NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we talk about Hursty’s pathetic effort today. 100pts on the home deck. Heidelberg are a fantastic outfit don’t get me wrong but 100pts on home soil. PATHETIC

Went to Eltham v Bundy today. Have family at both clubs. Bund were horrible. Skill errors. A lot of blokes that can’t cover the ground it Was hard to watch

‘That’s what I’d like to know’! Followers of 70’s/80’s band ‘The Sports’ will get it😉
I’m away and listen to the wireless today
It was quite informative
They said Honey kicked 10 goals from 10 kicks
They interviewed him after the game and he said that, he's coach said is was there best team for the year
He also said that Clark and barzen were going to Europe
Maybe a glimmer of hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Eltham v Bundy today. Have family at both clubs. Bund were horrible. Skill errors. A lot of blokes that can’t cover the ground it Was hard to watch
Bundy now lost to the other 2 relegation contenders over consecutive rounds - With the Bergs $1.01 flag favourites the real interest is who gets relegated. I still maintain that Bundy have a stronger top 10 players than Macleod and Eltham but they fall away horribly after that and their reserves are putrid so nothing coming from there if they get injuries.
They do play both Macleod and Eltham at home on the run home so may be a chance to stay in DIV1 on that basis but a lot of people wont shed any tears if they are relegated.....The money has walked and the BS remains - That from a Bundy supporter!.
Like another poster said, I agree that DIV1 quality has really dropped off - Bergs excluded.
We used to go and watch games that featured the likes of Harvey x 2, Daw, Bell, Saad etc - very few A graders that you go to see play in the NFL these days (A lot more in the EFL) - Lets hope that changes next season and we have more than 1 or 2 real quality teams in DIV1 and the standard overall improves.

Bundy now lost to the other 2 relegation contenders over consecutive rounds - With the Bergs $1.01 flag favourites the real interest is who gets relegated. I still maintain that Bundy have a stronger top 10 players than Macleod and Eltham but they fall away horribly after that and their reserves are putrid so nothing coming from there if they get injuries.
They do play both Macleod and Eltham at home on the run home so may be a chance to stay in DIV1 on that basis but a lot of people wont shed any tears if they are relegated.....The money has walked and the BS remains - That from a Bundy supporter!.
Like another poster said, I agree that DIV1 quality has really dropped off - Bergs excluded.
We used to go and watch games that featured the likes of Harvey x 2, Daw, Bell, Saad etc - very few A graders that you go to see play in the NFL these days (A lot more in the EFL) - Lets hope that changes next season and we have more than 1 or 2 real quality teams in DIV1 and the standard overall improves.
Those types require huge coin. Yet some of posters on here resent having to shell out $8 to get in on the rare occasion there asked to pay.

Pat Fitzgerald injured yesterday I’ve heard. Not sure how bad but Mont injuries adding up from what I’ve been hearing.

Looks like Nath Thomas had a pretty bad injury yesterday too when watching, looked pretty bad unfortunately

Agreed, but a powerhouse for a long time.

Pat Fitzgerald injured yesterday I’ve heard. Not sure how bad but Mont injuries adding up from what I’ve been hearing.

Looks like Nath Thomas had a pretty bad injury yesterday too when watching, looked pretty bad unfortunately

Those types require huge coin. Yet some of posters on here resent having to shell out $8 to get in on the rare occasion there asked to pay.

2nd -6th is still an absolute lottery to where they finish. Relegation is just as exciting. Bergs out in front but plenty of teams have cruised through undefeated and fallen over. The marquee players may have dropped off but if everyone is after healthy competition, I think that’s there. In seasons past, the top 3 was pretty much locked away and the spoon was done. Plenty to play out.

100 points mate, Yules north was always a better match up.

North back. Wonder if all those potting north 6 weeks ago will put their hand up now…got my doubts.
They are playing better footy. But still in a battle for a finals spot with 5 other teams. All the favourites win this week and they are back out of the 5.

Hopefully they can push Heidelberg this week or even beat them. If not Heidelberg would have to be $1.10 to win it again.

It's amazing that Nth played on 39pts on the weekend with 4 of those being Parker Heatley.

Banyule who I would have thought were mainly home grown were maxed on 46.

It's amazing that Nth played on 39pts on the weekend with 4 of those being Parker Heatley.

Banyule who I would have thought were mainly home grown were maxed on 46.
Banyule did a LOT of recruiting this past off season.
They also had quite a few 2+ pointers unavailable on the weekend too including Sammartino (2), Davis (3) and Cameron (4) who are all easily best 22.

They are playing better footy. But still in a battle for a finals spot with 5 other teams. All the favourites win this week and they are back out of the 5.

Hopefully they can push Heidelberg this week or even beat them. If not Heidelberg would have to be $1.10 to win it again

Yeah for sure. We’re only going to know who gets the double chance after probably 16-17 rounds. That’s Assuming no one can tip over Heidelberg pre-Finals to gain that extra 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back