NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good showing by Macleod having played the top 3 sides twice already, with a well fought win against Heidelberg yesterday. Can the boys from de Winton cause a few headaches come finals time?

Good showing by Macleod having played the top 3 sides twice already, with a well fought win against Heidelberg yesterday. Can the boys from de Winton cause a few headaches come finals time?

It was a very undermanned team that took the field yesterday. As a supporter it was hard to see how they could win but sometimes thing just click regardless of the personnel. If they do make finals into the team would come Doherty, Hobbs, Dornauf, Pope, Saad and a ruck in Baker.

Macleod's weakness in the ruck will be much less of a problem this year as they have the likes of the veteran Long ( out injured), Mark Baker, a backup in Jurgens and a new player of ruck size who played his first game in the twos yesterday.

Other than Borough anyone could make the GF so 5 in a row not out of the question.

Great win by Northcote Park today. Not sure what is happening with their reserves team (lack of players in fielding a Div 1 team) but the seniors played really well. Bundoora looked terrible but full credit to the Cougars
Yeh unfortunately Bundoora have 7-8 of there best players out and just don’t have depth this year. I’d say 10 of there senior side are probably regular reserves players. But Northcote can only beat what’s in front of them and did it well. Bundoora won’t make finals now!

We are all playing for 2nd. Greensborough have shown enough that their best is well above everyone else’s. Not sure where the other teams sit but it’s irrelevant.

We are all playing for 2nd. Greensborough have shown enough that their best is well above everyone else’s. Not sure where the other teams sit but it’s irrelevant.
I can only assume you haven’t followed football long because history is littered with clubs like Greensborough falling over at the last hurdle.

Greensborough are certainly favourites and should win it but it takes 1 bad quarter on a gusty Preston city oval and your season is pissed away.

When you’ve got a couple of superstars say like the Harvey brothers you are always a chance. Those blokes can absolutely tear it apart.

I can only assume you haven’t followed football long because history is littered with clubs like Greensborough falling over at the last hurdle.

Greensborough are certainly favourites and should win it but it takes 1 bad quarter on a gusty Preston city oval and your season is pissed away.

When you’ve got a couple of superstars say like the Harvey brothers you are always a chance. Those blokes can absolutely tear it apart.

Are you suggesting that North Heidelberg are the main challengers ? Greensborough have their number I’m sorry to say.

Are you suggesting that North Heidelberg are the main challengers ? Greensborough have their number I’m sorry to say.
I’m not saying it will be North. My point is if you have a couple of blokes on your side who can tear a game apart you can win it.

Preston city oval especially when you have the wind a couple of players can have a huge impact.

I’m not saying it will be North. My point is if you have a couple of blokes on your side who can tear a game apart you can win it.

Preston city oval especially when you have the wind a couple of players can have a huge impact.
Reckon a poor qtr with it has more relevance to winning or losing but agree with the original point. No such thing as a moral in a GF

Anyone else wonder how Nick Riddle didn't get a rookie list deal at Collingwood? The best defender in the NFNL by a country mile, rarely turns the ball over and has a great footy brain. Watched him live a number of years now and is on another level

If Shane Harvey kicks a bag, anything is possible with Norf

Anyone else wonder how Nick Riddle didn't get a rookie list deal at Collingwood? The best defender in the NFNL by a country mile, rarely turns the ball over and has a great footy brain. Watched him live a number of years now and is on another level
One of the great tragedies that he never got drafted. Makes you wonder when you look at some of the players in the AFL system nowadays, and how many players going around in the local leagues could have made it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a season defining game this week between Macleod and Bundoora. Will be hard for the loser to make it. They have had a great rivavlry the last few years and both clubs are decimated with injury. Could be match of the round to watch 2 young sides fight for there year!

Just an observation hoping someone can clarify for me. Was Boomer suspended ? If so why is he allowed to coach and be on the ground? Thanks guys in advance. Was thinking he maybe had a special approval?

Just an observation hoping someone can clarify for me. Was Boomer suspended ? If so why is he allowed to coach and be on the ground? Thanks guys in advance. Was thinking he maybe had a special approval?
From what I know, I don’t think you are allowed to step foot on the ground at all as a suspended player. May have have changed, but not sure why it would?

Yes he was suspended. And yes you are correct he shouldn’t be on the ground.
Thanks guys, be interesting to see what the league think about this. Pretty sure I know what the answer will be though. Its not 3 Blind Mice at headquarters its 2 Blind Mice?????

I was told when he got suspended it was in his capacity as a player not coach so he was only suspended as a player. Not sure how you split the 2 or if the rule has been made up specifically for Boomer but it does seem odd.

I was told when he got suspended it was in his capacity as a player not coach so he was only suspended as a player. Not sure how you split the 2 or if the rule has been made up specifically for Boomer but it does seem odd.
DOes seem very odd, regardless if player coach runner or whatever you are still suspended and not allowed on the ground. Maybe special rules for some .

I think the NFNL have a relaxed stance on it. Ali Fahour addressed the defenders out on the ground at the quarter time breaks in last year's finals - in full view of NFL hierarchy up in the function viewing area - and nothing was said and nothing come of it. So assuming the same blind eye being applied to Harvey. A long way from 20 years ago when Rhys-Jones was suspended and addressed from the boundary (in a cherry picker from memory!) :D

I think the NFNL have a relaxed stance on it. Ali Fahour addressed the defenders out on the ground at the quarter time breaks in last year's finals - in full view of NFL hierarchy up in the function viewing area - and nothing was said and nothing come of it. So assuming the same blind eye being applied to Harvey. A long way from 20 years ago when Rhys-Jones was suspended and addressed from the boundary (in a cherry picker from memory!) :D
Gee whiz, that just shows how much of a laughing stock the NFNL is. The hieararchy need to get their act together and start caring about what people actually think ofg the league rather than telling everyone how good they are at what they do. ABSOLUTELY ZERO is what they do.

That is no different to how far coaches can Rome most grounds 4 to 5 meters mont seam to have 20 to 30 meters. Was there the other day and saw a spectator having a yelling match with the mont coaches next to the light post next to the score board , and that is where the coaches roam to its wrong.

No special approval league deemed coaching as against playing role separate ie. suspended as a player.

Apparently the rule was changed for Playing coaches a few years back.

No special approval league deemed coaching as against playing role separate ie. suspended as a player.

Apparently the rule was changed for Playing coaches a few years back.
Thanks for clarifying. Still bit vonfused though as if you are suspended you are suspended. Thanks again for clearing up,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back