Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 133 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 334 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just know that every finals series that Collingwood make for the rest of Nick's career will be counted as a blemish on his record if they don't go on to win the flag. Strike rates are everything when it comes to AFL GOAT discussion, or so I've been told. It's all downhill from here.
Needs to lift to beat Dusty 0/1 for Norms and Ayres medals after first GF

I guess he's done now that he can't achieve 100%....
I'm only going by the font of knowledge on all things GOAT Cleansweep17. I think he's a chance but waiting on the chosen one to enter the discussion and educate us old timers. Who would have thought Peter could end up the worst Daicos to play AFL. The kids must get the talent from Mum

I'm only going by the font of knowledge on all things GOAT Cleansweep17. I think he's a chance but waiting on the chosen one to enter the discussion and educate us old timers. Who would have thought Peter could end up the worst Daicos to play AFL. The kids must get the talent from Mum
Well Peter is certainly officially 'the least successful Daicos' to ever play for the club.

I don't know about GOAT, but I'm confident he can be the best player in the AFL. He's a freak and will surely only get better.

Nick Daicos.

We have never seen a player do what he has done in his first two seasons. Many people have said he was the best first/second year player since Chris Judd. Chris Judd didn't do what Nick Daicos has done in his first two seasons.

Injury causing him to miss the final four matches of the 2023 home and away season was the only thing that stood in the way of him sweeping every individual award on offer, though he still managed to finish top three in the Brownlow, AFLCA Coaches Award and AFLPA MVP, in only his second season.

He topped off his year to return from injury for the Preliminary and Grand Final, playing influential games in both matches to be rewarded with his first premiership for the club. Reflecting on the play that resulted in the De Goey goal that put Collingwood back in front in the late stages of that game, it is highly doubtful that Collingwood win the Grand Final without Nick Daicos doing what he does best.

We need to track his career progression as he pushes for GOAT status, and what better way to do that than through use of a spreadsheet:
View attachment 1909755

I'm predicting it is a matter of when, not if, we're anointing Nick Daicos as the AFL GOAT.
It's not out of the question but also hard to achieve stating the obvious. Who's to say he won't snag another 3 premierships or so and a brownlow or two and a Norm Smith? Then he's in the discussion.

A very hard ask but he's young and had a stellar season. Best player in the comp hands down before that injury. Came back and dominated missing almost two months and was amongst the best both times.

A hard ask, a big one, but not out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many players achieved what Daicos achieved after 2 seasons?

The joke's on you son, sit back and enjoy like you did with Judd

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sheezel easily better in his 1st year than Daicos was in his - given how garbage his team was and how he was used as the gap filler across the entire ground.

O'Meara also better in his first 2 years as well, also in a terrible team.

I don't think Daicos will ever be considered the greatest of all time, but in saying that I expect he could be one of the greats of his era.

Also in a purely self serving way I am going to say I think Gulden is just as good as Daicos.

If he doesn't win the brownlow this year, then he will be behind Chris judd on that level.
Only if you're simplistically binary about awards, and can't recognise the fact Naicos was on his way to winning every individual award that was on offer before he missed the last 4 home and away matches to fall just short...

Back