Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pete was saying only winners should be having fun. I agree with that in theory but on a practical level, seems like a sure fire way to encourage a morose loser culture. I don't think any of the current top sides are taking that approach, even the ones that haven't recently won a flag.

Where is this "winners" line that says who can have fun.

The main culture change that has come about is that we are now more satisfied with losing and missing finals. So there's very little internal conflict based on poor results, and very few people leaving seeking the ultimate success.

Same!

Every time a coach says something interesting or insightful it feels like a direct shot at us too
It is completely damning for Nicks.
Seriously... When was the last time he said anything interesting or insightful?

The guy is empty of understanding and justs spews endless corporate spin. He's boring. He's dull. He's empty. He's done.

You'd be bringing out the curtain if it was a racetrack.

Might have been discussed already but what a difference between the way the coach handles the players. Can you imagine if this was Nicks and Rachele? Would have let him get dragged through the media circus before addressing it. Then some statement about how he knows he needs to do better blah, blah, blah. Mitchell is getting the best out his players right now. We are not.

The main culture change that has come about is that we are now more satisfied with losing and missing finals. So there's very little internal conflict based on poor results, and very few people leaving seeking the ultimate success.
We lose and have a coach tell everyone how proud he is of them.

Nicks will never achieve the ultimate success because he coaches grown men like they're in an U10 league.

Nicks will never achieve the ultimate success because he coaches grown men like they're in an U10 league.
Name me a Coach who isn't running with similar commentary ......we've got all these new age woosies, who would rather be working hard on new celebrations, than hear the truth

RZnoDY.gif

It is completely damning for Nicks.
Seriously... When was the last time he said anything interesting or insightful?

The guy is empty of understanding and justs spews endless corporate spin. He's boring. He's dull. He's empty. He's done.

You'd be bringing out the curtain if it was a racetrack.
I can't listen to him as I can't handle listening to stupid people.

It should be blatantly obvious that he just doesn't have the smarts.

You need strategic smarts to be a successful coach & Nicks will never have this ability.

You don't suddenly grow a brain after 5 years coaching

Nick's has the strategic IQ for under 10's.

Completely out of his depth at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those four by 2005 were 28-30. Passed their primes
???

Late 20s is still very much prime footballing years.

Roo and Goodwin were AA that year, Edwards came 5th in the Brownlow and McLeod then won back to back AAs in 2006-07.

If they were past their primes, consider me Miles Davis.

Im yet to see anybody give an alternative ? So we sack nicks for who ?another untried novice and then watch the melts on this board in 2 years to sack them

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Clearly you hasn't read the thread, as many of us would like to have Buckley.

Might have been discussed already but what a difference between the way the coach handles the players. Can you imagine if this was Nicks and Rachele? Would have let him get dragged through the media circus before addressing it. Then some statement about how he knows he needs to do better blah, blah, blah. Mitchell is getting the best out his players right now. We are not.
Yeah, this is an example of how to handle media morons seeking sensation. As soon as leaders at the club said something like 'so he went to the pub for dinner. Who gives a flying ****'? The air went out of the issue like a pricked balloon.
If it happened to one of our players, they'd still be bringing it up 5 years time and we'd still be throwing the player under a bus.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back