Melbourne v Gold Coast @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Some positives for Melbourne today :

Kennedy-Harris is clearly a best 22 player, and probably already one of Melbourne's top dozen players.

Spencer was good in the ruck, won the majority of the centre square hit outs (from what I saw anyway).

Frawley missed a few opportunities, but I would be surprised if he returned to defense any time soon; pro-active up forward and provides a genuine target.

Howe got better and better as the game went on.

the negative was their forward entries, particularly in the first half, they lacked system and smarts bringing it into the 50.

conversion didn't help either, but they were no worse than the Suns in that regard.

Interesting game.

Look no doubt gold coast played the better footy I dont argue that, but the side who plays the best looking footy doesnt always win, and I am not impressed that at a vital moment a huge decision was made based on nothing

Well done GC they were better, but i cant believe they handed him that goal

fair enough - bad luck today, Melbourne playing a lot better now that they have forwards to kick it to though!

And on cue he takes an overhead mark. margin 8 pts, would've been interesting if not for shithouse umpiring.

I love Dawes - he was crucial for us in 2010 and I honestly wished him well at Melbourne. He has a great motor for a big man and does some really smart things (his 2010 GF replay game was excellent, the bumps and tap ons were superb), but unfortunately he cannot mark overhead.

I feel for you guys, you copped a pretty raw deal today.

Bad luck umps. Didn't quite get them over the line(ducks quickly under screen). Young Kennedy Harris needs to stop flopping forward every time he gets tackled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Dawes - he was crucial for us in 2010 and I honestly wished him well at Melbourne. He has a great motor for a big man and does some really smart things (his 2010 GF replay game was excellent, the bumps and tap ons were superb), but unfortunately he cannot mark overhead.

I feel for you guys, you copped a pretty raw deal today.

very limited overhead for sure, but Melbourne are a much better team with him than without him.
I was one that laughed long and loud when Melbourne recruited him, but his work-rate has been pretty good since crossing to the Demons; provides a contest (more than you can say for Watts).

fair enough - bad luck today, Melbourne playing a lot better now that they have forwards to kick it to though!

Atleast im finally able to be disappointed about an 8 point loss and not an 80 point loss

Atleast im finally able to be disappointed about an 8 point loss and not an 80 point loss

big difference, surely!

kick straighter and use the ball a bit better going forward today and your blokes could have banked the four points - I liked the way they played the game right out though, positive signs.

thought Pedersen was ok today too, starting to show some promise.

Stirring rendition of that magnificent Gold Coast song.

That was a disgraceful effort. The club should seriously consider changing it because even the players, as demonstrated after the game, could not be bothered to get enthusiastic about it. Greater Western Sydney's song is far superior.

very limited overhead for sure, but Melbourne are a much better team with him than without him.
I was one that laughed long and loud when Melbourne recruited him, but his work-rate has been pretty good since crossing to the Demons; provides a contest (more than you can say for Watts).

Agreed with all of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back