Melbourne Protests:Land Forces 2024 International Land Defence Exposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Are poster's in this thread that are against the expo arguing that weapons have no place in society, civilian or military?

Am I getting that correct?

Ridiculous response. There shouldn't be an bells and whistles expo complete with light show, music and unveilings for weapons designed to kill.
It shouldn't be open to the public to jack off over either.
Letting private companies spruik their weapons like that is sick.
Why tf is there an expo anyway.
The army can inspect weapons to buy anytime.
The arms companies want more wars so they can make more profit.
You have no right to enforce your morality on others. Don't like it, don't attend.

Seems to be a mix of networking, marketing, lectures etc for government, industry and scientists. I presume it's standard practice for the industry.

It's not even open to the public.

Defence is fairly important to any nation, isn't it?
It's marketing.
Governments are only buyers , they can go and inspect weapons at any time without an expo.
It was open to the public as far as I know.

Seems to be a mix of networking, marketing, lectures etc for government, industry and scientists. I presume it's standard practice for the industry.

It's not even open to the public.

Defence is fairly important to any nation, isn't it?
^^In spades.

Defence companies are competing for a slice of the Defence budget pie which is a lot smaller now due to Submarine commitment. Nothing to do with supplying weapons in Gaza.

Australian defence forces and equipment are used for humanitarian/disaster efforts and Defence mainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's marketing.
Governments are only buyers , they can go and inspect weapons at any time without an expo.
It was open to the public as far as I know.

There was a similar conference and expo last week for the fire services.

The government can go and inspect new equipment and technology anytime, why’d they bother? Maybe you should have been in Sydney protesting that as well.

There was a similar conference and expo last week for the fire services.

The government can go and inspect new equipment and technology anytime, why’d they bother? Maybe you should have been in Sydney protesting that as well.
Nothing wrong with a fireman's expo at all. This one is an insult , profit from war.

Sorry, as someone who was in the city today... the balaclava led individuals, starting small fires, throwing rocks screaming "Fk Tha Police" were far from this.

Similar with the protests during lockdowns, this issue is the tag-alongers... Who don't care about the issue, they just want an excuse to cause chaos.
There are known to be 5000 professional protesters, anarchists, in Victoria who turn up to everything, Gaza, climate etc. Troublemakers.

The point of the protest is Australia is providing weapons to Israel and Israel are using those weapons to indiscriminately maim and kill women and children.

Protest is entirely reasonable.

But the state was pretty quick to take sides. As usual.
I don’t think that is true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Protests:Land Forces 2024 International Land Defence Exposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back