Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 139 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 337 70.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think both players will be modern day stars of the game

IMHO, to reach another level, i think Nick needs to work harder defensively, but many players across the league have others that cover for them with defensive transition

I also think he is at his best bringing players into the game more

As for Sheezel, even though he seems laconic, he doesn't seem to have the natural drive and intent to gut run from contest to contest as yet, I'd say that's a main area of focus
Fair assessment. So would it be fair to infer from the above and past discussions that you’re expecting them to reach a similar level in their respective careers?

No need for ‘if player x improves y then perhaps z’- just gut feel projection based on evidence at hand.

Perhaps you’re thinking Sheezel will be the better player long-term given he’s seemingly tracking better at the same age?

Last edited:
Best young player I have seen at Collingwood was John Greening, given a full career I think he would have been our best ever. Nick is at his level at least as a young player
Best young player I have seen at Collingwood is his father. Got cruelled by injuries and never really saw him at his best. Watched Greening play as well but too young to really appreciate him. At that age all I ever thought about was McKenna.

Fair assessment. So would it be fair to infer from the above and past discussions that you’re expecting them to reach a similar level in their respective careers?

No need for ‘if player x improves y then perhaps z’- just gut feel projection based on evidence at hand.

Perhaps you’re thinking Sheezel will be the better player long-term given he’s seemingly tracking better at the same age?
Always good to wait at least 4 years into a career, but yes

Rubbish, never been a better time to play footy. Absolute Hollywood playing todays game.
Exactly, all is well and nothing to worry about for the soft players of today.

Especially when you are parked up on the couch, with a beer and a hotdog.

Chances are you are a star on a video game, though I seriously doubt, you have ever played a competitive game of football.

Exactly, all is well and nothing to worry about for the soft players of today.

Especially when you are parked up on the couch, with a beer and a hotdog.

Chances are you are a star on a video game, though I seriously doubt, you have ever played a competitive game of football.

No one said they were soft you donkey, just said there has never been a better time to play this sport. In a few short years it will almost be non contact.

Yes to what? Just for clarity, you’re projecting Sheezel goes on to have the better career?

Both will have great careers, as for who will be better, no one would know, hence better to wait until both have had at least 4 years in the system to get a better indication

He has shown some things lately that are true great qualities, game winning traits that remind me of Ablett jnr , proper game turning moments when needed.
There’s a hysteria that follows Nick through the media, as media outlets clamour for the “Magpie Army’s” attention.

Robbo on 360 made out the Daicos baulk running towards goal ( vs GC) was something we hadn’t seen in the game.

He nearly had to change his pants!

Runs toward goal out of centre, give & get , baulk & goal from directly in front - nice play but we see it a couple of times a week.

The dichotomy of opinion surrounding Nick is a pushback from the average punter against the media & Collingwood Super-fan led rubbish that Nick is in the realm of GOAT.

He’s a good player who does nice things and collects lots of posessions as his team prioritises him - especially through injuries.

He just isn’t in the same world as the GOAT.

There’s a hysteria that follows Nick through the media, as media outlets clamour for the “Magpie Army’s” attention.

Robbo on 360 made out the Daicos baulk running towards goal ( vs GC) was something we hadn’t seen in the game.

He nearly had to change his pants!

Runs toward goal out of centre, give & get , baulk & goal from directly in front - nice play but we see it a couple of times a week.

The dichotomy of opinion surrounding Nick is a pushback from the average punter against the media & Collingwood Super-fan led rubbish that Nick is in the realm of GOAT.

He’s a good player who does nice things and collects lots of posessions as his team prioritises him - especially through injuries.

He just isn’t in the same world as the GOAT.
So that means there have been 31 other goals like the GOTY contender from Daics last week? Start uploading 😆

So that means there have been 31 other goals like the GOTY contender from Daics last week? Start uploading 😆
I hope he takes into account the centre clearance, the kick to half forward, and the third possession within 5 seconds that resulted in the goal when he shares the other examples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lightning backtrack 😆 🤣
You keep making these assertions, but never have any evidence

I'm sure you will back down from another avatar wager 😉

So unwilling to make a concrete projection. Interesting.
Concrete and projection, interesting

It would be like asking who will be better out of Saints and Port in 10 years

I hope he takes into account the centre clearance, the kick to half forward, and the third possession within 5 seconds that resulted in the goal when he shares the other examples.
And the timing of the goal it was one of a few efforts where he was the reason they were contending to win the game.

Back