NAB Cup Squads: Port V Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

*PAFC*13 said:
Play Wakelin at FB, Chappy CHB, and Damon to take Third tall. Willits at FF Tredrea at CHF and Pettigrew in either a FP or HHF. Thurstans is ********house, Should retire. He is now fully developed and still crap. Trade him off at the end of season. Bishop is way over used by date, should hopefully retire at the end of year. Bishop will most likely not be needed during the season.

One thing that Thurstans has going for him is that he can pinch hit in the ruck & with Lade, Brogan getting on a bit i would class him as a required player. If he does gets delisted at the end of this year & with a few of our senoir citizens (Wakelin, Bishop, Kingsley etc) due to hang up the boots at the end of the year.
Their isn't any need to make rash decisions just yet, although in quite a few supporters eyes he's had his chances. I say give him as much opportunties as possible this year & if he plays well enough then keep him on a 1 year deal.

We're still very thin in our midfield stocks at the moment & i would've thought that would be more of a concern rather than worry about how players like Thurstans, White, Bishop are going.

Porthos said:
OK, I think I missed something there.

IN: Wakelin
OUT: Bishop, Carlile

Don't Brisbane have about a billion tall forward prospects at the minute? Haven't they named, oh, all of them?

Clark injured, Merrett rested

Expect Leppitsch to play forward

Brisbane rushed

P 1.0
B 0.1

Motlop behind after getting around Voss easily

P 1.1
B 0.1

Pettigrew goals after a chain of handballs

P 2.1
B 0.1

Akermanis kicks a behind

P 2.1
B 0.2

Sloppy play by both teams.

Thurstans hits the post

P 2.2
B 0.2

Dew and White off, Pearce and Ebert on.

Brisbane behind

P 2.2
B 0.3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh has copped two heavy hits in the last minute

Lappin behind

P 2.2
B 2.5

Shattock a good mark. Misses

P 2.3
B 2.5

White goal

P 3.3
B 2.5

Kane behind
P 5.4
B 2.5

1/4 time
P 5.4
B 2.5

So much for cutting the quarters time....30 minutes that one went to

White has no trouble marking in the SANFL. In the AFL he drops simple totally uncontested marks, they even bounce off his chest at times. Same goes for his goalskicking.
=> It's in the head and fixable.
It sounds as if today he is starting to finally get it right in the AFL.
Go you good thing!!

Pred said:
I too have the "Toby may still be a good player" affliction, though he is on his last legs with me this season.
Toby IS still a good player.
From an outsider's point of view (without knowing if there are/have been reasons for it) if he can/wants to play to the best of his abilities is the questionable part.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Cup Squads: Port V Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back