Opinion McKernan....where to next? Stay or PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Come the end of our season each year our club resembles a dead carcass with vultures circling....

Though, we were always going to look like that this season. I'm more disappointed that there is a chance he might be staying.

Out of contract this year as far as I know... and according to the information in the AFC Contracts thread.
The last I can find is he signed in August 2011 so presumably he signed for two more years till the end of this year. I thought he had one more year but I must have been thinking of last years trade period.

McKERNAN%20Shaun.png

DOPEY

Sounds like he said in contract negotiations '"i want such and such or trade me to a melbourne club where they get away with murder"

In all seriousness we probably offered him a pay cut...

I actually didn't realise he played 16 games back in 2011. The Crows/Carlton game at Etihad in 2011 he had a good game IIRC - kicked 3 I think.

Wouldn't surprise me if a club like the Bulldogs were having a close look at him as well. They need a key forward and it really could be as simple as coming back to Melbourne and being closer to his mates and family.

He was ~21 in 2011, and a very immature one.

I think he'll come good - would rather not trade him, especially for anything less than a decent second rounder.

Needs a coach to back him, develop him and give him confidence.

AND FOR GODS SAKE, CAN WE PLEASE GET RID OFF CLARKE? NOT A SINGLE RUCK HAS IMPROVED UNDERHIM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say the reason the crows are denying it is because they want to keep him and feel they can talk him around.

Realistically I don't blame him for demanding a trade if that's true. He was never going to be a permanent player in the side. He had his chance last season when we lost Tippett but fell way down the pecking order quickly again. He has talent and I am sure we will see him play some good games for the opposition but I cant see him becoming a regular best 22 player for any side. I don't think he does enough.

I think the best move for both parties is for McKernan to head home - he's been starved of opportunities and obviously there's been reports of confidence/mental issues. With Tex and JJ in the forward line he's already battling for a spot, then throw in Otten/Lynch/Johnston, etc and he's really got his work cut out.

To be honest if we can squeeze a second round pick out of someone we'd have to take it.

I think the best move for both parties is for McKernan to head home - he's been starved of opportunities and obviously there's been reports of confidence/mental issues. With Tex and JJ in the forward line he's already battling for a spot, then throw in Otten/Lynch/Johnston, etc and he's really got his work cut out.

To be honest if we can squeeze a second round pick out of someone we'd have to take it.
if it is true, why the heck didn't the Crows identify his mental weakness when he was under contract.

FFS waiting till he is out of contract to arrange for a trade hasn't worked for us in the past.

Surely after 20 years we have a good enough player analysis to identify blokes with a lack of fortitude.

if it is true, why the heck didn't the Crows identify his mental weakness when he was under contract.

FFS waiting till he is out of contract to arrange for a trade hasn't worked for us in the past.

Surely after 20 years we have a good enough player analysis to identify blokes with a lack of fortitude.

He would be better used as butter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion McKernan....where to next? Stay or PSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back