NICKS OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Any ruthlessness we once had was long dead well before COVID

Our ruthless was dying when Roo retired, case and point when we retired Hart, but died completely after Craig left. I think the players leaving sucked the fight out of us and we started to worry more about keeping everyone than actually making decisions that improve. Now we just sit idle and tread water. This off season is really an outlier and it wouldnt surprise me if we have to sit down and rest for the next 5 years because of the hard slog this one was.

Our ruthless was dying when Roo retired, case and point when we retired Hart, but died completely after Craig left. I think the players leaving sucked the fight out of us and we started to worry more about keeping everyone than actually making decisions that improve. Now we just sit idle and tread water. This off season is really an outlier and it wouldnt surprise me if we have to sit down and rest for the next 5 years because of the hard slog this one was.
We had no ruthlessness when Craig was here.

If we did, Roo would've never played that 07 Elim final

Any coach would pick a club legend. The trust would be there to select them. Any coach would have selected Roo that game.
Maybe, bur the bloke didn't train for a month prior to that game.

Longmire didn't pick his club captain for a GF, didn't work for them but it was the right decision.

Roo doesn't play that day we probably win even with Kris Massie playing on Buddy.

Maybe, bur the bloke didn't train for a month prior to that game.

Longmire didn't pick his club captain for a GF, didn't work for them but it was the right decision.

Roo doesn't play that day we probably win even with Kris Massie playing on Buddy.

Our window was closing anyway and we were up against the eventual premiers. Its hard to really mount a case to suggest we would have won in those circumstances.

Critics might not be able to see what happens inside the club, but they can see the ladder. Another Nicks speech where he says a lot, but doesn’t actually say anything.

Everything Nicks says can be interpreted in only one way

'Its not my fault, its everyone elses' Which is mighty arrogant of someone whose never proven themselves.

Fine to have a crack at critics, but if you're going to do it.... you'd better come to the table with something better than that. I get it's what you do at a club dinner, and he's certainly not the first bloke to do it but that was not a good watch.

He's a man under pressure and he knows it.
Bit rich to have a go at critics when you’ve finished 15th and our recent record. Perhaps take some responsibility might have been a better attitude.

Bit rich to have a go at critics when you’ve finished 15th and our recent record. Perhaps take some responsibility might have been a better attitude.

Could have easily said that he is reflecting on his own mistakes and looking to improve all the time. Self admissions go along way to building respect.

You could even spin it by saying, "not many 15th placed sides win as many games as we did, or were in as many others.... but we as a club made mistakes and we need to own it, once we do we'll be better for it"

It's not that hard

You could even spin it by saying, "not many 15th placed sides win as many games as we did, or were in as many others.... but we as a club made mistakes and we need to own it, once we do we'll be better for it"

It's not that hard

Exactly. Basically every time we lose its the players fault. Never heard him own anything. The club owns nothing. They just stick to the same narrative of a rookie coach coaching inexperienced teenagers.

Two winners of the club champion award and neither of them specifically called Nicks out for any praise in their acceptance speech.
We don't have a coach players want to play for.. its written all over the club.

Two winners of the club champion award and neither of them specifically called Nicks out for any praise in their acceptance speech.
We don't have a coach players want to play for.. its written all over the club.
Pretty telling really.

Conversely with Port, you hear players talk of their love for Ken constantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

NICKS OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back