Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 143 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 356 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m beginning to see why Pies fans get so salty in here, the pile on after a bad game is absurd

He’s going to podium in the Brownlow and AFLCA in his third year, after doing so (or going close, can’t recall) in his second too

Media can make you dislike a player very quickly this is a stupid thread from page 1 but Naicos is a solid A grader.

Do kicks off the ground in congestion count as a contested possession? He tried about half a dozen of those tonight. Was so scared of contact at one point he preferred to give away a blatant out of bounds walking over the boundary line before he got tackled
Yep, it sure does. Inflates that stat so much its ridiculous.

I don't believe this is the case. Champion Data labels it a "Ground Kick" and it's a disposal, but it's not a contested posession.

I don't believe this is the case. Champion Data labels it a "Ground Kick" and it's a disposal, but it's not a contested posession.
Correct.

They are two seperate acts.

Possess the ball is winning the ball.
Disposal is a either a kick or a handball.

You can get a disposal without a possession, and you can win a possession but then be tackled and not dispose of the ball.

Yeah I do, I think the sport was much more amateurish during Leigh’s early career, and only towards the end did it become a fully fledged professional career.

I also just believe that Ablett Senior was a much better player.

This is just my opinion though
I’d say the difference between Ablett’s era and now is way bigger then Matthew’s and Ablett’s. You are talking about players who played together compared to someone who retired almost 30 years ago.

I’m beginning to see why Pies fans get so salty in here, the pile on after a bad game is absurd

He’s going to podium in the Brownlow and AFLCA in his third year, after doing so (or going close, can’t recall) in his second too

It is what happens when a thread created by a Collingwood fan asks on the main board if a Collingwood player can be the greatest of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just shows how good the kid is when he was still one of our best players in a disappointing loss, and it took three players to rotate through him to quell his influence.

So a 21 year old who was one of him team's best players, and it's a 'down game' where he cops the criticism that he has tonight....

And yes - 3rd in both the Brownlow and AFLCA Coaches Award despite missing the final 3 games, and 2nd in the AFLPA MVP.

It is what happens when a thread created by a Collingwood fan asks on the main board if a Collingwood player can be the greatest of all time.
I just got in a little earlier than a number of others, who have already started to ask the same question in his 3rd year.

There's no point trying to deny it, it's happening in front of your very eyes...

My favourite part was when the GOAT got strong armed by Xavier Duursma 🤭

Back