Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Would of loved to see Reid,Brown,Daicos,Moore as our emergencies.
Romanticism aside they're our best options, granted there will be no late changes. Basically with Moore not ever truly being up for selection Appleby/madgen come in, apples as cover due to their smalls & Madge as he was filling a role not too long ago.

Daicos should definitely be in there over Blair as he had the stronger form, was in the team more recently and had a decent little patch there. He's had more say on our season, is a better option now and long term. Bit of a pat on the shoulder and a little dangle of the carrot. Blair's been an absolute warrior and definitely deserves more respect for what he's achieved but shouldn't really of got named. I can definitely see why, gf experience and maybe a little retirement/send off gesture.

Normally the gf experience would count for a lot but in this case daicos blood is of higher value. Can't see any coming in anyway but still.

Why, we can play a big backman in Moore or Reid and we’re not we are going with Goldsack who is not a KPD. It’s like Lyon not playing in India and going with Maxwell as number 1 spinner.
Those two guys haven’t played for months. The decision has been made. Get over it and support the 22 who got us here.

To those complaining about Moore's lack of inclusion: the club are privvy to information that we are not. They have access to the latest scans, medical reports, player's thoughts etc.

The club have over achieved this year, so I'm rather surprised that the armchair experts believe that they know better than the club, without access to the inside info.

Some of the suggested changes have been absurd. Calls to drop important players like Sier, Cox... even Aish is important. People wanting to reshuffle the game plan by sending Checkers to defence or whatever... just no.
I agree with much of what you say, but cannot understand why the club have not said anything about Moore's non selection. From where I sit in my armchair, with what the club allows me to know, I now prefer to see him in Sydney colours next year and May in our's. I can't see how thinking the worst about a player's body or mindset, as I feel compelled to do in the circumstances, will be in any way beneficial to Darcy Moore.

Bucks said on TFS tonight that Reid missed out due to Cox and Mihocek being preferred in his role. He said both Darcy himself and the Club as well did not have the confidence his body would get through 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks said on TFS tonight that Reid missed out due to Cox and Mihocek being preferred in his role. He said both Darcy himself and the Club as well did not have the confidence his body would get through 4 quarters.
Then, if so, I commend Darcy.

He's actually putting team before self.
He could easily say, I'm fine, play....
Honest guy, good on him then.

Love all our boys.

Love all our boys.

So does that mean No.30 goes to our second draft pick from now on (seeing he is off to Sydney?)

So does that mean No.30 goes to our second draft pick from now on (seeing he is off to Sydney?)
No.

And not because he's not going to Sydney.
He's staying.

It's enough we have one rotating number, we don't need two of them...

The question is , why? Rioli had numerous torn hamstrings and still managed to perform in on the big stage once they healed.
It’s probably got something to do with them being completely different people.

No.

And not because he's not going to Sydney.
He's staying.

It's enough we have one rotating number, we don't need two of them...
I hope he is not staying. We had a discussion earlier in the year about the number of chronically injured players at our club and the need to cull them. We have a chance to painlessly move Moore on to a club and city in which he would apparently prefer to play and live, and if we get a 1st rd pick for him, we can use that to help secure May. We have several other players on our list whose bodies look like liabilities, but we are obliged to retain them and persevere with them. Hard decisions need to be made when they can be, and the first of these will hopefully be Darcy Moore.

I hope he is not staying. We had a discussion earlier in the year about the number of chronically injured players at our club and the need to cull them. We have a chance to painlessly move Moore on to a club and city in which he would apparently prefer to play and live, and if we get a 1st rd pick for him, we can use that to help secure May. We have several other players on our list whose bodies look like liabilities, but we are obliged to retain them and persevere with them. Hard decisions need to be made when they can be, and the first of these will hopefully be Darcy Moore.
Fair enough.

But maybe the hard decision is to trust he gets right and let him become a terrific player for us.

I'd back that way myself.

You good sir, will back getting (for the cost of Moore) a player getting to 27 or thereabouts, who hasn't exactly been playing full seasons himself ie has had injury concerns.

We'll see how it plays out.

I'm happy getting May, but not for the farm or the prize in Moore.

People lack patience in my view.

Love all our boys.
Watched bit of at Training today and did not look like he was Injured at all.

Guess it's a Mental Thing at the Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back