Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Term limits are for the Board members not other roles. Can you be a Footy Director without being a Board member? I think so, happy to be proven wrong.
I'm pretty sure that role is exclusively one for the board, unless we created an internal management role that would sit above Adam Kelly. Which you know, maybe we should have, but not with Roo in the role.

I'm pretty sure that role is exclusively one for the board, unless we created an internal management role that would sit above Adam Kelly. Which you know, maybe we should have, but not with Roo in the role.

Ok but we are talking the Adelaide Football Club here.

Perhaps Roo won’t be there given Fox will have its own commentators at all games from next year so he might be quite busy.

Term limits are for the Board members not other roles. Can you be a Footy Director without being a Board member? I think so, happy to be proven wrong.

'Footy Director' isn't actually an identified role. It's a loose title because he's a Director that is heavily involved in footy ops via chairing list management and list strategy committees. Once he's forced off the board, he can still be appointed to perform any other paid or unpaid role.

A coach can clear that up pretty easily with his above statement about playing better when they celebrate.

You realise the irony in all this Jen don’t you?
Having a “go” at the “negatives” on here for not being excited over the last 7 years, yet you’re suggesting players shouldn’t be excited if they aren’t winning either.
I’m not suggesting it at all. All I said was “wait until they start losing”. The press will pounce.

Depends on the response and how its communicated

It seems your concern is media driven and how fans will react. Some fans wont like anything but that final moment. Then spend the off season worrying if the team can do it again - you ignore them

With the media its how the message is communicated. We have seen a few issues over the last month where we have failed to address the issue but other clubs have and its disappeared

Stengle V Ginnivan V Rachele - which in your opinion is worse

On the balance of info Stengle ( to me ) is the worst and the other 2 a mile away. Yet because of how we addressed it Rachele is the super villain.

He isnt. It just seems he is . It doesnt help he had 5 months to think about it.

Yes celebrations look silly when you are 5 goals down but if it lights a spark then so be it
I think y’all think I’m against what Rachelle did. I’m not. I loved it. But the media pounced on him. They will pounce on the hawks too once they start to lose. “Not a good look” they’ll say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you ever listen to any of his press conferences?

He sounded like a complete dullard who seemed to have very little footy IQ other than prattling off stats.

I just don't rate those coaches who coach via analytics on a laptop, I'd prefer us to go after someone with an actual footy brain who doesn't need a laptop to tell them who is or isn't playing well.
Buckley’s the one I want.

I’m not suggesting it at all. All I said was “wait until they start losing”. The press will pounce.
What’s this supposed to mean then?
Because when you are losing but players are still happy and celebrating a goal, what does that say to supporters?
supporters have nothing to do with the press?

I think y’all think I’m against what Rachelle did. I’m not. I loved it. But the media pounced on him. They will pounce on the hawks too once they start to lose. “Not a good look” they’ll say.
Why should we - or other clubs - care what the media says? We see the hypocrisy with trade news and ''fair compensation''

As I said as long as the club/s communicate their position then its none of the medias business

Well tbf Derm is someone youd go to war with. The dude was as tough as they come back when it was a thing in footy. His 1989gf performance is a stuff of legend. Dipper was a gun too. Jack is not the ilk of any of those.

Clarko is more referring the that kind of antagonistic showman that all three of those guys were/are. The point is that a hugely successful club like Hawthorn has tended to embrace and encourage those personalities. This highlights the idiocy of trying to suppress Josh’s personality and antics.

Clarko is more referring the that kind of antagonistic showman that all three of those guys were/are. The point is that a hugely successful club like Hawthorn has tended to embrace and encourage those personalities. This highlights the idiocy of trying to suppress Josh’s personality and antics.

My point was Dipper and Derm backed it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Back