No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has Geelong ever lost a game to a controversial free kick? Every game they play they get very generous free kicks, especially in their last quarters. Last week against Port, one umpire paid Geelong 15 free kicks and none to Port.

It amazes me that opposition supporters bang on about us and 2016, while Geelong blatantly gets gifted goals by the umpires, every game!!!

So has Geelong ever lost a game to a controversial free kick? Every game they play they get very generous free kicks, especially in their last quarters. Last week against Port, one umpire paid Geelong 15 free kicks and none to Port.

It amazes me that opposition supporters bang on about us and 2016, while Geelong blatantly gets gifted goals by the umpires, every game!!!
Wasn't it 6 if their first 7 goals against us this year from free kicks right in front

the final against swans in 2012 I think. The 1 that Ling told the ump they lost them the game for the free kick.

They were probably 3-4 goals down, getting their arses handed to them and their captain and main KPD got injured. Probably their best player got a bad corky and they looked shaky.

That they then went bang was ******* impressive. That’s not talent, that’s team cohesion, gameplan and belief.

I don’t like the pies. But it would be great to barrack for them right now.
100% agree, that was one of the best wins you could imagine last night. That’s where a coach has them in peak mental application.

I love Paddy.

Good player and such a nice guy.

Wish him nothing but the best.
choking mom + pop music GIF by Neon Indian

the final against swans in 2012 I think. The 1 that Ling told the ump they lost them the game for the free kick.

I remember a game against Brisbane a few years ago, it should have been a free kick to Brisbane in the dying minutes of the game, which the AFL admitted was missed, which not only lost Brisbane the game it cost them a final spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a game against Brisbane a few years ago, it should have been a free kick to Brisbane in the dying minutes of the game, which the AFL admitted was missed, which not only lost Brisbane the game it cost them a final spot.
Think that was 2021? Didn’t cost Brissy top 4 but it was a shocker of a decision.

Went to the MCG as a neutral last night for the first time, and I have to say - I don’t get how people could think it’s the best stadium in Australia. It’s very good, atmosphere is great, but the whole time I’m sitting there thinking “this is just a slightly less good version of Optus”. It didn’t feel any bigger, the facilities weren’t any better, and the crowd no louder.

Been to plenty of games at Optus as a neutral and the energy there is crazy in comparison. Even when it’s some crap game like Freo vs North, it felt “bigger” than Pies vs Cats at the G

Went to the MCG as a neutral last night for the first time, and I have to say - I don’t get how people could think it’s the best stadium in Australia. It’s very good, atmosphere is great, but the whole time I’m sitting there thinking “this is just a slightly less good version of Optus”. It didn’t feel any bigger, the facilities weren’t any better, and the crowd no louder.

Been to plenty of games at Optus as a neutral and the energy there is crazy in comparison. Even when it’s some crap game like Freo vs North, it felt “bigger” than Pies vs Cats at the G

It harder to get to the ground and if it rains you're fluked. I avoid it as much as possible.

I like the MCG . I wouldn’t want to play there every week, but the one or two games we play there feel like a little holiday . It lights up at finals time . The 2016 final against Hawthorn was electric . The GF was quite good too.

I like traditional 2pm games at the G in a half empty stadium on a winters day , there’s room to move and it’s not hard to get a quick beer . The floodlights come on as the sun sets , a good close game in a comfortable seat … what’s not to like .

20230811_234250-png.1771572

I still cannot believe that this goal was allowed - how can so many umpires miss this - the field umpire standing next to Issac Quaynor should be dropped to the under 10s next week, it not outright sacked.

Without overexaggerating, has to be the dumbest umpire blunder ever. I know the field umpires usually leave this to the boundary umpire with the better view but it’s just so far out of bounds that surely one of the four had to notice what happened.

Plus the video ump who apparently checks every goal was conspicuously absent

20230811_234250-png.1771572

I still cannot believe that this goal was allowed - how can so many umpires miss this - the field umpire standing next to Issac Quaynor should be dropped to the under 10s next week, it not outright sacked.
They all had Jezzafever. One simply cannot stand in the way of helping the games premier forwards as they threaten to win the game off their own boot.

This phenomenon however, isn't merely restricted to Jezza. Its can also be witnessed whenever Charlie Curnow takes to the field.

Gotta get them goals and keep the game a movin'. We sold 10 ad blocks this quarter.

I like the MCG . I wouldn’t want to play there every week, but the one or two games we play there feel like a little holiday . It lights up at finals time . The 2016 final against Hawthorn was electric . The GF was quite good too.

I like traditional 2pm games at the G in a half empty stadium on a winters day , there’s room to move and it’s not hard to get a quick beer . The floodlights come on as the sun sets , a good close game in a comfortable seat … what’s not to like .
Then into the city on the way home for some food and back on the couch in time to rewatch the Dogs victory. It’s Thursday/Friday night games at the MCG which really suck. I’m completely spoilt with how easy it is for me to get to and from Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back