Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It was work experience day
We are being treated like the work experience club, where so many are trying to learn on the job... but slow learners as keep making the same mistakes.

Have to laugh at Kelly, has zero qualifications to ge involved in running a football team.

5 years for Adam Kelly now.

Maybe he was best we could attract at that point in 2019, but when you’ve got to compromise, surely you give them a short contract and spend the entire length of that contract working on replacing them.

Unless we think he’s the right guy for the job?

Then the board might make him Nicks's replacement.
Smarter move would be to sack Kelly & use Nicks as Football Manager as we are paying for him any way.... then bring in Buckley to coach.

Kelly is a fraud of the highest order.

Having him as 'Head of Football' is just emblematic of our failings as a club.

SOMEONE has to fall on their sword and be responsible for this shitshow dumpster fire of a season.

Ideally all of them: Nicks/VB/Kelly/Burns/Roo.

I have a bad feeling these gimps will get seriously desperate in the offseason and do something with our pick 4 to trade in players to save face.

From earlier this year.

Young player. Talented. Crying out for help. Feels isolated. Club recognises communication is an issue (ironically—via a Rory laird press conference).

Even outsiders on the panel (both of whom respected leaders with flags to their name) recognise it is an issue with regards to leadership and mentoring players, and discuss how their own clubs approached this to make the out of form players feel included.

Contrast this to the crows. Can’t imagine Laird reaching out and saying “how can I help you and include you” between his 30 backward handballs.

This week has demonstrated how our club reacts versus the other more successful clubs (Geelong, Richmond, Sydney). Speaks volumes. It’s quite sad, really. Pathetic organisation.

Fantastic post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tide has turned, the AFC socials are getting belted with Sack Nicks vibes.

One thing the happy clappers love more than the coach is the fan favourite player. Clearly, Nicks and the leadership group misread the room.

My final take on Rachele and its a bit of a conspiracy but I think the playing group copped some heat from the coaches after the showdown. Instead of owning the terrible result, the players started looking for excuses. Dawson and other leaders were probably approached by some very mentally weak players upset about the criticism who decided that Rachele should be smashed for firing up the Port players (who you could see from their reaction, they werent fired up, they thought it was lame). Nicks decided to jump on this as its a great excuse for the loss and Rachele was scape goated. Nicks loves blaming others so its really no surprise.

Dawson as captain had to back the coach up with the talking points. But it would be a huge mistake to think this was just a leadership group decision. I think it was a combo.

Alot of talk pre season about us playing finals but I think alot supporters under estimate how big the jump is from outside the top 8 to inside. It's the biggest jump in ladder position and where most coaches fail. Nicks has been a clear fail.

Taking a club from bottom (in Nicks case to bottom) to that being competitive point is the easy part. It's getting those few wins that tip the ledger to more wins than losses that finds out who can coach.

Alot of talk pre season about us playing finals but I think alot supporters under estimate how big the jump is from outside the top 8 to inside. It's the biggest jump in ladder position and where most coaches fail. Nicks has been a clear fail.

Taking a club from bottom (in Nicks case to bottom) to that being competitive point is the easy part. It's getting those few wins that tip the ledger to more wins than losses that finds out who can coach.
So I recall discussions on here about not expecting finals in 2024, I mean they were right, but I did expect finals or at least being realisticly in eoth a chance.

But this season has pissed me off not just because we didn't make finals (I think ) but the way we didn't make finals, with the player selection etc. The whole Rachele thing added salt to the wound, but it did feel like another piss weak call.

So I recall discussions on here about not expecting finals in 2024, I mean they were right, but I did expect finals or at least being realisticly in eoth a chance.

But this season has pissed me off not just because we didn't make finals (I think ) but the way we didn't make finals, with the player selection etc. The whole Rachele thing added salt to the wound, but it did feel like another piss weak call.

The club was talking finals, Silvers between round zero and our opening bounce was still on the finals train.

One thing the happy clappers love more than the coach is the fan favourite player. Clearly, Nicks and the leadership group misread the room.

My final take on Rachele and its a bit of a conspiracy but I think the playing group copped some heat from the coaches after the showdown. Instead of owning the terrible result, the players started looking for excuses. Dawson and other leaders were probably approached by some very mentally weak players upset about the criticism who decided that Rachele should be smashed for firing up the Port players (who you could see from their reaction, they werent fired up, they thought it was lame). Nicks decided to jump on this as its a great excuse for the loss and Rachele was scape goated. Nicks loves blaming others so its really no surprise.

Dawson as captain had to back the coach up with the talking points. But it would be a huge mistake to think this was just a leadership group decision. I think it was a combo.
Your storytelling fairytales are impressive .....you have quite the imagination

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back