Votes: 66 38.8%
  • Royally pissed off

Votes: 83 48.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And I don't buy the "AFL is not letting us to change jumper" either

Board had to show a bit of back bone and not sign that contract extension. AFL would have definitely bought the "bringing Fitzroy supporter base back on fold" message, if we relayed it consistently. AFL is not stupid.

Board looks spineless to me. Sorry. Inspite of all the ruckus the members had created on 2010 about this jumper, we are getting the message "we extended the contract with AFL". Slap in the face to me. Very angry atm.

I bought a long sleeve paddle pop as it was on special and i wanted a long sleeve for those cold nights at training.
Put it on and just thought, gee this really looks bad. Can't imagine how the players feel. The old one shits all over it.

I bought a long sleeve paddle pop as it was on special and i wanted a long sleeve for those cold nights at training.
Put it on and just thought, gee this really looks bad. Can't imagine how the players feel. The old one shits all over it.
That's it. You don't really notice it until you notice it.

Put it alongside timeless classic guernseys like Carlton or Essendon or Melbourne and its ill-suitedness stands out like pooch's plums.

That's it. You don't really notice it until you notice it.

Put it alongside timeless classic guernseys like Carlton or Essendon or Melbourne and its ill-suitedness stands out like pooch's plums.
Melbourne's logo makes me jealous :(

Can we ditch Bernie "Gabba" Vegas? I hate our current mascot....why is he in sequined flares? Why the sunglasses? I understand it's for kids, but I'd like mine to follow Brisbane and also be straight. With the Lion mascot, we could have such a good mascot walking around at games, but Bernie is an absolute joke and flog of a mascot. Just makes us look like a joke, just as bad as Fremantle paying Clint Jones to dress up as the Dockers mascot.

Can we ditch Bernie "Gabba" Vegas? I hate our current mascot....why is he in sequined flares? Why the sunglasses? I understand it's for kids, but I'd like mine to follow Brisbane and also be straight. With the Lion mascot, we could have such a good mascot walking around at games, but Bernie is an absolute joke and flog of a mascot. Just makes us look like a joke, just as bad as Fremantle paying Clint Jones to dress up as the Dockers mascot.
I never knew Bernie was gay?:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bernie wants the Paddlepop Jumper gone as well - he's living in fear... and has had extensive counselling - He's been assured his position is safe - but he can't sleep at night knowing that Streets Paddlepop Lion is sitting, lurking waiting for a gig.

He rememebers an old Kipling saying. Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up, it knows that it must run fast to out run the lions and survive. Every morning a lion wakes up knowing that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you are the gazelle or the lion, when the sun comes up Bernie is running. He refuses to take a sickie, knowing that Paddlepop will step in at a moments notice.

Over-doing it a bit, son.

That user is here out of the good-will of the club. Best not to overdo it...

Yeah, and then there is the additional issue of a Hitler parody video hardly being the most cogent and mature way to make our point to the club. A bite of satire is all good, but not sure why you'd tag that for the club's attention.

I never knew Bernie was gay?:eek:

Find me a straight man that wears sequined flares.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the mascot is more for the kids than the older fans, but gee whiz why does he have to dress like he's just stepped out of Saturday Night Fever? The silver chain, the sequined flares, the deep v-neck jumper, large belt buckle & sunglasses at night just make him look like a complete wannabe's 1970 gambling disco loser, as opposed to the much better mascot we could have. Couldn't we just have kept it simple and have it similar to all the other teams that have animals for mascots, all you have to do is put a guy in a Cat/Swan/Hawk/Bulldog/Magpie suit without any extra trimmings other than a team jumper and it looks great. A tried and true formula, but we have a Lion dressed as John Travolta.

And don't get me started on his last name being Vegas.... Why not have it as Brisbane? I understand people occasionally refer to Brisbane as Brisvegas, but Vegas & that referral have nothing to do with AFL. Why not have him named Bernie Brisbane or something similar.

Furthermore, surely we should be trying to steer the younger generations away from the dangers of gambling & 70's disco attire/attitude.

End Rant. Apologies if this belonged in the Vent thread, but it really annoys me. Also when mates bring up that out of all the mascots, ours looks most like an old washed up has been Lion that never made it out of the 70's.

Pretty sure he is meant to be Elvislike rather than Travolta. That is where the Vegas connection comes in.

It's for the kids... Let it go. Not every aspect of the club is designed with one person in mind.

Focus your hate on the jumper!

Remove this Banner Ad

No guernsey design changes next year.

Back