Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Fascinating watching Kane Cornes hang Houston and Damian Barrett defend him to some extent. Damo's view is he should have the opportunity to play a grand final, so 3 weeks.

Kane wanted him sent off.

Bizarre that the Victorian commentators are the ones cutting Dan some slack.

They also highlighted the Thilthorpe tunneling of Jones, they were definite it should be a free and may be a report.
Kane wants Houston out for the year so he has a readymade excuse for Hinkley if he crashes out of finals again.

Where was this mentality when Luke Hodge was prepping Chad Wingard for a Futurama head in a jar style of preservation?

Remember when Ryan Burton (Hawthorn) got off despite rearranging Shaun Higgins face when electing to bump.

Michael Christian stated the bump was perfectly executed and that Burton could not have reasonably foreseen high contact. This was during the era of duty of care when deciding to bump instead of tackle.

This league is illegitimate. It is biased. It is corrupt. It is contemptible. No one should take it seriously but everyone should be hoping non Victorian clubs (aside from the obvious one) prevail against the odds stacked against them.

David King is an absolute campaigner, reckons port targeted rankine. **** off you pond scum.
The only way to shut these idiots up is to win it. Let them keep talking us down. Our Showdown performance, like the win against Melbourne and even Sydney, has been an afterthought around the peripheries of the circle jerking that has gone on around Hawthorn, the Giants, Collingwood and even St Kilda this weekend. Even Dunstall after the Geelong-Saints game last night was quick to talk us down, by acknowledging that we keep winning but that we've looked vulnerable as well.

The more they dismiss us and ignore us, the more it plays into Hinkley's hands. He hates and suffocates under expectation. This is playing into his hands rather well.

If I hear or read, 'Houston we have a problem' one more time I may melt big time. Apparently the so called journalists employed by the Murdoch Press cannot find anything better to lead into their judgemental articles with.

The anti Port bias in the media is alive and well. Foxtel's coverage of the Houston episode through the likes of King, Dixon and co has been less than professional and reports of airheads on other channels and programmes appears to be fit a similar pattern.

FFS give it a rest Rupert.

David King is an absolute campaigner, reckons port targeted rankine. **** off you pond scum.
If we were targeting Rankine why the **** would we have one of our absolute best players do the dirty work and risk getting rubbed out? If we were really targeting him we'd get a Sutcliffe type to do it.

Of course we wouldn't do that because nobody would do that shit in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We targeted Rankine the same way teams target Butters or Tom Stewart. Distract them from the game and hopefully extract some ill disciplined frees from them. Its just unfortunate for all involved that Dan decided to bump instead of tackle.

Yep. That's what I meant. It is unconnected from the Houston bump.

If I hear or read, 'Houston we have a problem' one more time I may melt big time. Apparently the so called journalists employed by the Murdoch Press cannot find anything better to lead into their judgemental articles with.

The anti Port bias in the media is alive and well. Foxtel's coverage of the Houston episode through the likes of King, Dixon and co has been less than professional and reports of airheads on other channels and programmes appears to be fit a similar pattern.

FFS give it a rest Rupert.

Houston we have a problem.

I watched the highlights last night and the Fox commentator said how the Port faithful were standing and applauding the players when not long ago they were ranting, booing, spraying them. It's the one who sounds a bit like Anthony Hudson, Papaglia or whatever?

Anyway, what a load of crap. Nobody sprayed the players, we're not Essendon supporters. Some of the crowd booed Hinkley after another woeful game, that time against Brisbane. And since then we have turned around the way we play.
That's what makes me laugh. The abuse Carlton fans gave their players after losing last year to Essendon before they went on their run to the prelim was far worse. No one mentions it or highlights it. Some booing from a few people after getting walloped at home in a game commemorating our only premiership, will be talked about forever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back