No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

think we should have had a crack at Mason Wood , talented footballer.

De Konning will be a star in a year or two

Lions have a poor as away record this season, 6 losses and 3 wins. The three wins were not convincing, and were against a slow starting and out of form GWS and Blues. Plus the Saints who had run out of legs after their hot start. Currently losing to Fremantle who have been very poor in recent weeks.

With Port slipping this week, the Lions know that they cannot win away from home, and second place is up for grabs. They have to win this one if they want to run deep into September.

If Lions drop this one, I cannot see the Demons letting second place go. They should beat the Blues, Hawks and the Swans away.

Lions have a poor as away record this season, 6 losses and 3 wins. The three wins were not convincing, and were against a slow starting and out of form GWS and Blues. Plus the Saints who had run out of legs after their hot start. Currently losing to Fremantle who have been very poor in recent weeks.

With Port slipping this week, the Lions know that they cannot win away from home, and second place is up for grabs. They have to win this one if they want to run deep into September.

If Lions drop this one, I cannot see the Demons letting second place go. They should beat the Blues, Hawks and the Swans away.
Other than their win at Geelong last week…. Freo can do some damage to teams still, they’ve been poor this year but they are far from the worst team around. Melbourne a**ing 2nd would annoy me though

Melbourne might have a decent grip on 2nd due to Brisbane and Port faltering (if Brisbane doesn't get over Freo today, although I think they will) but I could see them dropping any of those games.

Other than their win at Geelong last week…. Freo can do some damage to teams still, they’ve been poor this year but they are far from the worst team around. Melbourne a**ing 2nd would annoy me though
I forgot about their win down in Geelong, but they have been a hard team to read, given the gaps between their worst, and what they are capable of is wide. Just want them to beat the Eagles next week, to piss the Roos fans off haha. Just got this gut feel that the Eagles are a chance.

Earlier today I tore the crap out of my calf and have missed the first half of Melb/Norf at the doctor. Just got home. What is going on

I’m very tempted to call the RSPCA and report you !!

I really want to avoid Geelong in first round of finals but I think it’s going to happen. Seems most plausible after going through the ladder predictor a few times.

Last edited:
I really want to avoid Geelong in first round of finals but I think it’s going to happen.

If we win two out of the next three and they win two then we should finish fifth and them 7th. If they lose to Collingwood or Saints then we could potentially knock them out of the finals race in round 24.
Round 24 will shape 5-8 though. Us vs Geelong and GWS vs Carlton.

I really want to avoid Geelong in first round of finals but I think it’s going to happen. Seems most plausible after going through the ladder predictor a few times.
Are you assuming they will beat Collingwood?

They barely beat a Port team missing 7 players and they had 14 more freekicks to get them home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm tunes in with 8 minutes left of play.

Derwayne Russell - "2POINT GAME...FREO'S SEASON STILL ALIVE."

Norm. Squints and scratching chin in puzzlement reaches for phone.

Norm. Checks ladder. Freo currently sitting in 15th, 3 games and 12% outside the 8 with 3 to play.

Norm wonders why he does this to himself.

Last edited:
On Nick Daicos, a fractured knee to recover in 6 weeks sounds like a very short turn around.

I recall we rushed Cooney back in 08 from the same injury in hopes to win a premiership. It sounds like we mismanaged his recovery and he never became the same player.

Wonder how the pies play this and whether they take a conservative approach or go all guns blazing for a flag.

Are you assuming they will beat Collingwood?

They barely beat a Port team missing 7 players and they had 14 more freekicks to get them home
My ladder predictor had Geelong beating us and losing to Collingwood. So both of us going 2/3

I have my predictions of 5-8 at:

Carlton
Dogs
Cats
Swans

Who knows what happens though.

With us winning in Geelong from my prediction Geelong goes from 7th to 10th and 5-8 ends up as:

Dogs
Blues
Swans
Saints

Definitely hoping for the latter out of those 2. Hard to tell what happens this season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back