Nick Stevens Could be out for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

... didn't know about the issue until i got a message from Stevo's mate

... was then informed

... posted what I heard

Are you able to disclose what Nicks friend has said?
I'd just be curious id he has told a close friend one thing, and the media another (if this is case)

Are you able to disclose what Nicks friend has said?
I'd just be curious id he has told a close friend one thing, and the media another (if this is case)

simply his words were i may have to retire should they find something. Clearly eluding towards potential spinal damage as that would be the only forcible reason to retire when mixing neck pain and early retirement.

simply his words were i may have to retire should they find something. Clearly eluding towards potential spinal damage as that would be the only forcible reason to retire when mixing neck pain and early retirement.

Thanks for that.
He certainly needs to be very careful should the scans reveal anything.

At a press conference this morning at PP, Denis Pagan admitted that he is worried about Nick Steven's neck injury and said that he didn't train today because he is attending another appointment and hopes to receive the results of his scans today.

At a press conference this morning at PP, Denis Pagan admitted that he is worried about Nick Steven's neck injury and said that he didn't train today because he is attending another appointment and hopes to receive the results of his scans today.

Okay, I'm starting to get worried

While I know quite a lot about neck injuries, I haven't posted to date because.....quite Frankly........it could be anything at all. Just because its recurrent doesn't necessarily mean its serious, on the other hand he may well retire today.

instead of everyone speculating and (once again) turning to personal abuse because you don't agree lets just wait and see what is actualy said about the injury - if i can add to that information I will.:thumbsu:

i was at training today, and saw stevo in one of the boxes speakin to a few people including Sticks. Did not train, and one person who attends trainin pretty much everytime said they knew wats happened to stevo but couldn't say wat it was. All she said was she wasnt happy!! So it could be serious

one person who attends trainin pretty much everytime said they knew wats happened to stevo but couldn't say wat it was. All she said was she wasnt happy!! So it could be serious

Have heard many different things from many people so until the club releases something official I will hold out hope that he'll be playing this week.

My hope is shirinking though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a neck injury, saw the neurosurgeon today

Full details will be revealed tonight

This was from the clash against Richmond two weeks ago

Just saw it on the news !!!!!

i saw Nick on yesterday 0r monday and he said he'll be playing this Weekend. :) Then why did he play against Essendon ? he's tough he'll play out the season :D

how many others play with injuries. eg Fev when he had a groin Injury. And Essendons James Hird when he had a broken Eye socket few seasons ago
maby rest Stevens for a week or 2 can't afford him out for the season depending where we are up to rd 19 if

play him one week rest him next so on and on

i saw Nick on yesterday 0r monday and he said he'll be playing this Weekend. :) Then why did he play against Essendon ? he's tough he'll play out the season :D

how many others play with injuries. eg Fev when he had a groin Injury. And Essendons James Hird when he had a broken Eye socket few seasons ago
maby rest Stevens for a week or 2 can't afford him out for the season depending where we are up to rd 19 if

play him one week rest him next so on and on

That is a disgraceful comment-very selfish as a supporter.

Seems as though Nick has a very serious neck injury. Saying that he should play despite this is just ridiculous.

Neck injuries should not be ****ed with and should be treated with the utmost caution. If he has a bad neck injury, then he should not play.

Footy is insignificant when it comes down to it, in comparison to neck injuries and other serious injuries.

Some people need to think before they post. :thumbsdown:

Feel very sorry for Nick. Hopefully its not to serious.

What are people's thoughts on how this will effect Murphy's development? We saw what happened to him when he had a close tag in round 1. Will he be able to perform consistently well whilist getting that sort of attention every week until Stevens is in the clear?

Following further consultation today, medical staff have ruled Nick Stevens out of Sunday’s round 4 match against West Coast due to a neck injury. Nick had precautionary scans on his neck on Monday afternoon after feeling some discomfort following Saturday’s win against Essendon.

As a result of these consultations it has been decided that he will not play on Sunday.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=4311&newsId=41437

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Stevens Could be out for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back