Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

It is the club pushing the gaslighting message that The Belief Is Strong. It's not, we don't at all believe we can beat good sides when we are the underdog. We lose these games again and again and again.

Who honestly believed we would beat Collingwood, Adelaide, Carlton, Gold Coast? No one.

The only game we have won that I didn't expect to win was the Geelong game this year. And that was built on one unicorn quarter of Everything we touched turned to gold. After that we hung on for dear life.
Collingwood Adelaide Gold Coast all bottom 8 sides as well!

Anyone else having transmission issue with FOXTEL atm? I have an apology on screen and their website is down. Looks like I will be forced to look at FTA this evening.
Crowdstrike have a major outage so I'm shaking my head at the media.

Ling and Malthouse on ABC pre game talking re Hinkley:

Ling proceeds to bring up Cats fans' reactions to Chris Scott in recent weeks, can't believe they want to get rid of a 12/14 finals coach and 2-time flag winner (conveniently neglecting Hinkley hasn't made a GF). Malthouse similar. fmd

lol Cam Luke wetting his pants about more non vic sides in the 8 than vics. Saying a vic side can't win it because travel is too hard. Cry me a river matey
Err ...

Article says ball touched ump before crossing the line. shows image of ball touching ump over the line lol

The ball made contact with the goal umpire before crossing the line, but the ARC ruled that it would have gone through for a goal regardless, awarding Byrne-Jones the goal after a lengthy score review.

“I reckon that’s the right call, but it’s probably a game-ending call,” Channel 7 commentator James Brayshaw said.

9d84b11411226937c51ae91b82e227dd.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article says ball touched ump before crossing the line. shows image of ball touching ump over the line lol

The ball made contact with the goal umpire before crossing the line, but the ARC ruled that it would have gone through for a goal regardless, awarding Byrne-Jones the goal after a lengthy score review.

“I reckon that’s the right call, but it’s probably a game-ending call,” Channel 7 commentator James Brayshaw said.

View attachment 2060064
The melts over this call by some people. It was clearly a goal.

according to news.com.au Ollie Wines had a big game

"Former Brownlow Medallist Ollie Wines was immense in the middle of the ground with 26 touches and nine goals"
Clearly it should have been nein goals.

The melts over this call by some people. It was clearly a goal.

Yep. But there's a lot of idiots out there.

The one idiot I can't excuse is that bargearse who earns a motza with his BS commentating with Seven who had his melt live on air.

1722061857334.png

BT insisting the ball hit the post before it his the umpires leg despite the live vision and his co-commentators telling him otherwise is more evidence that he needs to go. Not to mention the embarrassing fact he doesn't know the names of the players when he goes into the changerooms of non-Victorian teams for his 'roaming bargearse' segment.

And old mate Brayshaw just as bad - repeating the excuse several times that Carlton can be excused for their loss because they had a much shorter break than Port.

We played on Saturday night and Carlton played Sunday afternoon. And we travelled - Carlton didn't, just like they didn't do last week, or the week before that and won't have to next week or the week after that.

Claiming Carlton had two days less preparation time than Port is just a blatant lie. Lazy biased pro-Vic commentary that keeps happening and needs to be called out for what it is. Because it is ruining the enjoyment of the game for fans of non-Victorian clubs in what the AFL claims is a 'national competition'.

Last edited:
according to news.com.au Ollie Wines had a big game

"Former Brownlow Medallist Ollie Wines was immense in the middle of the ground with 26 touches and nine goals"

Besides, the only ‘former Brownlow Medallist’ is Jobe Watson.

Besides, the only ‘former Brownlow Medallist’ is Jobe Watson.

On 6PR the other night the announcer kept referring to the bloke they were talking to as "former Olympian John Stephenson" - I was surprised that he of all people didn't pull them up on that, being the figjam twat that I remember.

View attachment 2060064
The most stupid thing about this goal live was the angles they showed before the decision was made official.

After they officially called it a goal they decided to show the one angle where it was clearly a goal and all commentators finally said, Yep thats a goal there.

Why the **** did they wait till after the decision to show the right angle on live TV?

****ing media campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back