No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They’re somewhere around 4th or so for free kick differential, but based on the eye test this year I’d say they get more favourable officiating than any other side (unless you counted Charlie Curnow as a football team)
Its the non calls. Holding the ball very rarely exists for them despite not being a very good team in close. Chop of the arms and front on contact are also things of the past when the ball goes into their backline.

Murphy and Moore are also extremely good at holding and blocking as backs and getting away with it. (which, granted, is part of being a good backman)

N Daicos only three possessions to half time. I haven't been watching. Did he get injured or something?
For some reason macrae has moved him into clearance situations and put Taylor Adams forward...which makes literally no sense considering Taylor Adams' only good trait is clearance situations and Daicos is amazing at outside creativity and gets monstered by bigger bodies and tags.

For some reason macrae has moved him into clearance situations and put Taylor Adams forward...which makes literally no sense considering Taylor Adams' only good trait is clearance situations and Daicos is amazing at outside creativity and gets monstered by bigger bodies and tags.

I think it’s lunacy to read anything into those half time player interviews when they are knackered and just want to get to the rooms for a break. So obviously now I’m going to read too much into one! 😂

Adams interviewed, asked about Daicos and beating the tag says something like “yeah, he’s not really a contested player, a bit more outside…….” Then said he’ll back him in etc. or something similar.

Just thought it was interesting. Maybe the young messiah getting all the plaudits while others do the grunt work and get moved around the ground isn’t that enjoyable…..

I think it’s lunacy to read anything into those half time player interviews when they are knackered and just want to get to the rooms for a break. So obviously now I’m going to read too much into one! 😂

Adams interviewed, asked about Daicos and beating the tag says something like “yeah, he’s not really a contested player, a bit more outside…….” Then said he’ll back him in etc. or something similar.

Just thought it was interesting. Maybe the young messiah getting all the plaudits while others do the grunt work and get moved around the ground isn’t that enjoyable…..
Blind Freddy can see that Daicos should be off half back (he was scintillating there) and Adams playing clearances.

I don't blame Adams for calling a spade a spade.

They have two centre clearances for the whole game against a lower ladder team when theyre top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos's quiet games are 50x worse than Bont's quiet games.

Complete non-factor - Bont is the best player in the AFL at the moment.

Daicos is obviously a very good player, and his second season is one for the ages. But he’s not as good as Bont right now. For one, he hasn’t really learned how to win his own ball - he will, and it’s odds on that he’ll be the best player in the comp at some point, but he’s not there yet.

Dangerfield can be a flog, but he presumably knows a bit about the best opponents he faces and what it takes to be the best player in the comp. When asked on 7 last Sunday he had Daicos third, Petracca second and the Bont first, prefacing that pick with “and I’m not sure it’s even close”.

Good game this.

It is ****ing annoying that the hawks will probably be a top four team again and contending for flags in maybe a few years though.

Blind Freddy can see that Daicos should be off half back (he was scintillating there) and Adams playing clearances.

I don't blame Adams for calling a spade a spade.

They have two centre clearances for the whole game against a lower ladder team when theyre top.
Change I'd be making is Adams for Mitchell. They've been doing it as sub but he's just not that good .... Mitchell.

Change I'd be making is Adams for Mitchell. They've been doing it as sub but he's just not that good .... Mitchell.
Their midfield at stoppage just isnt that good full stop.

Its a glaring mistake to have adams across half forward though.

Especially glaring for a coach who just doesnt ever seem to make the wrong decision.

Good game this.

It is ******* annoying that the hawks will probably be a top four team again and contending for flags in maybe a few years though.
They’re building really well, Mitchell is doing wonders with them - still a while off though I’d think, they’re not the first poor team to play good footy in patches but taking the step from promising team to genuine premiership contender is the hard part.

That list is serioussssly poor, like really really really bad. Great to watch when they’re up and about though, I’d love to see what Mitchell could do with our list playing the way he likes to play, we’d be unbeatable.

Good game this.

It is ******* annoying that the hawks will probably be a top four team again and contending for flags in maybe a few years though.
People get critical of Jeff Kennett for past political differences but he could see the ego of Clarko was not helping the club long term or even medium term. He, Kennett, took some criticism, but it really is ‘water off a duck’s back’ for him as he knew Sam Mitchell was a very impressive leader, and the clear future of their club. It takes courage, wisdom and vision to be a true leader, I hope our club can be as successful?

Their midfield at stoppage just isnt that good full stop.

Its a glaring mistake to have adams across half forward though.

Especially glaring for a coach who just doesnt ever seem to make the wrong decision.
Pendelbury, De Goey, Adams and Daicos looks like a good combination. Mitchell is a spanner in the works.

I think the Port clash exhausted both teams though. It was a titanic/epic struggle. Might have been a Pyrrhic victory for the Pies. I'm glad to have seen it though. Hard to think of a better home and away clash in recent times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back