Preview Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

Next AFC Coach For 2016 & Beyond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Said ....IMO Campo not strong enough & i repeat ....he wasn't interviewed 9 months ago

For what it's worth, Matthew Pavlich was rated not talented enough to be drafted but 12 months later he was rated top 5.

Players, coaches, clubs improve and can develop very quickly to show what they can do.

For what it's worth, Matthew Pavlich was rated not talented enough to be drafted but 12 months later he was rated top 5.

Players, coaches, clubs improve and can develop very quickly to show what they can do.
That's incorrect ....Pavlich wasn't drafted because he was considered a Man/Child as a 17 years old beating up the skinny kids & maybe little physical & game upside

Same said about WC Darling

That's incorrect ....Pavlich wasn't drafted because he was considered a Man/Child as a 17 years old beating up the skinny kids & maybe little physical & game upside

Same said about WC Darling

And he proved them wrong, hence getting drafted or is his career simply a dream?

Pavlich was highly rated, then had a poor season so he was overlooked to be taken under the rules back then as a 17 year old.
Had a big next season, went high in the draft.

And this is my point.

Last year, campo wasn't considered ready but this year - he has had a big year of coaching and now could easily be considered ready after 12 months.

And this is my point.

Last year, campo wasn't considered ready but this year - he has had a big year of coaching and now could easily be considered ready after 12 months.
I'm not certain if he will be good or not but we shouldn't be just writing him off.
I'm sure the process will take care of it all and they will know who the best and most impressive guy is for the job.
That's if he even wants the job.

I must say he has changed a lot from how he spoke and so called carried himself a few years ago. Much more impressive now.

Our list impressive ....our window open .....pick the wrong coach & WOW

Campo caretaking Walsh gameplan & philosophies

Campo ONLY could turn the Sydney game to what we saw against Richmond .....that's Campo not Walsh there

That Said ....IMO Campo not strong enough & i repeat ....he wasn't interviewed 9 months ago

you have to apply to get an interview

My bet ...Walsh did not put an application in ....he was asked his interest

mate, Assistant Coaches are now being very targeted in what roles to apply for as they know 2-3 failed interview processes will basically kill their aspirations as a Senior Coach, Peter Sumich and Brian Royle are examples of this and Bolton and Dew will also be wary of recieving to many knock backs.

with this in mind Campo is a smart guy and would have known that the clubs recruitment strategy would most likely look to target a complete gear shift in direction and as a result wisely decided not to apply, 12 months later the landscape has change and he has an opportunity to build his coaching brand and assess whether the timing is right to put his hat in the ring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what they were saying on 5AA it sounds like the biggest issue for Campo is does he have the ability to make time to be the head coach on a full time basis. That seems to be the biggest reason why he's always said he wasn't interested in being a full time coach.

From what they were saying on 5AA it sounds like the biggest issue for Campo is does he have the ability to make time to be the head coach on a full time basis. That seems to be the biggest reason why he's always said he wasn't interested in being a full time coach.
That's what i said over the weekend ......3 young kids ...pretty tough given the hours required of a senior coach

mate, Assistant Coaches are now being very targeted in what roles to apply for as they know 2-3 failed interview processes will basically kill their aspirations as a Senior Coach, Peter Sumich and Brian Royle are examples of this and Bolton and Dew will also be wary of recieving to many knock backs.

with this in mind Campo is a smart guy and would have known that the clubs recruitment strategy would most likely look to target a complete gear shift in direction and as a result wisely decided not to apply, 12 months later the landscape has change and he has an opportunity to build his coaching brand and assess whether the timing is right to put his hat in the ring
Listened to Brett Montgomery on the ABC football coverage on the weekend, sounds very similar to Phil Walsh in a lot of ways, might be worth an interview too.

Do people like the sound of a Don Pyke, John Worsfold team? Sounds like a real possibility
Yes i do ....because Pyke was so respected when at the Crows

I'd be keen for Campo as a coach, if, he wasn't with Adelaide for the past few years.

Mainly as he might have some of Craigs/Sandos failed philosophies still ingrained to him, which, is something that concerns me.

I'd like to see how the rest of the season plays out with Campo. Sometimes a guy finds himself with an unexpected opportunity and turns it into something really special.

I am not ready to make a declaration on him now---but I am willing to keep an open mind from here on out.

Six weeks ago I would not have even considered him for anything other than a caretaker for this season. However, this is a results oriented business--he has steered them to a 3-2 record thus far, and that demands our respect.

Let's see how it plays out the rest of the way.

I'd like to see how the rest of the season plays out with Campo. Sometimes a guy finds himself with an unexpected opportunity and turns it into something really special.

I am not ready to make a declaration on him now---but I am willing to keep an open mind from here on out.

Six weeks ago I would not have even considered him for anything other than a caretaker for this season. However, this is a results oriented business--he has steered them to a 3-2 record thus far, and that demands our respect.

Let's see how it plays out the rest of the way.

If we somehow manage to roll the Eagles and the Cats and land in W2 of the finals, there will be a lot of pressure on the Club, via players/media to have Campo as the Coach in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back