Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxwell is the biggest snipper in the game. He loves nothing better than linning opponents up and collecting them (fairly) when they're off balance and don't see it coming.

So the snipper got shot. Good!

I'm sure most non Collingwood football supporters would
have chuckled when they saw that one.

It's called Karma.

Zero sympathy for Nick. He's owed quite a few more.

Sniper got shot? he saw 3 WCE players coming straight at him and didnt shirk the contest and got the handball off and took the hit. Gutsy and what you would expect from the bloke :thumbsu:

Maxwell does often take a player out to protect the ball however for the most part it's very fair and with good intentions. This is an impact game and sometimes it's going to go wrong.

Some of you people who are saying Karma and believe he deserves to be sidelined from his Premiership team for 4-5 weeks need your heads checked.

For just a minute people.... love the game. :rolleyes:

Oh no, he looks so bad.:p

maxy1.jpg

No secrets here, he has some internal bleeding, as reported, and as reported, may be out for a month.

Where's the "missing" information?:confused:

By the way, the other guy there is Tom Hunter, and the West Coast player who hit him in the neck is in trouble.[/quote]

Hunters collision with Shuey looked like shoulder on shoulder not neck. If you take a quick look down at your own shoulder you will see the shoulder is attached to the collar bone which is attached to the neck. So if you get a hard knock on the tip of your shoulder you can hurt your neck.:p;)

Was that Hunter or you being taken away in the waaaaambulance?:D

Toughen up.

Yep, they left plenty out of this article.:p

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/108873/default.aspx

I still don't get where the conspiracy theory is coming from, :confused: he is injured, he has internal bleeding around the kidneys, and is out for up to a month.

No one is hiding anything, or has even tried to hide anything.:)

are you sure about that, cause i heard an interview on sunday from a person from collingwood saying that he was just winded and he was taken off as it was the NAB cup.

Karma in its greatest form. Regardless what's happened in between, its still called Karma.

The guy sidelines a West Coast player 2 years ago in a meaningless practice match, now he has been sidelined by a West Coast player in a meaningless practice match.

At least Maxwell was taken out fairly, unlike the way he chose to take out McGinnity.

Karma in its greatest form. Regardless what's happened in between, its still called Karma.

The guy sidelines a West Coast player 2 years ago in a meaningless practice match, now he has been sidelined by a West Coast player in a meaningless practice match.

At least Maxwell was taken out fairly, unlike the way he chose to take out McGinnity.

True that, it's a tragedy that Embley still plays football for us though he is a ****ing turnover machine.

Seriously you Pies fans crack me up.

I guess winning a Premiership makes you forget past actions, deem yourselfs right on everything a suddenly morale crusaders of the AFL (without teeth)

Except that Embley took out Maxwell after the ball had been offloaded. Strictest interpretation: Against the rules. Maxwell's shepherd on McGinnity was within 5 metres of the ball and deemed under the rules as they stood to be within the rules. Flog is a flog! :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously you Pies fans crack me up.

I guess winning a Premiership makes you forget past actions, deem yourselfs right on everything a suddenly morale crusaders of the AFL (without teeth)

Why ? I and many other Pies fans think the bump was fair.

Maxy posted on Twitter saying he saw the bump and thought it was a ripper.

Mentioned that it's good to see the bump back, but just "(just no fun on the receiving end-haha)That's footy"

Seems ok about the whole thing to me.

Maxy posted on Twitter saying he saw the bump and thought it was a ripper.

Mentioned that it's good to see the bump back, but just "(just no fun on the receiving end-haha)That's footy"

Seems ok about the whole thing to me.

I think everyones alright with it...

apart from a few pathetic trolls celebrating the injury :rolleyes:

(I don't remember any Collingwood posters celebrating injuries Maxwell may have inflicted??? But thats obviously not in our culture at Collingwood!)

What's with all the photos of Maxwell holding the premiership trophy?

He was the premiership winning captain last year, I think most people know that.

I think we can safely add 'karma' to the list of concepts not understood by Pie fans, along with irony.
The irony being that this was posted by an eagles supporter! :rolleyes:

ROFL at all those trying to find something to have dig at Maxwell over.
Took the bump and got injured. Takes it in his stride with not so much as a whinge or a whine from player or club, in fact the opposite.

Karma....pfffff.

West Coasters who think there is any karma in it should look to their clubs last 7-8 years and ask what karma is coming their way if they believe in such things...

Most are fine with the act and the aftermath. There will always be the lowest common denominators - those low life morons who believe injury to a player is karma for some previous act.

Shuey will be fine. It's not like he broke his jaw or anything..
I know you're behind times in the West but rules have changed since then.
Looks like your only half-decent youngster will spend some time on the sidelines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back