Game Day NAB Round 1 Crows v Kangaroos, 1 March @ 4.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god footy is back. Can't wait to check twitter for updates and then watch highlights the next day :oops:

The lack of stream is as per AFL orders we have been told.

Question, do you think i can listen to the match via 5aa on my computer/iphone?
Yes 5AA have an app.

Yes 5AA have an app.

My concern is, if i go to the footy and want to use my iphone to listen to say TripleM via their app, once the footy is about to start, the audio cuts out for the length of the match. Apparently due to "licensing" you can only listen to commentary through the AFL app (which is on delay making it useless when at the footy).

As this is a pre season game that has no tv coverage i am going to assume logic will prevail and the app will work while the game is on.

My concern is, if i go to the footy and want to use my iphone to listen to say TripleM via their app, once the footy is about to start, the audio cuts out for the length of the match. Apparently due to "licensing" you can only listen to commentary through the AFL app (which is on delay making it useless when at the footy).

As this is a pre season game that has no tv coverage i am going to assume logic will prevail and the app will work while the game is on.
Yes I'm aware of that hassle as well, while working the MMM app stops streaming!! This game should be good. There is another APP called Radios Australia which has 5AA along with a range of other stations. I tend to use this one.

Yes I'm aware of that hassle as well, while working the MMM app stops streaming!! This game should be good. There is another APP called Radios Australia which has 5AA along with a range of other stations. I tend to use this one.

Thanks for the tip.

Goodluck for the game Crows, by that i mean no injuries, as who gives a fat rats toss bag who wins.

Reckon I heard him confirm this in an interview. He said we'd start of playing kids and then inject more senior players in games 2 & 3.

Unless I dreamed it.
Yep, he said it and mentioned O'Brien and Ramsey as two we'd likely see. I could see them giving McGovern, Wigg and Dear a go too. Then you add in the fringe guys from last year like Atkins, Grigg and Lyons and CEY and probably others like Jake Kelly as well.

Can't wait to not watch this! :(

I wish we were proactive in the sense of streaming this.

I guess listening to it on AA will have to do, with the added highlights off the website.

Anyone heading over for this one?
club and North asked if the AFL could assist in providing a stream. they couldn't/didn't want to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media? No live feed as PW can't inspect before release. Expect a downloaded replay once PW has had a chance to redact anything that resembles match play - we may get to see the bounce of each quarter and the players shaking hands at the end.

Hold your horses there, bounces could reveal how we set up!

He is one of your top tier players that i dont think you will let loose in the first round of NAB. Has he had a full pre season?
More than most of our playing list, more than 1/3rd when in for surgery, included Ziebell playing with a half bung shoulder, but is now treking well. More than half of our KP's had off-season surgery. Wells, Swallow and Cunners have been our standouts in pre-season training, especially Wells who likes playing you guys as well. Hows your playing list stacking up?

More than most of our playing list, more than 1/3rd when in for surgery, included Ziebell playing with a half bung shoulder, but is now treking well. More than half of our KP's had off-season surgery. Wells, Swallow and Cunners have been our standouts in pre-season training, especially Wells who likes playing you guys as well. Hows your playing list stacking up?
Genuinely don't know - our whole PS has been effectively closed apart from some short fitness sessions and a few photos.

Sauce Jacobs strained medial about a month ago. M Crouch ankle ligaments just before christmas. Both should be ok for season proper but interupted. Brent Reilly you would know about. Not sure his future there but was fringe 22. Reilly knight ripped ankle and had surgery, 3months out. Cheney had a heartbeat flutter about a week ago as well so had a week off. Post season surgery for Betts as well, be right round 1. Sam Shaw surgery for Hamstring tendon more long term out. Thats about it unless someone adds, i probably forgot something. Everyone else been training hard but we dont get much info as has been behind closed doors.

Genuinely don't know - our whole PS has been effectively closed apart from some short fitness sessions and a few photos.
Wow really, that's a little surprising. Its funny on our board about anytime someone mentions about going to training. Last year before our final with Geelong, we had a poster (who normally goes to our training weekly) Phillyroo, who went down to give us a report on BF and he told us about a few injured players and we had the head of our media (heath o'loughlin) go on BF and rip said poster to shreds about it being a closed session, that we don't need our own spilling secrets etc. Now everytime someone says they're going to training, we have a little chuckle and say watch out for Heath.

Sauce Jacobs strained medial about a month ago. M Crouch ankle ligaments just before christmas. Both should be ok for season proper but interupted. Brent Reilly you would know about. Not sure his future there but was fringe 22. Reilly knight ripped ankle and had surgery, 3months out. Cheney had a heartbeat flutter about a week ago as well so had a week off. Post season surgery for Betts as well, be right round 1. Sam Shaw surgery for Hamstring tendon more long term out. Thats about it unless someone adds, i probably forgot something. Everyone else been training hard but we dont get much info as has been behind closed doors.
Probably trying hard to push up for a top eight finish. Ok, thanks, sounds good for most then, not to many KPP's either which is handy. You'll probably catch us out RD 1 with our injuries + we're notoriously slow starters.

Wow really, that's a little surprising. Its funny on our board about anytime someone mentions about going to training. Last year before our final with Geelong, we had a poster (who normally goes to our training weekly) Phillyroo, who went down to give us a report on BF and he told us about a few injured players and we had the head of our media (heath o'loughlin) go on BF and rip said poster to shreds about it being a closed session, that we don't need our own spilling secrets etc. Now everytime someone says they're going to training, we have a little chuckle and say watch out for Heath.

The funny (funniest part) was Philly not knowing who the poster Heath was, and effectively saying who the heck are you to tell me what to post. The response from Heath was pretty funny "I'm Heath head of media at North who the heck are you?"

Philly seemed to take it the right way though and everyone gets along now. For the most part.

The funny (funniest part) was Philly not knowing who the poster Heath was, and effectively saying who the heck are you to tell me what to post. The response from Heath was pretty funny "I'm Heath head of media at North who the heck are you?"

Philly seemed to take it the right way though and everyone gets along now. For the most part.
Good bloke is Philly, takes it all in his stride, the funniest thing for that part of the year.

Wow really, that's a little surprising.

The thing with our closed sessions are that they really, really are closed, as they have been held on Footy Park and not on Max Basheer reserve out the back. Only two full sessions have been 'open' as far as I am aware on Max Basheer. So not only do we have any beans to spill, neither do the media or other teams have any idea about who on our list are fit/injured/training well and what the hell Phil's game plan is going to be!

Thank god footy is back. Can't wait to check twitter for updates and then watch highlights the next day :oops:

The lack of stream is as per AFL orders we have been told.

Question, do you think i can listen to the match via 5aa on my computer/iphone?
I use an app called tunein radio to listen to 5aa. They cant stream while the regular season matches are on though, have to listen through the afl live app. not sure if the restriction is in place during the nab

The Age has a riveting write up!!!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/nab-challenge-week-one-preview-20150223-13lzar.html

....... NOT!

ADELAIDE v NORTH MELBOURNE
Sunday, March 1
Centenary Oval, 4.40pm

The Roos are a bit underdone in the backline through injuries but look for Robbie Tarrant to line up in defence. It worked for his brother after all. Shaun Higgins in particular could add something forward and Jarrad Waite just ease the pressure on marking forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day NAB Round 1 Crows v Kangaroos, 1 March @ 4.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back