Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you reckon Appleby has been named as an emergency just in case that pontificating about Maynard turns out to be accurate?
Maynards not sore, not injured or in any doubt for god sake.

The amount of rubbish this forum dishes up is ridiclous, just because he was having a cuddle with a coach is pushed to "HES INJURED" "HE MIGHT BE GETTING DROPPED"

Applebys named because they need to name emergencies.

Last edited:
In: Reid
Out: Aish
We don’t lose a lot missing Aish but I believe the pluses In having that extra tall in Reid will be great.
I’d hate to not have an extra tall and then regret it when their talls take over and we could have had a player in to help out.

Worth the risk to play him too risky not too.

Just that 1 of there Small Forward might go off with having Aish on them like he did with Daniel Rioli and Reid might only last a few minutes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just that 1 of there Small Forward might go off with having Aish on them like he did with Daniel Rioli and Reid might only last a few minutes
So why do we keep guys are our list who have been declared fit to play for 3 weeks but 'might only last a few minutes'? Not that Reid should have played anyway - he is too slow for Kennedy.

People keep talking about Moore are people that crazy to actually think bringing in an injury prone defender who hasn't played since the Sydney game is a good selection?

I have no faith in Moore and his body he is a liability.

and I feel the Same about Reid

To those complaining about Moore's lack of inclusion: the club are privvy to information that we are not. They have access to the latest scans, medical reports, player's thoughts etc.

The club have over achieved this year, so I'm rather surprised that the armchair experts believe that they know better than the club, without access to the inside info.

Some of the suggested changes have been absurd. Calls to drop important players like Sier, Cox... even Aish is important. People wanting to reshuffle the game plan by sending Checkers to defence or whatever... just no.

So why do we keep guys are our list who have been declared fit to play for 3 weeks but 'might only last a few minutes'? Not that Reid should have played anyway - he is too slow for Kennedy.
The most telling circumstance was the VFL side getting knocked out and having no chance to test his true match fitness.

That being said . . .

Anyone who jogs blithely off with 'hamstring awareness????' and remains out for so long is more than a concern to me.

I started the week thinking we need Reid for insurance but have since been convinced they have 4 pretty handy small forwards. If we play on our terms in the midfield and it goes to their forward line under pressure, it's the smaller backs that will win it for us. Happy with no change.

Pardon the intrusion - just noticed the Knight posters have been revealed, attached yours below.

Best of luck on Saturday, will be hoping you guys can win it for Varcoe!

View attachment 564865
The wings are too prominent for my liking.

Although, if we win, I'll still buy a poster and have it framed. Did the same in 2010.

I prefer WEG's posters.

Do you have any idea which club you are following?
GF’s and “absolute disgrace” are in our genes.
Time to change all that, starting Saturday

..beacuse they have beaten us twice with that approach.

Don't get me wrong we won't be making a change but i don't understand why we can't back up this midfield with a tall defender. People talk about team defence like we can't also have a tall defender for tall forwards. We actually can do both.
And Moore played 100% of one of those games where we lost by 6 goals. Doesn't matter who we put down there, but sacrificing a running player or a midfielder for another tall doesn't play to our strengths but plays to West Coasts.

Would have preferred Moore coming in for Goldsack (assuming he was available for selection) but it is very close imo and both players come with significant risks attached.

Glad we didn't play an extra tall though. Our big edge over WC is running power and we should be looking to exploit it to the max and going in with Moore and Goldsack doesn't do that. I think it's a good gamble for us to plan on the assumption that Vardy/Lycett are not good enough to exploit our lack of height in defence.

And Moore played 100% of one of those games where we lost by 6 goals. Doesn't matter who we put down there, but sacrificing a running player or a midfielder for another tall doesn't play to our strengths but plays to West Coasts.
At this stage it is too late, Moore has no cohesiveness with the playing group.

It is what it is now, cohesiveness and belief in each other is paramount in a GF.

Time to hunker down now and explode out of the gates Saturday afternoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back