No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

It comes a few weeks after getting rolled by West Coast too. Has the stench of a spiral.

Something is off. After going awol in the preseason but starting well against us most Melbourne fans seem to think Oliver is finished and plenty of others look like they’re hitting the wall too.

There are two games I would have them favourites in for the rest of the year.

It comes a few weeks after getting rolled by West Coast too. Has the stench of a spiral.

Something is off. After going awol in the preseason but starting well against us most Melbourne fans seem to think Oliver is finished and plenty of others look like they’re hitting the wall too.

There are two games I would have them favourites in for the rest of the year.

There has been a few big interceptions by customs lately, I wonder if that's got something to do with their form slump.

When I first started following footy, 2 of my favourite non-Footscray players were Raggsy Goold and John Greening. Goold just passed away, aged 82, wore the #11 before Bruce Doull. The first footy cards I collected were the 72 Scanlens, but somehow I managed to trade a double for a 1970 Goold. I didn't know that at the time, just thought I had some weird mis-print!

images - 2024-06-02T221216.650.jpeg

My schadenfruede-o-meter is off the charts this afternoon.

Never in my life have I seen a football club win a premiership with less humility or class than Melbourne FC. For a team who had had been so pathetic for so long, their arrogance was next level disrespect. Maybe today's result will go some way to knocking the hubris out of them. And may it be another 57 years before they get another taste of ultimate success. At least.
Bravo sir, for truly encapsulating why I will continue to wish this needlessly arrogant pissant club ill for some time to come.

On MIX 2S using BigFooty.com mobile app

Marlion Pickett gets a please explain from the AFL for flipping the bird to the polite crowd down at the Barwon River Pork Barrel Stadium.

Meanwhile we copped the up yours Italian Salute on the member’s wing after the game against the Swans, no questions asked.

On the other hand they were copping it mercilessly from our disappointed faithful. So it was probably deserved 😁

Just saw Jack Gunston got a guard of honour for his 250, bit random. I know it was against his old side but surely getting chaired off would have sufficed?

Just saw Jack Gunston got a guard of honour for his 250, bit random. I know it was against his old side but surely getting chaired off would have sufficed?
Totally bizarre.

I think the guard of honour should be reserved for major milestones like 300 and retiring stars of the game.

For once Cornes is onto something. They’ve just had their hearts ripped out and they’ll miss the eight, and he bailed on them after two years, yet they’re giving him an honour guard.

If we’d played Ward in his 250th and given him an honour guard I’d have wondered what the hell was going on.

Agreed. 250 is a bit of a nothing game, better and should save that for a retirements or game 300.

Cornes made a great point on it being nice for the sake of being nice and being seen as good blokes. He walked out on their club after two years.

It would be like us giving a guard of honour to I don't know, Kym Koster or somebody.

Gunston has played 211 games for the Dawks. Very different to Koster or Ward.

Also a triple premiership player.

Lighten up a bit and try to see things from the other view a little. It makes life much more enjoyable.
Hawks can line up and get on their knees for him, no problem for that. Why the opposition would line up and cheer him off I have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won’t get off

They are only looking to get it downgraded to medium & a 1 game ban, which is fair enough I reckon.

I’m more concerned they have announced that & we haven’t regarding West

They are only looking to get it downgraded to medium & a 1 game ban, which is fair enough I reckon.

I’m more concerned they have announced that & we haven’t regarding West
I will be ropeable if Reid gets a reduced one week ban whilst Darcy gets two. Talkback in the world's furtherest capital city must be going off like a frog in a sock today.

Gunston has played 211 games for the Dawks. Very different to Koster or Ward.

Also a triple premiership player.

Lighten up a bit and try to see things from the other view a little. It makes life much more enjoyable.

Just having a joke. My point was no need for Adelaide to be involved in it. He did a Jason Horne Francis to them.

Hawks every right to go nuts and have confetti, streamers and party hats, but like Corn said, Adelaide should've made for the rooms fast.

Also, still blows my mind Darcy didn't hit Maynard's head, didn't cause concussion just gave him a sore back in a contest and he cops two weeks same as Reid who made his opponent's head bounce after trying to fling him into Row B. Go figure.

Missed a trick not appealing Darcy, Dogs.

Just having a joke. My point was no need for Adelaide to be involved in it. He did a Jason Horne Francis to them.

Hawks every right to go nuts and have confetti, streamers and party hats, but like Corn said, Adelaide should've made for the rooms fast.

Also, still blows my mind Darcy didn't hit Maynard's head, didn't cause concussion just gave him a sore back in a contest and he cops two weeks same as Reid who made his opponent's head bounce after trying to fling him into Row B. Go figure.

Missed a trick not appealing Darcy, Dogs.
Unfortunately hands were tied as Maynard went into the rooms for a concussion test, meaning the impact is automatically graded at a high level. Meanwhile Sam De Koning just adjusts his headband after copping 100kg of knee to the back of the head and the AFL tickets off his treatment because its Geelong.

I will be ropeable if Reid gets a reduced one week ban whilst Darcy gets two. Talkback in the world's furtherest capital city must be going off like a frog in a sock today.

The amount of “games gone soft” comments is ridiculous. The Eagles volunteer/staff reaction behind the fence said it all, the 2 girls were both horrified. The sling was the issue as you don’t have control, he would have been fine if he tried to drag him down but not try to slam him

The amount of “games gone soft” comments is ridiculous. The Eagles volunteer/staff reaction behind the fence said it all, the 2 girls were both horrified. The sling was the issue as you don’t have control, he would have been fine if he tried to drag him down but not try to slam him
Especially when you consider Reid had him dead to rights, just stand up right and they both stroll over then boundary line.

Especially when you consider Reid had him dead to rights, just stand up right and they both stroll over then boundary line.
I’m hoping they increase his ban for being a little smart arse ****

He’s going to be a bloody good footballer, but i saw some really unappealing traits from him on the weekend. Sooked it up big time and threw the toys out of the cot. Should have been penalised 50m for dissent as well and got away with it

I’m hoping they increase his ban for being a little smart arse ****

He’s going to be a bloody good footballer, but i saw some really unappealing traits from him on the weekend. Sooked it up big time and threw the toys out of the cot. Should have been penalised 50m for dissent as well and got away with it
Did not handle the tag well at all. I'm sure he will come good but he needs to learn how to deal with the extra attention because now that clubs have seen they can get under his skin they'll do it every week.

Getting tagged in your 11th afl game.

Ice Hockey Reaction GIF by NHL

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back