Morabito to undergo knee surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely gutted by the news. Poor kid.

Thanks to all the posters from other clubs who show genuine sympathy. Thanks guys, appreciated.

Ah shit.

ahh the joys of being a fremantle supporter.. just as the stars seem like they may finally aligning we get another kick in the guts:mad:

Good Luck with your recovery Mora

It seems like all our players have serious injuries at the start of their careers just when they are about to fly. Palmer, Barlow and now Mora.

I can't handle players getting injured all the time.

A terrible blow for the kid and disgraceful news for Freo supporters.

Morabito is a seriously exceptional talent, and fingers crossed he can come back from it better than ever.

Pre-season really is just fraught with danger, just horrific luck for player and club. :thumbsdown:

Just got home read about it and still cant believe it
Was at training and saw him limp of with a trainer and walk up the stairs to the rooms
Yakka and I discussed it and thought know way could it be a knee,just a tweak somewhere
Put it out of my mind thinking no worries, Mora will be fine,get home and read this and I,m totally gutted.

He'll be right. He'll have the year off and come back and get everything out of himself.

I saw Brad Dick do his knee pretty bad. He came back, hadn't lost any of his pace or movements and found career best form. Unfortunately he has shit shoulders too.

Look at Brendon Goddard. Had a knee reco a few years back, just about the best player going around these days.

He'll be right, and he'll still reach that stardom he is bound for.

Thankyou for that, everytime i see a player go down with a knee I can't help but think his career will be severely limited going forward.

Shattered all the same though

I wake up to read this? F*%()U%((%^&*# $&&#&%*$.

Worst injury list in the comp last year, starting off again in super fashion this year.

I can't agree that it will only effect one season ... look at recent history and guys like Palmer. Maybe if they were older it would be only 1 year, but when they are young those first few years are crucial in them improving their game. We're basically going to lose 2 years of development from one of our matchwinners, which is extremely detrimental to our premiership hopes in the next 2-3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guess its a good thing we got so many midfielders lately.

I heard about it on ch10 news from that hutchy clone from western front.
Whole time hes talkin about it, he looks like hes smiling an loving breaking such bad news to freo supporters.

As if the bad news wasnt enough i had to hear it from that tosser.
hope he comes back from it better than Palmer did

I can't agree that it will only effect one season ... look at recent history and guys like Palmer. Maybe if they were older it would be only 1 year, but when they are young those first few years are crucial in them improving their game. We're basically going to lose 2 years of development from one of our matchwinners, which is extremely detrimental to our premiership hopes in the next 2-3 years.

F**k don't talk like that man, you're depressing me.

So here's my glass-half-full version to make myself feel better:

Mora looked every bit like an uncertain kid not yet mature enough to realise how to use his gifts this year. In 2012 he'll be a mature 20yo (in comparison to an 18yo straight out of school anyway) and he will have had a year to work on and gain confidence in the strength of his body. Look for him to come out with the confidence that those more mature players have (ala Broughton).

Don't think we should be comparing him to Palmer either. For starters Palmer's knee was a nasty impact injury that did damage to the surrounding joint, whereas Mora's sounds like more of a clean injury to just the ACL.

And Palmer's entire game is built around gut running, so it was no surprise that he struggled after not being able to complete a preseason. As stated not only has Mora's injury occurred early enough for him to have a full preseason next year but he's also more of a crash and bash burst player as opposed to a hard running accumulator. I seem to remember Kouta (who Mora reminds me of) coming back and being a very effective player after doing his knee.

After Barlow's return, seeing Mora 2nd season in along side Hill in full flight was one of the most anticipated things I was looking forward to in 2011. This sucks balls. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:.

Apologies if covered elsewhere, but do we have any reports how it happened. Was it simply a running/fitness drill of sorts or some sort of contact/impact injury?

I really hope Mora comes out firing in 2012. But when they are young, the most important development I feel is actually playing. Sure there is something to be said for getting stronger in the gym or whatever, but there is no substitute for playing. Look at Gumbleton, I've lost track of how many years he has been injured, but he is still basically like a 2nd year player, when he should be in his 4th-5th year and starting to rip games apart like Jack Riewoldt (I think they were the same draft?).

Looks to me like while we should try to win every game and see what happens, we should also focus this year on getting everyone in the best shape for 2012. Another year should do Palmer a world of good. Don't rush Barlow back. Get as much game time as possible into the likes of Chrichton, Bollenhagen, Roberton. Look to give Griffin/Clarke a lot of game time and not destroy Sandi. Keep Pav in the forward line.

I really hope Mora comes out firing in 2012. But when they are young, the most important development I feel is actually playing. Sure there is something to be said for getting stronger in the gym or whatever, but there is no substitute for playing.

Yeah that part of my post was pretty much a bunch of crap - basically me clutching at straws to make myself feel better.

Morabito to undergo knee surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back