No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old man injury 😜
It’s really wide open right now isn’t it, as bad as our season has been on a whole (no matter what happens from here it’s a MASSIVE failure for us not to be top 4 considering the quality in the comp) but still if Friday nights footy is our baseline going forward we’re right in it with a sniff, although a very difficult one because we’ve been too poor to lock in a double chance.

But in saying that every time we’ve looked like we’re back with a sniff we’ve shat the bed almost instantly, so not getting ahead of myself based on one game against poor opposition
Don't worry, the bye will help us again

Melbourne have gone into 2021 beast mode again. About the same time in the third quarter as they did against us in the GF.

Or maybe North's brains trust (I think there's an oxymoron in there somewhere) suddenly realised that Sanders was not going to be coming their way if they kept playing the way they were. Who knows.

Anyway normal service has been restored. Alas.

Just Been Reported that Nick Daicos is out for 6 weeks with a hairline fracture in his right knee.
That's terrible. He's a great young player and I wouldn't wish any serious injury on him (maybe just a little hamstring tightness to keep him out on a precautionary basis when we have to play them ;)).

It also puts an asterisk on this year's Brownlow, unless he still wins it. Mind you most Brownlows have asterisks on them but that's another conversation.

I was concerned that a hairline fracture of his knee could be something like the one that ruined Cooney's career. Ironically that also occurred late in Cooney's Brownlow year. However it looks like Daicos's injury is a different one - "a hairline fracture in the lateral tibial plateau of the right knee joint" whatever that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just witnessed an event that comes around as often as Haleys Comet.

Charlie Curnow was on the wrong end of an umpiring decision.

Astonishing!

Saints.

Prefer to play them in the finals over the other possibilities.

And also, **** Carlton.
Funnily enough, if we play Carlton or Saints either way it'll be our first final in Melbourne since the 2016 Grand Final. Technically we're still on a winning streak (of two) down here

Who do we want to win out of Carltank and St Failda?
St Kilda. They won’t be much of a threat in the finals so I don’t mind them making the 8. Carlton could be a threat and besides it’s always good to see them lose.

The worst possible result would be a draw as both of them would overtake us. It would mean we aren’t fighting against StKildas percentage (we’re in front) but instead we’re fighting against Carlton’s (we’re behind).

Please Holy Dog in heaven, no draw! 🙏

St Kilda. They won’t be much of a threat in the finals so I don’t mind them making the 8. Carlton could be a threat and besides it’s always good to see them lose.

The worst possible result would be a draw as both of them would overtake us. It would mean we aren’t fighting against StKildas percentage (we’re in front) but instead we’re fighting against Carlton’s (we’re behind).

Please Holy Dog in heaven, no draw!

And scores are level

Please Holy Dog in heaven, no draw! 🙏
Carlton for me. You're forgetting a team that are capable of doing more damage at their best. Geelong.
A Blues win will push the Cats a win back outside of the eight again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back