Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 136 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 335 71.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I don't recall O'Meara leading all individual awards until a late season injury in his second year.

Let's check out O'Meara's second season... oh look, 1 Brownlow vote....

Imagine bad teams not getting Brownlow votes and imagine being in a team with GAJ who umpires loved to vote for....

Newcombe got more votes in his 2nd year than Daicos didnt he?

Imagine bad teams not getting Brownlow votes and imagine being in a team with GAJ who umpires loved to vote for....

Newcombe got more votes in his 2nd year than Daicos didnt he?
But O'Meara got 1 solitary Brownlow vote, in a season you are claiming was better than Nick Daicos' 2nd season, where he polled 28 votes in 18 matches.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the Newcombe reference.

Daic
Well, he's got time on his side and more likely to than, say, let's just pull a random one out of the hat here... say a D. Martin.
Dusty wasn't able to dominate injured like Ablett Snr or Carey. His best was good enough but you've got to do it for ages to be the GOAT, quality and quantity.

Daics does go into packs and wins hard balls but gs doesn't have to d build for it.

He's already been roughed up systematically by Stdney abd Hawthorn, a few others had a dip.

He's already missed 5 or 6 from getting kneed. This will probably happen more. His assets are speed carrying the ball, speed disposing of it, and speed thinking. Only an idiot would think Daics is a soft outside player. But he's not a wrecking ball.

The last 2 qualities (fast hands and fast brain) have served Pendles well and Daics can build a long career like him.

Not sure he has the rhino hide needed to be the greatest.

I think you'll find this thread's about Nick Daicos, not Scott Pendlebury.

Only if you're simplistically binary about awards, and can't recognise the fact Naicos was on his way to winning every individual award that was on offer before he missed the last 4 home and away matches to fall just short...
They were meaningless games anyway, so if he had have played he might've taken it easy.

Lol you introduced Scott Pendlebury to the discussion, we both know that is what you were referring to.

I was just following the discussion on this thread by introducing the fact Cotchin had skippered 3 flags.
Huh?

Scott Pendlebury wasn't even mentioned in this thread until you brought his name up.

I suspect you're obsessed. All these names running around in your head who are far superior to the bloke you've been nominating as the GOAT for the past 3 years.

I think it's taken a toll on you...

Huh?

Scott Pendlebury wasn't even mentioned in this thread until you brought his name up.

I suspect you're obsessed. All these names running around in your head who are far superior to the bloke you've been nominating as the GOAT for the past 3 years.

I think it's taken a toll on you...

What exactly did you mean by this comment quoted below then?

Oh. So leadership is important now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But O'Meara got 1 solitary Brownlow vote, in a season you are claiming was better than Nick Daicos' 2nd season, where he polled 28 votes in 18 matches.

I don't even know what you're talking about with the Newcombe reference.
Hairy must still be pissed. 1 Brownlow vote lol

Yep, obsessed.

But I do understand why you'd get confused and think Pendlebury is spelt 'leadership'.

You are back-tracking at a rate of knots.

For those not fully in the picture this discussion has progressed along these lines:

- on a thread about Dustin Martin Fadge says Pendlebury is better than Dusty due to "leadership"

- On that thread I responded the leadership of these two players is not something we so easily divine from outside the clubs, but in any event Pendlebury is the 3rd most successful of Collingwood's last 3 Captains, and has captained zero Premierships. Fadge was deeply hurt by these simple truths.

- On this thread in answer to comparisons between Daicos/Gulden v Cotchin I said they might want to skipper a few flags before they have bragging rights over Trent.

- Fadge then tries to make out I have changed my tune on leadership with his idiotic comment, which clearly refers back to the Pendlebury v Dusty discussion.

- When challenged, Fadge backtracks, then tries to make out I am off topic/obsessed whatever other trope to get attention away from the fact he opened up a can of snakes that are biting his idiotic Pendlebury > Dusty due to "leadership" stance to death.

Classic Fadge. Always a pleasure running rings around this clown. :)

For those not fully in the picture this discussion has progressed along these lines:

- on a thread about Dustin Martin Fadge says Pendlebury is better than Dusty due to "leadership"

- On that thread I responded the leadership of these two players is not something we so easily divine from outside the clubs, but in any event Pendlebury is the 3rd most successful of Collingwood's last 3 Captains, and has captained zero Premierships. Fadge was deeply hurt by these simple truths.

- On this thread in answer to comparisons between Daicos/Gulden v Cotchin I said they might want to skipper a few flags before they have bragging rights over Trent.

- Fadge then tries to make out I have changed my tune on leadership with his idiotic comment, which clearly refers back to the Pendlebury v Dusty discussion.

- When challenged, Fadge backtracks, then tries to make out I am off topic/obsessed whatever other trope to get attention away from the fact he opened up a can of snakes that are biting his idiotic Pendlebury > Dusty due to "leadership" stance to death.

Yep, obsessed.

And for the record, Pendlebury is higher on my GOAT rankings than Martin because Pendlebury has:
2 of the best 3 seasons of the two players;
3 of the best 5 seasons;
7 of the best 12 seasons;
12 of the best 20 seasons;
15 of the best 25 seasons.

The difference in leadership credentials just makes that gap larger.

But back on topic, looking forward to your ongoing thoughts re: Nick Daicos over the next dozen seasons, in his quest to become the actual GOAT.

Last edited:
Yep, obsessed.

Looking forward to your ongoing thoughts re: Nick Daicos over the next dozen seasons, in his quest to become the real GOAT.

Lovely to see you back-pedalling to trying to protect yourself behind the word "obsessed" due to making an idiot of yourself Fadge.

On Daicos, when he starts sleeping with the light off, stops dropping at the knees, starts winning his own ball legitimately, stops nicking the kick-ins, and gets some actual runs on the board, then we can start comparing him to the greats of the game, before then it is mere speculation.:tearsofjoy:

Lovely to see you back-pedalling to trying to protect yourself behind the word "obsessed" due to making an idiot of yourself Fadge.

On Daicos, when he starts sleeping with the light off, stops dropping at the knees, starts winning his own ball legitimately, stops nicking the kick-ins, and gets some actual runs on the board, then we can start comparing him to the greats of the game, before then it is mere speculation.:tearsofjoy:
Oh, whoever would have guessed.

A 20 year old non-Richmond player who is being praised by the BigFooty community, cops a cheap drive by from the Mediocre one...

Oh, whoever would have guessed.

A 20 year old non-Richmond player who is being praised by the BigFooty community, cops a cheap drive by from the Mediocre one...

So let me get this straight. The poster who famously posted over 1000 posts on a dustin Martin thread trying every possible way he could to discredit the subject of the thread....is crying because I made a couple of posts on his incredibly pre-emptory Nick Daicos GOAT thread pointing out he has a long way to go.

So far, according to Copeland Trophy voting, Nick Daicos is not even in the top 2 footballers in his family. And Fadge is introducing him to GOAT discussions. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Ngl though, Pendlebury has great leadership skills. He knew to stand down as captain and let Moore take over cause he was no good. And then look what happens, they win a flag. It’s an effective but different style to Martins leadership, he just wins games off his own boot

So let me get this straight. The poster who famously posted over 1000 posts on a dustin Martin thread trying every possible way he could to discredit the subject of the thread....is crying because I made a couple of posts on his incredibly pre-emptory Nick Daicos GOAT thread pointing out he has a long way to go.

So far, according to Copeland Trophy voting, Nick Daicos is not even in the top 2 footballers in his family. And Fadge is introducing him to GOAT discussions. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
And in your 'couple of posts' in this thread, you've made more degrading and derogatory comments about Nick Daicos than were made in total, by all posters, in the Dustin Martin thread.

But keep going.. I'm sure it makes you feel good about yourself...

Back