Opinion McKernan....where to next? Stay or PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested in your views - recall your something of a ruck watcher
It's prob hard to find many success stories.

Griffin looked like was finally gonna make it at Freo but then did knee.

Maric had a spike at Richmond before settling into previous standard

Moran finally looked like making progress then did knee

Meesen just a dud

Jacobs backwards this year.

There's prob others. Overall it seems the rucks follow their coach in improving taps but becoming near useless in every other facet. Surely we can get more out of our rucks?

It's prob hard to find many success stories.

Griffin looked like was finally gonna make it at Freo but then did knee.

Maric had a spike at Richmond before settling into previous standard

Moran finally looked like making progress then did knee

Meesen just a dud

Jacobs backwards this year.

There's prob others. Overall it seems the rucks follow their coach in improving taps but becoming near useless in every other facet. Surely we can get more out of our rucks?
It's shocking we have not had a dominant ruck since Rehn. As you say Sauce went backwards once he settled in to the black hole that is our ruck coaching set up.

Unless they have a commitment from Lycett or Gorringe I hope we retain McKernan.

It's shocking we have not had a dominant ruck since Rehn. As you say Sauce went backwards once he settled in to the black hole that is our ruck coaching set up.

Unless they have a commitment from Lycett or Gorringe I hope we retain McKernan.

How many more years do you think it will take before the club will realise that Clarke is a hack.

Surely he'll be traded.

There can be no way he'd stay. We preferred Andy Otten as a 2nd ruck by the end of the season.

Hopefully 2+ Vic clubs are keen

I've been keen on McKernan for a few years now, although most of the Carlton posters don't share my interest. I'd hope Carlton at the very least make an enquiry about him.

I've been keen on McKernan for a few years now, although most of the Carlton posters don't share my interest. I'd hope Carlton at the very least make an enquiry about him.
There's undeniable talent there, but it's surrounded by sillyness, inconsistency, and a lack of discipline. If he wanted to go, and we were offered a third rounder, I'd be surprised if we didn't take it.

There's undeniable talent there, but it's surrounded by sillyness, inconsistency, and a lack of discipline. If he wanted to go, and we were offered a third rounder, I'd be surprised if we didn't take it.

Harsh! I mean I'd happily call him stupid but I definitely wouldn't call him a campaigner. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't really been given a real crack at consistent senior footy since he's been in Adelaide.
Just wonder if he had a decent run whether he'd flourish or not.

Come the end of our season each year our club resembles a dead carcass with vultures circling....
Interestingly though in the case of McKernan the vultures are our own supporters who can't seem to appreciate the development which must go into a young ruck.

Just what exactly have either Gorringe or Lycett done more than McKernan to elevate them to mythical status.

I would prefer to keep McKernan over other talls in Graham, L Thompson and dare I say it J Jenkins.

Hasn't really been given a real crack at consistent senior footy since he's been in Adelaide.
Just wonder if he had a decent run whether he'd flourish or not.
He played 16 games in 2011, and had a good run earlier this year when Walker went down. It was clear that the coaches wanted someone who could be a competent second ruckman, so that was his chance to really nail it down. All he had to do was be mildly competent, and he would have stayed in the team. He showed flashes of ability up forward, and is decent as a ruckman (as long as he wasn't your lead), but he just didn't play well enough to earn more games. He wasn't particularly good in the SANFL either, which is a shame. That being said, our club is awful at developing ruckman, so hopefully he can have a good crack at it back at a Melbourne club.

He played 16 games in 2011, and had a good run earlier this year when Walker went down. It was clear that the coaches wanted someone who could be a competent second ruckman, so that was his chance to really nail it down. All he had to do was be mildly competent, and he would have stayed in the team. He showed flashes of ability up forward, and is decent as a ruckman (as long as he wasn't your lead), but he just didn't play well enough to earn more games. He wasn't particularly good in the SANFL either, which is a shame. That being said, our club is awful at developing ruckman, so hopefully he can have a good crack at it back at a Melbourne club.

Ironic that our greatest ever ruckman is currently at Port, whose young ruckman btw are developing nicely. Whereas we are left with a ruck coach who averaged less than 1 mark a game.

Shaun McKernan has ninja balance.

Has been able to sit right in the middle of a knife edge where we can't tell if he's going to definitely be no good or if he will eventually become good. Its been that way since day one and even now giving him a run of games he's STILL precisely balanced right on that edge.

A tweet from Pets:

@jpetrenko23: Why are people saying Shauny left us? That's an absolute joke. Adelaide is a fishbowl and can't believe that it has blown up like this!!

A tweet from Pets:

@jpetrenko23: Why are people saying Shauny left us? That's an absolute joke. Adelaide is a fishbowl and can't believe that it has blown up like this!!
Geez petrenko, we know it's a fishbowl, but let's not put off potential recruits we may trade Smack for.

Btw how do you feel about joining him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion McKernan....where to next? Stay or PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back