Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow... all those posters advertising they have no sympathy for Nick and indictating that he deserved to be in hospital with internal bleeding via karma are absolutely pathetic trolls... It's a filthy way to look at life.

You don't see Nick whinging... you don't see Collingwood supporters whinging why Nick is in hospital... you don't see Collingwood supporters whinging about what put Nick in Hospital...

But we do see a few supporters whinging about Nick laying a bump or two in YEARS GONE PAST. Wow your clubs must have never injured other players from other clubs ey? Glass houses...

Grow up girls... take a leaf out of Nick Maxwells book - and harden the F*** up.

So the snipper got shot. Good!

I'm sure most non Collingwood football supporters would
have chuckled when they saw that one.

It's called Karma.

Zero sympathy for Nick. He's owed quite a few more.

So when Graeme Polak got hit by a tram did you cheer because he cheated a tram fare when he was at school?

I didn't...

Maxwell is the biggest snipper in the game. He loves nothing better than linning opponents up and collecting them (fairly) when they're off balance and don't see it coming.

So the snipper got shot. Good!

I'm sure most non Collingwood football supporters would
have chuckled when they saw that one.

It's called Karma.

Zero sympathy for Nick. He's owed quite a few more.
JKing_Rd1809_246a.jpg

I think you meant this "snipper"

So it seems that under the new "clarification" of the rule Maxwell might have had a short holiday but in the context of the rules as they sat at that point clearly the appeal showed that Maxwell's bump was not illegal even if it was a bit crude.

It wasn't "a bit crude". It was a filthy, cowardly snipe.

For all the cracked ribs & concussions he's handed out he simply got a taste of his own medicine.

For a supposed 'tough nut' you're treating him like a princess. He's sitting up in bed for a photo FFS. Hardly intensive care.

I don't hear him complaining? I'm sure he'd be first to say that its just part of the game. Richmond would love someone who plays as hard as maxwell.

When he did that bump on McGinnity, that kind of bump was within the rules, and happened regularly in the game - Byron Pickett was a master of it. It was from that bump that the AFL reviewed the rule & decided that the players were responsible for any accidental contact that happened from the bump. You can't look back on it now and say it was wrong based on todays rules. It was unfortunate that the head clash caused the broken jaw. But to say he deserves to be hospitalised is poor.

I don't want to see any players (for opposition teams too) injured pre-season. I wanna see every team start at 100%, and then see who comes out on top.

For all the cracked ribs & concussions he's handed out he simply got a taste of his own medicine.

For a supposed 'tough nut' you're treating him like a princess. He's sitting up in bed for a photo FFS. Hardly intensive care.

Dont confuse hardness with sniping mate, it's a hard game, shit happens, if you think maxwell goes around deliberatly trying to hurt people you're an idiot.

I don't get it... by all accounts, Nick Maxwell is one of the nicest guys going around. I remember last year David Schwartz saying on SEN that he had been working with him a bit on Channel 7, and his words were, "A better bloke in football you won't find". And a family friend who knows him really well (went to his wedding), says that he is one of the most stand up, respectable guys he's ever met.

Yes, he's handed out some fair bumps in his time, but all have been deemed legal (I don't think he's been suspended, I may be wrong). It's not like he goes around hitting people behind play, or eye gouging them like another club captain.

But the fact that there are some people that think that he deserves what could have been potentially life-threatening injuries just goes to show how low their moral compasses are.

I wonder if they have children, and if they show them the bump and say, "Look son, this is fantastic, because Maxwell handed out a hard bump a couple of years ago which hurt someone, so he deserves to have bleeding from his kidney and liver."

Come on people... get a grip on your hatred of Collingwood and get off the bottom of the moral ladder.

Karma calls make me laugh. Hardly Maxwell's fault that McGinnity has a glass jaw.

Was a good hit from Embley. Pity we don't see more like it these days.

Do people feel the same way about Josh Kennedy who took out Sylvia behind play last pre-season? Broke his jaw and didn't even have to front the tribunal.

Maxwell has commented that he saw the replay of Embley's bump and thought it was a ripper, just part of the game, just unfortunate and not much fun getting injured. That's all.

I must have missed the bit where Maxwell asked for sympathy or Collingwood complained about a bump to their captain.

Maxwell got bumped and got hurt. I am quite sure he sees it as part of the game. I am also quite sure he's tough enough to play earlier than expected and bring his valuable leadership back to the side.

shame to lose your captain in a nab cup game, but hes a tough bugger. Im surprised theres people happy to see it happen, i think hes one of the more respected blokes out there, has done a good job making himself a key player, despite not being the most talented.

Hope he makes a quick recovery, dont want to see any player stuck in hospital surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'ma huge Maxwell fan. Exactly the sort of player EVERY team should have. Superb reader of the play and at the peak of his powers. Hope he's back without sequelae.

Maxwell seems like a good bloke, doesn't seem like the type that'd go out and intentionally hurt someone. I'm sure he wouldn't wish the broken jaw on that Eagles player.

The fact that he often plays loose man in defence means that he often has the opptunity to clean up opposition players, so I don't think it's about sniping, it's more about the role that he plays.

This time around it was him that got cleaned, it's a man's game, and sometimes you end up copping an injury.

There is a bit of irony in it happening against the Eagles in a NAB match though. Wonder if it went through Embly's mind as he was laying the bump? (not saying he intentionally set out to hurt him)

I doubt Embley even remembered the McGinnity incident. He saw an opportunity to lay a fair bump and he took it. It was a ripper, it hurt the opposition Captain and good on him, everyone moves on.

No issue here, a good bump is a good bump.

I must have missed the bit where Maxwell asked for sympathy or Collingwood complained about a bump to their captain.

Maxwell got bumped and got hurt. I am quite sure he sees it as part of the game. I am also quite sure he's tough enough to play earlier than expected and bring his valuable leadership back to the side.

Yes Maxwell is soooo tough, he'll do that.

;)

Could it just be that with the injury, flying would be out of the question? You see that a bit with some injuries meaning players spend extra time interstate because the nature of the injury means the change in pressure caused by flying could be harmful?

If that was the case, I'd wait around too. Stuff driving from Perth to Melbourne.

Could it just be that with the injury, flying would be out of the question? You see that a bit with some injuries meaning players spend extra time interstate because the nature of the injury means the change in pressure caused by flying could be harmful?

If that was the case, I'd wait around too. Stuff driving from Perth to Melbourne.
Yeah exactly. There'd also be no need for any rush to get back to Melbourne anyway. He's obviously not needing to train and stuff etc.

When Milne suffered a fractured cheekbone vs Freo a couple of years back. He had to take a car to Adelaide and then a train. Everyone felt extremely sorry for the poor club doctor that had to drive him as Milne never shuts up.

I think its the fact that his kidneys are bleeding means any sort of moving around, car or plane etc is harmful. Which is why he'll be in hospital for a week at least.

When Milne suffered a fractured cheekbone vs Freo a couple of years back. He had to take a car to Adelaide and then a train. Everyone felt extremely sorry for the poor club doctor that had to drive him as Milne never shuts up.

I'd have just kicked him out somewhere on the Nullabor. Or at least put him in the boot.

Shame to lose your captain in a NAB Cup game, but he's a tough bugger. I'm surprised there's people happy to see it happen. I think hes one of the more respected blokes out there. Has done a good job making himself a key player, despite not being the most talented.

Hope he makes a quick recovery. Don't want to see any player stuck in hospital, surely.

^^ What he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back