Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks is gluten free pizza, which is worse than an empty box.
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Nicks is gluten free pizza, which is worse than an empty box.

I was going to say he was a home brand frozen pizza

Surely a gluten free pizza from a pizza shop would be better than one of those monstrosities

I still think there is a very slight possibility we sack him but it needs to come from the players as part of the end season interviews and discussions.

Generally the change will come by others trying to save themselves.

I suspect Reid and Bello will be gone first.
Would have been done by now.

Or at least the talk of it happening in media.

It isn't. He is coaching in 2025.

Realistically we are 5 years off making a GF with the current team. There is zero chance Nicks is coach in 5 years time. He would be a 10 year coach with a very dismal win/loss ratio. So the question is why kick the can down the road? If a new coach came in for 2025 we would be more forgiving for a year or 2 of not making finals and he would have a clear 5 year run at it. If we keep Nicks for another 2 years then we are simply delaying by years. I really want the club to explain to me what is their thinking. I'm willing to be open and buy in but from where I sit it just doesn't make sense.
This is the issue. If they waited til the end of the season (as they should’ve) to look at his contract, there is no way after a bottom four finish he’d be getting an extension. In the back of their minds they would acknowledge he’s not the man for the job going forward but we’ve re-signed him so we’ll give him another season and then do something about it. It’s a wasted year.

Last edited:
It's sad reading how many people feel the same. Nicks has really ruined a lot of supporters joy for watching footy.

I've never felt more disinterested as a crows supporter than I have this year under nicks.
I agree. For me it's not just Nicks though, as even if they decided to replace him, the new coach would be selected by the same people who selected him, and that gives me no comfort what so ever.

The Good news is that I felt worse about the club in 2011 and 2019.

So this is really only the 3rd worst feeling year I can think of. Let's make 2025 #1 baby!
At least in those years the club had the sense to sack the coaches and give some hope to the fans
No such luck this year and no such hope for next

It's sad reading how many people feel the same. Nicks has really ruined a lot of supporters joy for watching footy.

I've never felt more disinterested as a crows supporter than I have this year under nicks.
It's worse than the camp. I've never felt so angry with the club. I'm completely divided by the players and captain. Lost respect for dwason. and you've got nicks saying all this garbage about values while his players bag rash in the media. Just a completely broken club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the issue. If they waited til the end of the season (as they should’ve) to look at his contract, there is no way after a bottom four finish he’d be getting an extension. In the back of their minds they would acknowledge he’s not the man for the job going forward but we’ve re-signed him so we’ll give him another season and then do something about it. It’s a wasted year.
It's taken five years to know (for sure) that he's a dud.
2025 will be the wasted year.

Edit: on reflection :embarrassedv1:, I'd say that's what you meant, apologies.

Last edited:

I'm not a big fan of Rowie.

Good on him for saying what we're all feeling and not being a club ambassador
He complains a lot but refuses to lay any blame on Nick's. Hard to take him seriously if he creates excuses for the person in the main job.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He complains a lot but refuses to lay any blame on Nick's. Hard to take him seriously if he creates excuses for the person in the main job.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app
You take Rowe seriously ? ...... the guy is buffoon of the highest order

Rants 1st day back ...his normal MO now is to back-off 2 days later and go softly-softly, even though nothing's changed

5AA is an infomercial site .....all commercials with a sprinkling of sport put in to hold listeners ......he's an advert reader that's all

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back