Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because after last seasons appointment of coaches during the season disrupting finals preparations ...it was agreed by clubs that coaching appointments would be made after conclusion of teams campaigns

Roo just sticking to that agreement

You just said...."until their season is finished" - why would any agreement need to be followed if their season is over?

You just said...."until their season is finished" - why would any agreement need to be followed if their season is over?
It was just so assistant coaches wouldn't be pirated approaching finals

It was just so assistant coaches wouldn't be pirated approaching finals

Are you deliberately being obtuse by ignoring the key part of the question.

Once their season is over, they can be appointed. Therefore, after round 23 we could appoint an assistant coach from a club not playing finals. That tells me, they are looking at someone who is coaching at a club who is expected to go to the Grand Final.

Brenton Bolton was last man standing before they appointed Walsh. Sadly and I hope they don't go for him but it looks likely he is up to his ears in the job.

Once their season is over, they can be appointed. Therefore, after round 23 we could appoint an assistant coach from a club not playing finals. That tells me, they are looking at someone who is coaching at a club who is expected to go to the Grand Final.

Brenton Bolton was last man standing before they appointed Walsh. Sadly and I hope they don't go for him but it looks likely he is up to his ears in the job.

The club has already said they wont dust of last years process and pick the next man up

Unprecedented circumstances may mean a unprecedented process or even coaching appointment or appointments'

The club has already said they wont dust of last years process and pick the next man up

Unprecedented circumstances may mean a unprecedented process or even coaching appointment or appointments'

So, why would he place so much emphases on the week before or after the grand final if it didn't involve a coach from one of those clubs?

Dew, Pyke or Bolton - one of those 3 will get the job.

The club said one of the reasons they hired Walshy is they wanted him to install a football program which he's done. They've said they want that continued so who ever it is will need to have the same philosophy's, someone like Campo would do that

So, why would he place so much emphases on the week before or after the grand final if it didn't involve a coach from one of those clubs?

Dew, Pyke or Bolton - one of those 3 will get the job.

That's a different question

I'm not saying it won't be one of those 3 or Ny other assistant

All I am saying is that the process to appoint our next coach is independent of last years process

Why would Mark Ricciuto specifically say they won't appoint someone until after the GF?

Bolton was last man standing after Walsh last year.

There is a chance Pyke and Dew could also be involved in that Grand Final ;)

It's a pretty diplomatic answer, but, it seems they already know who will be coaching Adelaide next year.

There is a chance Pyke and Dew could also be involved in that Grand Final ;)

It's a pretty diplomatic answer, but, it seems they already know who will be coaching Adelaide next year.

I think it will be Bolton or Dew.

I got the impression that it could be Pyke, Dew or Bolton as they are teams who could go as far as the preliminary or the granny.

;)

That's a different question

I'm not saying it won't be one of those 3 or Ny other assistant

All I am saying is that the process to appoint our next coach is independent of last years process

Even if they are independent from last year, would the results or findings change that much within 12 months?

Maybe Dom Pyke but I can not see any other assistant coach becoming a bolter to be applying for the job from last years interview process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been widely reported Dew was last man standing.

Roo said BB was yesterday.

Fair enough. Media often guess or make shit up. Bolton supposedly had a bit of a crack at Adelaide after Walshy was appointed saying he felt like the decision had already been made. Could hurt his chances IF he puts his hand up again. He might decide not to because of that. Not sure if I like him or not. Besides being at the Hawks not sure what he's accomplished.

Fair enough. Media often guess or make shit up. Bolton supposedly had a bit of a crack at Adelaide after Walshy was appointed saying he felt like the decision had already been made. Could hurt his chances IF he puts his hand up again. He might decide not to because of that. Not sure if I like him or not. Besides being at the Hawks not sure what he's accomplished.

I don't want him. I'm just putting a few things in order and trying to preempt what the club could do.

I think it will be Bolton or Dew.

Mark Ricciuto was on triple M (dead set morons show) yesterday and they asked about when he expected to sign a new coach. His responce was; a week after the grand final. Then he back tracked by saying it will simply depend on when teams finish. I might be after the grand final or it might be before, it just depends on when that team is knocked out.

I got the impression that it could be Pyke, Dew or Bolton as they are teams who could go as far as the preliminary or the granny.
They won't make an announcement until the Crows are knocked out of the finals too, if there are internal applicants.

Even if they are independent from last year, would the results or findings change that much within 12 months?

Maybe Dom Pyke but I can not see any other assistant coach becoming a bolter to be applying for the job from last years interview process.

Probably not with the candidates that missed out

However they might want to further explore candidates outside of last years short list

I also heard that Bolton was the least impressive in the process

I'd like to be excited by the next appointment like I was with Walshy, but I trust Roo and Fagan (and Woosha) to get it right.

Which actually means that if they say Campo's the man to continue what Walshy started, then so be it

But it would be exciting to get someone like Pyke or Woosha:);)

so campo played 10yrs under parkin at carlton, 2 at ess under sheedy, 3 yrs assistant at ess under sheedy and 5 at crows under craigy sando and walsh is this correct?

Think he was an assistant for Sheeds last year and Knights first 2. Or Sheeds last 2 and Knights 1. Last year and a half with Craig (Bicks) then 3 with Sando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back