News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always has looked very solid and I can see why they wanted to trade F1 for Curtin. If that team gets on the park for 15+ games then we’re not finishing bottom and may even climb out of the bottom 4 depending on where the cutoff is. Anything similar to this year and it may be a stretch (ie Cats Freo and Bombers all needing 10 wins to finish 12-14) but it’s definitely not impossible, albeit still unlikely.

TBF - Us and Norf stinking so bad had a bit to do with the high number of games required to top 8.

That's.... not a bad line-up.
Off the top of my head: Bazzo, Chesser, Maric, Culley (and recruits e.g. Hall). They need games at the highest level. But with Gaff, Waterman, Witherden and even maybe Sheed we don't have spaces. I know there'll inevitably be injuries but a strategy to get to a flag ASAP (as opposed to max 2024 wins) shouldn't be based on injuries creating spaces.

Edit: Jones also

This is close to the pin.

Who’s missing?

Mine was this pre-draft:

B: Liam Duggan, Tom Barrass, Tom Cole
HB: Jayden Hunt, Jeremy McGovern, Elliot Yeo
C: Brady Hough, Reuben Ginbey, Andrew Gaff
HF: Elijah Hewett, Jack Darling, Jamie Cripps
F: Liam Ryan, Oscar Allen, Noah Long
Foll: Matt Flynn, Tom Kelly, Dom Sheed
I/C: Bailey Williams, Tyler Brockman, Alex Witherden, Jack Petruccelle
Sub: Jamaine Jones

Happy to slide Harley in and push Petruccelle out the 22.

Raffle the sub between him, Jones and Waterman.

Same 22 pretty much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast legend Dean Kemp says Eagles greats can finally see light again after club’s two-year spiral​

West Coast legend Dean Kemp says he and other Eagles greats can finally see the light again after the club’s two-year spiral to rock bottom led to them drafting Harley Reid.

Kemp, who earlier this year revealed the devastation he and his former teammates felt over the club’s struggles, said the arrival of Victorian prodigy gave them hope that things could finally turn around.
“We have had a tough couple of years,” Kemp said. “To have him here is huge. We will finally see some sun light after a few dark years. There is a lot of excitement among the old fellas.”

Kemp, an Eagles co-captain, premiership player and Norm Smith medallist, was an integral part of an Eagles dynasty that delivered premierships in 1992 and 1994.
Seeing their old team crash to the bottom of the ladder was something he and other former Eagles had struggled with. Now living in Margaret River, Kemp said he still chats to the old guard.
“Peter Wilson and I have been talking about it (arrival of Harley Reid) at golf every Thursday,” Kemp said.
“We are very excited and very happy the club stuck with its No.1 pick. We are so rapt.

“And seeing Donny Pyke come on board (as CEO) as well is awesome news. It’s fantastic. I was very close with Trevor Nisbett but it’s going to be an awesome fit for the club.”
The arrival of teenage sensation Reid has been met with incredible enthusiasm and excitement from the West Coast faithful and Kemp said he shared the sentiment.
“I reckon we are going in the right direction,” he said.

“Last year was hard. Even though it was good to see some of the young players coming through and playing some good footy and never give up.
“Having that extra talent makes it even better. He (Reid) comes with huge raps. If he lives up to any of the expectations, far out, he is going to be a beauty.
“We haven’t had too many big midfielders of late so he will be handy with (Elijah) Hewett and (Reuben) Ginbey and these type of guys.”

Kemp said when next in Perth, he’d like to reach out to Reid.
“I’ll let him get settled in,” he said “But I’d love to pop in and say hello to Harley and a few of (the other young players).”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ignore my previously dumb take now that i've thought on it.

Last edited:

West Coast legend Dean Kemp says Eagles greats can finally see light again after club’s two-year spiral​

West Coast legend Dean Kemp says he and other Eagles greats can finally see the light again after the club’s two-year spiral to rock bottom led to them drafting Harley Reid.

Kemp, who earlier this year revealed the devastation he and his former teammates felt over the club’s struggles, said the arrival of Victorian prodigy gave them hope that things could finally turn around.
“We have had a tough couple of years,” Kemp said. “To have him here is huge. We will finally see some sun light after a few dark years. There is a lot of excitement among the old fellas.”

Kemp, an Eagles co-captain, premiership player and Norm Smith medallist, was an integral part of an Eagles dynasty that delivered premierships in 1992 and 1994.
Seeing their old team crash to the bottom of the ladder was something he and other former Eagles had struggled with. Now living in Margaret River, Kemp said he still chats to the old guard.
“Peter Wilson and I have been talking about it (arrival of Harley Reid) at golf every Thursday,” Kemp said.
“We are very excited and very happy the club stuck with its No.1 pick. We are so rapt.

“And seeing Donny Pyke come on board (as CEO) as well is awesome news. It’s fantastic. I was very close with Trevor Nisbett but it’s going to be an awesome fit for the club.”
The arrival of teenage sensation Reid has been met with incredible enthusiasm and excitement from the West Coast faithful and Kemp said he shared the sentiment.

“Last year was hard. Even though it was good to see some of the young players coming through and playing some good footy and never give up.
“Having that extra talent makes it even better. He (Reid) comes with huge raps. If he lives up to any of the expectations, far out, he is going to be a beauty.
“We haven’t had too many big midfielders of late so he will be handy with (Elijah) Hewett and (Reuben) Ginbey and these type of guys.”

“I’ll let him get settled in,” he said “But I’d love to pop in and say hello to Harley and a few of (the other young players).”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That last line kind of pisses me off.
Can't be arsed to get around the kids we already drafted until we have a number one pick floating around.
Pretty sure those old blokes all made a few appearances at training earlier this season, as well as last year.

I'm sure he's met them already.

That last line kind of pisses me off.
Can't be arsed to get around the kids we already drafted until we have a number one pick floating around.
Thats a strange reach. Kemp goes to training pretty regularly and is always around the club, especially the WAFL side

Anyone open this? The title triggers me.

For 12 months all I've heard from the media is we need to clean house. Now we are cleaning house and it's too much!!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, that’s a bit too much “complaining that there’s nothing to complain about”. And that’s coming from me!

Stupid piss-pathetic drama queen write ups by media over Sheeds moonboot and Reids corky!
"Dom Sheed injury news rocks West Coast" ...No, it didn't at all? In fact Simmo told the media to just cool your jets, it's just a moon boot and a corky, early days gentlemen, lets all relax and calm the f*k down, he was trying to say...
Over-amped click bait headlines to sell papers and get hits ...grrr. ((;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back