Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you're behind times in the West but rules have changed since then.
Looks like your only half-decent youngster will spend some time on the sidelines.
He's already been offered a reprimand, don't think we will challenge it, although we should.

Man the main board has become troll infested lately.

Embley's bump on Maxwell was excellent, and unfortunately resulted in an injury.
Maxwell's bump on McGinnity a few years back was also excellent, but also resulted in an injury.

I always think, if you wouldn't want your own teams player suspended for a hit, you shouldn't complain when it happens against you. It's a contact sport, get over it.

Ripper bloke and brilliant captain is Maxwell, and probably 50% of the reason Collingwood are in the position they are now, with hes attitude, professionalism and dedication.
At the end of the day football is just a game and i understand we are all passionate about our teams, but to wish harm and injury to any player is damn right disgusting.
All you fools out there suggesting karma etc, he has a family just like the next bloke. What would you all do/say if a member of your family was injured and people ridiculed them. That would be karma.
I hope he is back on the field soon.

He's already been offered a reprimand, don't think we will challenge it, although we should.

Man the main board has become troll infested lately.

Embley's bump on Maxwell was excellent, and unfortunately resulted in an injury.
Maxwell's bump on McGinnity a few years back was also excellent, but also resulted in an injury.

I always think, if you wouldn't want your own teams player suspended for a hit, you shouldn't complain when it happens against you. It's a contact sport, get over it.

Did you hear me complain?
And your fellow supporters didn't raise the biggest outcry in the history of the game about Maxwell getting off lightly?

Why didn't you label all the pathetic nuff nuffs who are mentioning karma as trolls?
hypocrite.

Did you hear me complain?
And your fellow supporters didn't raise the biggest outcry in the history of the game about Maxwell getting off lightly?

Surprised you haven't labeled all the pathetic nuff nuffs who are mentioning karma as trolls, hypocrite.
The only part of my post that was directed at you was the opening line. Perhaps that wasn't clear, my apologies. :thumbsu:

Maxy will be back tougher than ever.

[youtube]CS3D16ZurCM[/youtube]

The shove into the ground after the free has been paid wasn't tough at all, it was a cheap shot against Rooke & he wasn't in any position to do anything about, being pinned on the ground after the tackle & all that. It's those sort of actions that get Maxwell the reputation that he has with opposition supporters which is a pity as he's a player who at times shows a great deal of courage.

The only part of my post that was directed at you was the opening line. Perhaps that wasn't clear, my apologies. :thumbsu:

Yeah fair enough, my bad.
FWIW I'm yet to see the Hunter incident but there was definitely nothing dirty about Embley's bump.

Except that Embley took out Maxwell after the ball had been offloaded. Strictest interpretation: Against the rules. Maxwell's shepherd on McGinnity was within 5 metres of the ball and deemed under the rules as they stood to be within the rules. Flog is a flog! :rolleyes:

Nice bluff, but we all know that Maxwell hit was pathetic and the reason the rules were changed. To stop "hard men" of the game sniping ball players.

Maxwell got what he deserves. Face facts pies supporters.

In typical Collingwood style you guys try to turn it into something other than what the thread is about. NO it's not about everyone's hatred for Collingwood ('cos I dont dislike Collingwood with a passion like most) or jealousy over the premiership. You deserved it! Its about Maxwell taking what he dished out.

/close thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice bluff, but we all know that Maxwell hit was pathetic and the reason the rules were changed. To stop "hard men" of the game sniping ball players.

Maxwell got what he deserves.
Face facts pies supporters.

In typical Collingwood style you guys try to turn it into something other than what the thread is about. NO it's not about everyone's hatred for Collingwood ('cos I dont dislike Collingwood with a passion like most) or jealousy over the premiership. You deserved it! Its about Maxwell taking what he dished out.

/close thread

party.gif

Maxwell copped a big bump; he's dished 'em out. That's the game, and he plays it hard, so he's bound to cop his share. And I'm sure he accepts that.

As for Karma, you bunch are getting all soft and new age.

According to who?

Everyone celebrating a man who is in hospital with internal bleeding!

Mate know one is celebrating that.

Everyone is stating that he has dished plenty out, time to take some back.

Man you guys are touchy.... lighten up ffs you just won the premiership!!

Mate know one is celebrating that.

Everyone is stating that he has dished plenty out, time to take some back.

Man you guys are touchy.... lighten up ffs you just won the premiership!!

Saying that is one thing... saying he "deserves it" is another...

But I suppose you "no" that!

Maxwell himself would say that there was nothing wrong with the bump he received....

Love the fact people seem to go on and on about the game getting soft..... But if someone plays hard and lays a few bumps.... they are labled a thug.

Maxwell himself would say that there was nothing wrong with the bump he received....

Love the fact people seem to go on and on about the game getting soft..... But if someone plays hard and lays a few bumps.... they are labled a thug.

Maxwell did say there was nothing wrong with the bump... he called it a fair bump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back