No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No punishment for the Doc?

I don’t want to seem harsh but even if it was a first error (which it isn’t), if you saw that incident and the replay at the time and decided that Aliir didn’t need a concussion test or decided that he was too important of a player to take him out for that test, you shouldn’t be allowed in that position.

Should have taken 4 points off them. 1 match penalty and any further offences 5 mathes worth of points. If you want it too stop need to take a properly strong stance on it
I think this is the way to go. Start with a hefty fine (including a hit on their soft cap, even if that only has an effect for 12 months). At the same time make it clear that any future transgression will entail a deduction of 4 premiership points.

I don't agree that the third transgression should be 5 matches though. That would be so draconian that no investigation or administration would ever have the guts to enforce it. And even if they did, the public outcry and media backlash would drown out the core message that we have to get serious about concussions.

I'd say a third transgression inside a 2-3 year time frame should result in deduction of 12 points in total - 8 points in the current year and 4 points in the following year. With the proviso that the calculation of their draft selections should be done as if they had not lost any premiership points.

The scale of penalties can still be accompanied by steadily increasing fines but there's a limit to how far they can go with that without the AFL sending clubs into financial distress. That doesn't really help anybody. Also for some of the clubs the AFL is the sole shareholder so it's a bit of a charade in those cases.

Oh and floggings. Did I mention floggings? There should be public floggings of the medical staff, the coaching staff and the board. They should also be put in the stocks in the middle of the town square and pelted with rotten eggs.

That should show 'em.

Breaking news!! Who got the scoop?

Were Haileybury premature in extending Lloyd's contract? Toxic culture at Haileybury! Why are the Haileybury board sitting on their hands? Does Llyod need time away from the high pressure College football scene?
1691200668526.png

Who is the interim coach? Will there be a review process and a wide ranging search for a new coach? Who will be on the selection panel? Is Llyod receiving the support he needs from the coaches association? Is there a way back for Lloyd?
1691202971700.png

Man I almost feel bad for Norf, imagine your big recruit lord & saviour making those comments 6 months into his 5 year contract, ah I was pretty much done but then saw Wardlaw play and decided to come back.

Concerning 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and floggings. Did I mention floggings? There should be public floggings of the medical staff, the coaching staff and the board. They should also be put in the stocks in the middle of the town square and pelted with rotten eggs.

That should show 'em.
Might be going a touch far but not against it in principle 😉

Man I almost feel bad for Norf, imagine your big recruit lord & saviour making those comments 6 months into his 5 year contract, ah I was pretty much done but then saw Wardlaw play and decided to come back.

Concerning 😂
What are you referring to here doggies?

Do Channel 9 and Fox Footy have his back (like they had Tom Morris)? Are the boards of Fox Footy and Channel 9 sitting on their hands? Do his actions align with values of the media organisations he works for? When will they refresh their lists and move on from airwave cloggers? How many AA callers and commentators do they they have? Should they doing a better job of broadcasting with their list of commentators or have they over-estimated the talent of their lists? Are their lists underperforming? Should the CEOs go? Have the CEO's contracts been extended? Do the CEOs need better assistants? Are they developing young talent or playing favourites?

The Eagles sure are giving it to Essendon. There are a bunch of young players playing for their career. It goes to show that we have to be careful when we play them in rd 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back