List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Done it already. See post #537 18Oct20 on p22 of this thread.
No equivocating. No flip flopping. I've been saying the same things for about 2 wks ie Brisbane should do it the easy way, make an offer that gets band 1 either by converting incentive $ to base $, or offering a shorter term at a higher rate with later yrs at a lower rate with easy triggers. If not, Essendon should match and risk the consequences. I'm very sure there's been no flopping about.

You’re straight-up rewriting history here...you were advocating playing above market value to trigger band 1 whereas the feedback you got was ‘pay him what he’s worth and see where that ends up’

you were already tiresome; now you’re a fibber too 👎

Our medical team will have him super fit and Fages will have him focused and loving footy.

Just put a lions jumper on this and we are going to have some good times ahead at the footy.

What that video doesn't show is the work he did around the ground too. They let him roam free, and he ended up averaging 15 disposals, 7 marks, 8 score involvements and 300m gained per game.

I'm bending over backwards here to be nice when you're not even trying to comprehend what I'm saying.
I summarised it for you anyway in a few short lines.
There's been lots of accusations of changing my position, but no actual details. I've been very consistent.
Just one more time....
I think Brisbane's initial offer to Daniher was fair. But if they expected that they would get him as a RFA at that salary, without having to trade, and that Essendon would settle for band 2 compo, that is neither fair, nor, more importantly, smart.
Free agency compensation is a terrible system, terrible formula, terrible outcomes, and has a terrible effect on how trading works.
But Brisbane are just trying to play within the rules to get the best result. And so is Dodoro.
And working within the existing rules, it's very obvious how the best result can be achieved.
Brisbane would be mad to risk not getting Daniher at all when it need not cost them anything to get him at the same time as making Essendon happy to let him go. (I've been through the details ad nauseam - look back on previous posts if you want to see details). They can change their offer to meet band 1 compo easily.
I don't advocate doing it to "make me happy", or even to help Essendon.
It's a good idea for Brisbane, because it gets them Daniher for free, at pretty much the salary cost they offered him, just with more base and less incentive.
If they don't do it, Essendon would likely match, and cause one of 2 things to happen
1. Brisbane get Daniher via trade (much worse for Brisbane), or
2. Daniher would go to the draft and Brisbane would likely miss out on him altogether.

And, by any measure of gut feel, of any smart, reasonable judge of football, Daniher is worth band 1 compensation (even if the AFL formula says otherwise).
If you think he is crippled by injury and hasn't recovered, fair enough, he isn't. But then, if you think that, you wouldn't be recruiting him.

PS I have thought of one new possibility i hadn't allowed for before. I said Dodoro would never accept band 2 compo and would certainly match. However, it is possible that he promised Daniher last year, when we blocked his move to Sydney, that if he came back and gave it another shot, we would not attempt to block his move as a RFA if he still felt the same way and wanted to go in 12 mths.
Of course this would make Dodoro a man of principle, keeping his word to Daniher, and "Noble by name, Noble by nature" a grubby opportunist, and I rather suspect it wouldn't get much credence on your board.

Just a terd that won’t flush.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amusing lot you are.
When it looks like Essendon might match - majority here scoff at paying enough for band 1 "Daniher is a big risk....not worth it....don't care if we don't get him....let him go to the draft" blah blah.
After a few reports that he is getting enough for band 1, Essendon won't match, and he will come for free - it becomes "holy sh!t, how good is he?"

It always made sense to do it the easy way. Pay him enough for Band1 and get him free. Why you people couldn't see it I don't know.
Let's hope it works out that way. Still only news reports.

Can someone ban this tosser?

Ridiculous the way this board treats visitors from other clubs. Just my opinion.
Most are treated well IMO, what any poster posts on an online forum doesn't worry me in the slightest and I haven't commented on 60sbomber but I can understand some getting annoyed by his posting style/logic, nothing I have seen is too over the top abuse.

Ridiculous the way this board treats visitors from other clubs. Just my opinion.

What's with the personal attacks?

That’s a very general statement Carter and one I disagree with. If people come to our board respectfully, most people tend to treat them with respect.

This poster has REPEATEDLY bombarded our board with utter nonsense. At the start people were pretty patient, but patience wears thin when he/she keeps changing his/her narrative to suit themselves. Look back at their posting history over the past month. Basically all on OUR board. There is a main board to discuss Joe, as well as the Essendon board.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Most are treated well IMO, what any poster posts on an online forum doesn't worry me in the slightest and I haven't commented on 60sbomber but I can understand some getting annoyed by his posting style/logic, nothing I have seen is too over the top abuse.
Someone called him a 'turd', which is over the top, but the next post had an amusing "turd" gif which softened the abuse.

The opinion he is posting is quite common in the media but he reminds me of many of Beethoven's pieces of music, who in my worthless musical opinion, often just didn't know when to stop.

What's with the personal attacks?
There's plenty of guys who come in here and post in collaborate manner and there's no animosity to them from most. If there is, then we mods try to remind people to be respectful.

However if someone comes in and starts insisting things should happen a certain way (that we have no control over), demands everyone agree with him, and then keeps posting the same thing over and over, they're going to burn their bridges. I think you'll find that most of us were fairly polite and restrained initially. However said poster is now the most frequent contributor to this thread and it's basically 47 versions of the same post.

Someone called him a 'turd', which is over the top

I agree. IIRC it was reported and pulled up (though I think the post still exists because it was several days after the initial post).

he reminds me of many of Beethoven's pieces of music, who in my worthless musical opinion, often just didn't know when to stop.
I disagree and if we meet in person may have to challenge you to a duel for besmirching the god of music's honour.

I agree. IIRC it was reported and pulled up (though I think the post still exists because it was several days after the initial post).

I disagree and if we meet in person may have to challenge you to a duel for besmirching the god of music's honour.
I hope you are not disagreeing that my musical opinion is worthless!

I am a Mozart devotee and try to listen to him very day. Beethoven, Haydn and Stamitz come in second

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back