Melbourne Protests:Land Forces 2024 International Land Defence Exposition

Remove this Banner Ad

As recently as twenty odd years ago those who protested against Gulf War 2 were condemned from pillar to post, now you have a hard time pinning down anyone who will claim to have thought it a good idea outside of those whose historical legacy is tied to it.

Yep in my coming of age people were spitting venom at those speaking out against the war. “You commie traitors are going to let Saddam give his nukes to Osama!” even though Saddam didn’t have WMDs and no links to Al Qaida.

Not a single apology when the hippie peace activists were proven to be correct over the former generals and Middle East “experts” claiming war was necessary.

Yep in my coming of age people were spitting venom at those speaking out against the war. “You commie traitors are going to let Saddam give his nukes to Osama!” even though Saddam didn’t have WMDs and no links to Al Qaida.

Not a single apology when the hippie peace activists were proven to be correct over the former generals and Middle East “experts” claiming war was necessary.
I spent most of my 20s being pretty cruisey about politics, that fired me back up again.

Try to correctly format a post first.

Secondly if the military industrial complex thinks it’s going to get support for its cause by provoking and propping up wars that have killed, maimed, displaced and starved millions all over the world it would be the opposite.

A bag of poo being thrown is about 1,000,000 times less harmful than the bombs, gas, bullets, shells, diseases, torture and abject horror the MIC has unleashed on the world in the last 12 months alone.
And despite this fact the flog protestors are less popular than the weapons manufacturers. That has to sting...

And despite this fact the flog protestors are less popular than the weapons manufacturers. That has to sting...

Was there a study of public opinion toward the groups?

I remember the Iraq era anti war protesters being shat on and called traitors. My parents told me the Vietnam era anti war protesters endured the same. Both groups were proven to be ultimately right, and the bootlickers exposed for who they truly are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Protests:Land Forces 2024 International Land Defence Exposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back