• Disappointed

Votes: 66 38.8%
  • Royally pissed off

Votes: 83 48.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be interested to see the results of that - polling a couple of hundred people at random as they come in the gate at the gabba on Sunday.

If only we had some clever person to whip up a meaningful quick survey...someone like, oh I don't know, an organisational psychologist...

...and some volunteers to ask the questions...

I would gladly do it if I was there....sorry I can't help:(

Just seen this thread. Assume the news is true? Oh well i guess it saves me a lot of dollars for another year.
Not that I have any reason to lie, but it has also been confirmed by the club (via, ermm, Everton I think).

Why has this thread started an analysis on figures?

The club hasn't said the reason for no change is the figures. The club has said **** all.

If the economy is all doom and gloom as those that excuse the club's non-action on dollars and cents seem to say, then you'd think it'd be pretty important to actually keep your current "customers" at ease with at least some form of communication saying "it's the figures".

I've said it before, but also don't see why the club's purpose of winning footy games is an excuse to accept mediocrity. Members have a genuine issue and have been fobbed off for 3 years, and now staring down the barrell of 4 years. To accept that is simply accepting 2nd best.

I triple like this post.
I was just at an event with Charmo n Blacky et al and I had to restrain myself from bringing this shit up

Well
I'd be interested to see the results of that - polling a couple of hundred people at random as they come in the gate at the gabba on Sunday.

If only we had some clever person to whip up a meaningful quick survey...someone like, oh I don't know, an organisational psychologist...

...and some volunteers to ask the questions...
Well. Not an organisational psychologist... But a graphic designer.
I can print out 1000 x A4 flyers by this Sunday with that 2 option survey.
I just need some backup with the volunteer sitch please. PM me if serious.

CantPullWoolOverEyes-PhotoCreditCheezburgerCom.jpg
I endorse this post as I love bull mastiffs and boxers.

All it really needs is 2 columns, Paddlepop-Premiership jumper.....under each, numbered 1 through to, say, 200 (or whatever) and just mark them off with each answer..also a coloured photo of each jumper just to refresh lagging memories (as if, but you know what I mean)....then simply stop person, smile sweetly, ask which jumper they prefer, show said jumpers, then mark off their choice....will take all of about 20secs..

..and it works on the honesty system!!....no cheating or stacking votes in our favour!!;)

Good luck!!:thumbsu::)

p.s....might sound ridiculously simple way of doing things, but not everything has to be complicated...and it can work..

Just out of interest when did the Melbourne Office/shop merchandise close and all operations move to Brisbane?
Manningham was closed August, 2010.

(Admin was moved to Etihad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, it's probably been said several times before, but despite voting "royally pissed off" I'm not going to let the paddle pop distract me from supporting the boys and the club. We're in a lot better position than we were a year ago and we have to keep the momentum going and the morale high. Let's not get too distracted. I'm OK to hang in with the PP till the end of next season. The boys have been playing in it, so I guess they're not too worried about it. If we can win games with the PP, then the PP's not too bad.

There would be more outcry if Brisbane was a town that gave a damn. Most of the members are pretty fair weathered, and aren't emotionally invested enough in the club to really understand what a big deal it is. I'm no Fitzroy guy, so the old Lion doesn't hold that kind of meaning to me. I'm happy for a new logo, as long as it's one that represents the club, which is a merger of Fitzroy and the Bears. The paddle pop, for anyone that cares, represents the regime of an administration that didn't give a rats arse about anything bar themselves, and that's what i don't like about the current jumper. The design itself, isn't 'terrible', but it stands for everything that needed to change. It was brought in with no thought or consultation of the members, or one half of the club it is ment to represent.

It's the same as if Germany continued to use the nazi flag after Hitler was gone. It's not a bad design, but what it represents is something we shouldn't want to be associated with.

Haha, never heard of that before. I'll now secretly waiting for every discussion to hit Nazi town.

Back on topic, the other side of my post would be that the club does still need to run as a business, and there very well could be reasons that meant they wanted to run with it for another few years. Despite this latest decision, i'm not after the boards blood as i still believe they will change the jumper, and whilst it should be a pretty major thing to get fixed, i can only imagine what crap they stuffed up behind closed doors that they need to fix first. If there were sponsor contracts in place, perhaps it was just easier to run with it for another year or so, keep things calm on one front for the club so they can focus on other aspects first.

Maybe they want to put some time and effort into the jumper change, and don't want to rush to make change for the sake of change. I still think the current board will do the right thing with the jumper, even if it's not as quick as we all would like. If they are going to change the jumper, i'd rather them take an extra year or 2 and make sure they get it right so we can avoid another paddle pop.

At the time it came out I hated the pp. Now I quite like it, and I particularly like the clash version (seriously).

I will support the lions no matter what is on the jumper. The club is bigger than the jumper. I'd still love my Country if the flag was changed.

I accept however that the pp, is as much about how it came about as it is about the jumper. It is emblematic of disregard of the fans and disrespect for our Fitzroy past and for that reason it needs to go. But it needs to go in a way that addresses and does not repeat those previous mistakes.

It needs to go following genuine member focussed consultation, and for direct and perhaps weighted consultation with Melbourne stakeholders. If that consultation will happen, I for one can wait twelve months for the change.

This is a big let down from Administration.

What's the point in preaching all positive news about "how members view will be considered, supporters will get a chance to voice their preference etc" only to leak the news at the tail end of the season "oh, btw, we had to extend the contract last season, so no design changes". BS I say. There is no "relentless, united, respectful" here. Just misguided, shady and deceitful.

And if they are serious about changing jumper and consulting members "at the end of next year", they'll open the forum to discuss about it RIGHT NOW.. this off season. You don't do it, you are not serious about it.

It more and more looks like this jumper change was never in Board's agenda and they are NOT going to do it. Period.

Rest of the crap that admin are spouting are just lip service / HJ for people. Just say what the supporters like to hear, keep them happy. Lions board looks no different to politicians. Very disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

No guernsey design changes next year.

Back