Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a big laugh at the 22 people who voted for campo.

Fair enough he is a caretaker in a horrific situation, but he stinks. Won't get an interview. Maybe, MAYBE, he is ok at being an assistant.

I'd be happy with Campo

You and I need to talk.

It could be a lengthy discussion, so perhaps some fine single malt is in order. (I'll bill the mods.)

glenfiddich-40yr-old-product-detail-feature.jpg

As ambitious as this sounds, I think we need to get at least two of the coaches mentioned in the poll. With the exception of Woosha, I don't think any of them are the equal of Walshy and so expecting just one of those blokes to come in and put the club on his shoulders is a big ask.

I am warming to the idea of Woosha DOC, Dew as Snr Coach (Woosha being his mentor). Pyke is up there, but will he want to leave WA? Has anyone asked him, Perth media etc. No one will ever replace Walsh, so maybe we do go for a different model. People keep banging on about where Sydney are at now, but where were WCE when power got Walsh? Assistant coaches follow the Snr coaches plan, not their own. Dew has been involved in several premiership sides including Hawks and Swans etc.

My next question is, if we go for a new model, do we turn over a few more assistants? Where is our premiership window now? Can we still get there in 2 years? Next step is we go aggressive in trading and drafting. I want us to feel that we actually got the better end of the deal, and be tough mongrels to deal with to get our man/men! I believe this trade and draft period will really determine just when the window will open. I just hope the new coach can get his fingerprints on the list. I loved hearing that Woosha is involved in list management, surely that's a good sign. Just my thoughts, ask me tomorrow........

#ForeverAFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We absolutely have to keep Grigg. Our disposal efficiency has been an issue for a long time, and Grigg actually has some polish.
This is more a function of our players not spreading into space. And our structure at stoppages where players are not positioned on the outside.

Watch how Hawthorn makes space. Not every kick is lace out on the chest. The recieving player runs so it is easy for the kicker to kick to advantage. Yes they have good kicks, but our structures have exasperated our weak kicking.

Campo got us a great win in the Showdown, we beat Richmond, if he gets us another impressive win or two does that make him a shoe-in for the job?

Campo got us a great win in the Showdown, we beat Richmond, if he gets us another impressive win or two does that make him a shoe-in for the job?
No, he'd have to go through the process like everyone else. But it like having a gazette.

So apparently Woosha through his hat in the ring for the coach's job in the presser? Delicious.

Did this happen? If so--I have to say bad form by Woosha. Campo deserves his 24 hours on this victory. I have no doubt Woosha is helping mightily in his role, but geeze so not the time/place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back