Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 354 71.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus mate you've gotta drop this

Daicos 2022 = first season in the system
Sheezel 2023 = first year in the system

Daicos 2023 = second year in the system
Sheezel 2024 - second year in the system

They are equivalents.

You are disregarding an entire year of Daicos wizardry because Sheezel was born 9 months later in his draft year.

Not sure why you are getting so worked up, what part don't you get about " at the same age"

Sheezel as a first year player, eclipsed goaties first year and he played the whole year as an 18 year old, not 19

Sheezel this year, same age as goaties 2022 (same age) is well in front on most metrics

This isn't opinion, it's fact

Not sure why you are getting so worked up, what part don't you get about " at the same age"

Sheezel as a first year player, eclipsed goaties first year and he played the whole year as an 18 year old, not 19

Sheezel this year, same age as goaties 2022 (same age) is well in front on most metrics

You come across like some of those sad Dusty followers, who just handpick pieces of nothingness, just to try and strengthen their unwinnable argument.

You will never admit it (and I get that) but deep down inside you know :thumbsupv1:.
When you go to bed (or wherever you lay your head) you know.

And you just say to yourself "damn Nick is that bloody good, that I am struggling to find some BS thing to bring him down with"

And it gets harder each week but you just keep being you because eventually you will just give up and not just look at the jumper he is wearing.

4% difference. Crazy stuff 🤣🤣

You come across like some of those sad Dusty followers, who just handpick pieces of nothingness, just to try and strengthen their unwinnable argument.

You will never admit it (and I get that) but deep down inside you know :thumbsupv1:.
When you go to bed (or wherever you lay your head) you know.

And you just say to yourself "damn Nick is that bloody good, that I am struggling to find some BS thing to bring him down with"

And it gets harder each week but you just keep being you because eventually you will just give up and not just look at the jumper he is wearing.

You must be cherry picking again, I have stated numerous times that goatie is a great young player, but it seems that unless all neutrals anoint him as the best young player they have seen, Pie supporters just aren't satisfied

I'm not a Tigers supporter pumping up one of my own, unlike you, I'm a neutral and everything I have stated is fact

4% difference. Crazy stuff 🤣🤣

Makes little difference when they are both in their late 20s, but a full season as an 19 year old v full season as 21 year old, I think the assessments are valid

Strange though, when other current older players are mentioned like Bont, many respond with "wait till goatie is that age"

I guess one way traffic is more valid

You must be cherry picking again, I have stated numerous times that goatie is a great young player, but it seems that unless all neutrals anoint him as the best young player they have seen, Pie supporters just aren't satisfied

I'm not a Tigers supporter pumping up one of my own, unlike you, I'm a neutral and everything I have stated is fact
Yes and you have a remarkable way of using certain "facts" to suit your agenda.
Instead of comparing apples with apples (year 1, year 2, year 3, ect)
You choose to compare apples and oranges because one was a few months older when he started.

First year in the system is the first year in the system.
Whether a player was born in a different month mean very little.

Sheez is a very good young player but there is a fair gap between the two, yo uar ejust to blinded to see it.
When it comes to Nick, or anything Collingwood, you are far from a neutral.

If you keep clutching at straws this much, you will soon be taken as seriously as other great posters like Kreuze Missile.

Yes and you have a remarkable way of using certain "facts" to suit your agenda.
Instead of comparing apples with apples (year 1, year 2, year 3, ect)
You choose to compare apples and oranges because one was a few months older when he started.
I am comparing players at the same age, I have never shifted the discussion, so it is apple's for apples

Goatie played his whole first year as a 19 year old, Sheezel 18.

First year in the system is the first year in the system.
Whether a player was born in a different month mean very little.
So Tim Kelly was the best player in the 2017 draft and competition in 2018, despite being older than those 18 year olds?

Sheez is a very good young player but there is a fair gap between the two, yo uar ejust to blinded to see it.
The statistics state otherwise, impact? That's a different discussion

When it comes to Nick, or anything Collingwood, you are far from a neutral.
Pie supporters start trolling, I'll play, but I think Goatie is a great young talent and there would be other pie players id be happy to have in our side

Neutral enough for you?

If you keep clutching at straws this much, you will soon be taken as seriously as other great posters like Kreuze Missile.
I couldn't give a stuff how I'm viewed, more than happy to have a reasonable footy debate with anyone, about any player or club

There are more videos online of him shirking it than marking it.
He has zero contested marks (career) but does it really matter as a 184cm midfielder built like him?

Still kicks goals, still gets plenty of it

Personally my opinion is until it costs him in a big moment does it really matter? FWIW I don’t think he puts himself in many contested marking situations and nor should he, it’s not his role.

There are more videos online of him shirking it than marking it.
Agree.

One can only wonder if Soccer would of been his preferred game with his distaste for any form of contact.

Football Soccer GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing about those knocking aspects of the game is that you're actually pointing out things that he'll probably get a fair bit better out, when many already consider him the best player in the game. A bit scary for those looking to knock him that he's still well and truly on the way up.
Do you think Whispers will take that contested mark tonight?

Imagine the celebration if he did!

Can’t wait :)

He has zero contested marks (career) but does it really matter as a 184cm midfielder built like him?

Still kicks goals, still gets plenty of it

Personally my opinion is until it costs him in a big moment does it really matter? FWIW I don’t think he puts himself in many contested marking situations and nor should he, it’s not his role.
It doesn't matter if you're just judging his general output, but it certainly matters if you're trying to make claims he's the best player to ever lace a boot.

Plenty of players his height have been wonderful marks and have taken telling grabs up forward at crucial times.

The three main tenets of our game are kicks, marks, handballs.

To be exceptionally poor at one of the three doesn't help your claim to be any sort of GOAT, which is the title of the thread.

Do you think Whispers will take that contested mark tonight?

Imagine the celebration if he did!

Can’t wait :)
Are we even allowed to call him that??

I cant keep up with it all regarding what we are allowed to call him. I know the I is banned on his name. 🤣🤪

Pies supporters are mighty precious of their body contact avoiding little Nick.

It doesn't matter if you're just judging his general output, but it certainly matters if you're trying to make claims he's the best player to ever lace a boot.

Plenty of players his height have been wonderful marks and have taken telling grabs up forward at crucial times.

The three main tenets of our game are kicks, marks, handballs.

To be exceptionally poor at one of the three doesn't help your claim to be any sort of GOAT, which is the title of the thread.
I personally don’t think he’ll be the GOAT but he is easily a T3 player in the competition two years running now, he’s seriously impressive

He takes plenty of uncontested marks, which better serves his natural abilities anyway

Are we even allowed to call him that??

I cant keep up with it all regarding what we are allowed to call him. I know the I is banned on his name. 🤣🤪

Pies supporters are mighty precious of their body contact avoiding little Nick.
He calls himself whispers apparently.

Fair game from what I can see :)

Back