NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The former CEO was an arrogant dictating dinosaur that most clubs were thrilled to see retired. If you are a supporter of him you are a dinosaur also.
The DVFL was over 20 years ago so I would like to think it should improve. I could easily say the League have no appreciation or care how Clubs are run by volunteers.
I think NFL started about 2008 so thats about 16 years . Stand to be corrected

Brass Tap from 2012 to 2019, the premier came from the prem final, 2020 and 2021 not finals, last year Heid won from 2nd semi final
So you need to go back to 2011 so not sure the argument holds up
What a game that was!!

Good weather and good attendance in the finals allows the league to obtain a break even financial result for the year ( ask your club to show you the audited financial report ).Some finals series are financially better than others based on the number of clubs involved , Collingwood not playing on the same day as the Division 1 grand final and the weather .
There are no bonuses paid .
You seem to run a consistent theme I see. Looking through your posts it’s not hard to work out you are a long time league person/employee.

Attachments

• IMG_4044.jpeg
    IMG_4044.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 160

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I have watched Bundoora for the year... do they always play with 7 defenders or was it something they did for Mont?

Bundoora were clearer with the footy early to get the lead, and then just held them off. McKernan the difference in the end, used his body well, especially being 1 out.
Mont continued to kick the ball in the 50 short, needed to get the ball deeper, making it easier for Bundoora to fill the hole. They need a target between centre and 40 out to link with Fitzgerald out of the goal square.

Can you believe VFL Finals up until Grand Final are $15 to get in and you get a Record. NFL $17.50 plus Surcharge no record . Interesting.
$17 at VAFA and surcharge if tap.
Extra for a record.
Don't charge $7.50 for a can though😂

Hope like hell all of our people HAVE to pay $17 to see us play at this time next year 🙏

Chump 🏆

First time I have watched Bundoora for the year... do they always play with 7 defenders or was it something they did for Mont?

Bundoora were clearer with the footy early to get the lead, and then just held them off. McKernan the difference in the end, used his body well, especially being 1 out.
Mont continued to kick the ball in the 50 short, needed to get the ball deeper, making it easier for Bundoora to fill the hole. They need a target between centre and 40 out to link with Fitzgerald out of the goal square.
Watching the game I thought Bundoora held their 6 defenders but Mont went for an extra around the ball, I didn’t think they dropped an extra man back. One thing that seemed an instruction was for the defenders not to get to high up, it looked like outside of stoppages they did not stay with their man. The Bulls got out to the 23 pt lead, but the game never seemed to have that gap in it. The umps blew the pea out of whistle, not so much favouring either side but lead to lots of stoppages. One ump in particular had amazing vision to being able to see things the controlling ump couldn’t see.

Interesting if true. If thats the case it must have been in the pipeline for a long time.
It would surely have been the plan all along.....

Wonder why he decided to go to the bulls ?
Smart move, bring him in a year early to build the relationships. Good succession planning...likely driven by Chopper I would think.

Gee is hard to play on the big ground after playing on the small ground all year. Not surprised Mont and Hurstbridge both lost.

Sets up some huge games this weekend. Bundoora vs Bergs and Mont Vs North… the league will be salivating at all the $17.50’s they’ll get.

Jump the fence, its not hard. The trick is to do it during a break in play so you can run (if needed) straight onto the ground and blend in. Gavin Crosisca did it in 2010. I have jumped the fence every year since 2007 and in all that time I only got pinched once, and all they did was march me to the front gate and make me pay. Lol

Talk out of the Borough is they’ve sorted their coaching position out, a duel premiership coach currently on the payroll at Bundoora as football manager.
If true that’s one interview they won’t have to worry about.
Maoirana to Greensborough? Or do you mean people just talking about it at Greensborough.
Would have thought Bundoora would lock him away. Perfect replacement for Chopper. Hopefully that keeps a chunk of there players there. There one priority has to be to keep that group of 20-25 year olds. Then they can build around them and get some depth.
I think Marshall is the key in player movement. Has alot of relationships down there. Rumour was he was looking elsewhere at a lower division. But if he stays another year, that may keep a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back