Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Walker not a $1.01 favourite, from that list?
Tex has recorded 54 Brownlow votes in his career, 11 times polled 3votes, 6x 2votes, 9x1votes.

In 2021, polled 9 votes. Those games in which he polled votes was when he kicked 4 or more goals.

In 2022, kicked 4 or more goals in 4 games.

Keays in 2022 has had 25+ disposals in 16/22 games 7/22 went 30+

Keays in 2021 had had as well 25+ in 16/22 games. 10/22 went 30+

Keays in 2022 polled votes in a lot of his games he went 29 or more disposals but also a game where he got just 23.

If anything Keays should be shorter in the odds for Brownlow votes compared to the rest of the Crows (excl Laird)

Gahh posted this on my walk into work and put it in the wrong thread!! "Don’t know if it’s been posted yet but radio over in VIC just announced a footy club (one involved in finals) is about to go into major damage mode - something regarding a player but nothing else mentioned. Said it will be announced soon. Take this with a grain of salt though, source was 3aw"

Gahh posted this on my walk into work and put it in the wrong thread!! "Don’t know if it’s been posted yet but radio over in VIC just announced a footy club (one involved in finals) is about to go into major damage mode - something regarding a player but nothing else mentioned. Said it will be announced soon. Take this with a grain of salt though, source was 3aw"
Rumours of "Gin" posting some pics on FB.

Fun Facts with Grotto.

Reason for optimism for the Pies?

Cats have won 1 of their last 7 Qualifying Finals.
2016 2pt win over Hawthorn. IIRC that was a kick after the siren too.

Last time the Cats and Pies met was in 2019, similarly Cats 1st, Pies 4th after H&A, Pies won by 10pts.

Fun Facts with Grotto.

Last time the Cats and Pies met was in 2019, similarly Cats 1st, Pies 4th after H&A, Pies won by 10pts.
Pies are effectively at home too, if you're expecting a close game you almost have to think the Pies will find a way. Pies being $3.10 outsiders seems like great value to toss in a multi.

Pies are effectively at home too, if you're expecting a close game you almost have to think the Pies will find a way. Pies being $3.10 outsiders seems like great value to toss in a multi.
If you want some "protection" in your multi, you could always take the +17.5 option as a safe guard.

Pies have lost 6 games in 2022, 3 of those by 13pts or less.

Fun Facts with Grotto.

I think Pies win.

Geelong have dominated H&A too many times only to be embarrassed by Port or other contenders in the last several years. Pies lift for big games. Expect it to be close with Geelong chocking in the last away from Skilled.

This is how I could see Geelong fitting into the salary cap

View attachment 1493983

They'll have to get rid of players like Dahlahus, Smith, Higgins, Selwood, Hawkins and Tuohy in the next 1-2 years to fit in the back ending though
Quite impressive work there.

It really is time the AFL published salaries like this.

The salary/prizemoney of most professional athletes is public knowledge.

Why not AFL.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quite impressive work there.

It really is time the AFL published salaries like this.

The salary/prizemoney of most professional athletes is public knowledge.

Why not AFL.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would love for the salary cap for every Club to be open and transparent.

So basically anyone with a basic knowledge of maths, can add all the salaries up for a year for every player at any Club and it is under the salary cap for that Club for that year.

Basically making it almost impossible to rort, at least on the books. Off the books, things will always occur.

I don't know about you lot, but I'm absolutely loving watching Port supporters come full circle again and start convincing themselves that they are back in with a chance of the premiership next year. By Feb they will be outright favourites and want to sign Ken up to a 5 year extension (please let it happen).

It started on the back of the Showdown carry-on.
  • Never mind Robbie's retirement, they went all out to try and galvanise their supporters by making up some rubbish about the Crows. Tick, it worked.
  • Then they won a game against a team that struggled to beat West Coast and North the previous two weeks. Tick, back on track!
  • Now they are seemingly in the frame to recruit every single player that might possibly be available for trade. What are we up to now? 6? 7? Tick - supporters starting to believe again.
  • Next it will declaring whoever they actually do recruit to be the 'recruit of the year' and 'an absolute steal'. All led by the Five Minute Fireman of course. Tick, supporters confidence going through the roof.
  • Then it will be endless stories of the best preseason ever. Tick, Premiership incoming!!

Utterly hilarious to watch. I wonder how many years they can fall for the same con-job before they get wise.

I don't know about you lot, but I'm absolutely loving watching Port supporters come full circle again and start convincing themselves that they are back in with a chance of the premiership next year. By Feb they will be outright favourites and want to sign Ken up to a 5 year extension (please let it happen).

• Never mind Robbie's retirement, they went all out to try and galvanise their supporters by making up some rubbish about the Crows. Tick, it worked.
  • Then they won a game against a team that struggled to beat West Coast and North the previous two weeks. Tick, back on track!
  • Now they are seemingly in the frame to recruit every single player that might possibly be available for trade. What are we up to now? 6? 7? Tick - supporters starting to believe again.
  • Next it will declaring whoever they actually do recruit to be the 'recruit of the year' and 'an absolute steal'. All led by the Five Minute Fireman of course. Tick, supporters confidence going through the roof.
  • Then it will be endless stories of the best preseason ever. Tick, Premiership incoming!!

Utterly hilarious to watch. I wonder how many years they can fall for the same con-job before they get wise.

And not a single 'Sack Hinkley' sign in sight at the Showdown!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you know the answer to that. At least another decade.
If we manage a flag in that time though it becomes problematic.

I think as Crows supporters we have reason to be optimistic that Ken can get another 2 year extension that will see him there till at least 2025.

Probably need to get a Prelim next year to get the extension for Kenny. Then they get the missing pieces again via trade and wash, rinse and repeat.

Long may it continue
Happy Love It GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Ahhh… Whats De Goey gone and done now?..

I posted this about 6 years ago and it still holds true to this day

The Port cycle of abuse

Port lose to a top 8 side, they demand for Hinkley to be sacked, claim that Port are rubbish and going nowhere.

Few days later, they get over the loss and begin to build hope that Port can win their upcoming game against a bottom 8 side.

They smash a bottom 8 side, their confidence starts to build

They smash another bottom 8 side, the delusions of grandeur begin

They then go into the next game against a top 8 side believing that they are the best team in the comp and can beat anyone.

REPEAT

I think as Crows supporters we have reason to be optimistic that Ken can get another 2 year extension that will see him there till at least 2025.

Probably need to get a Prelim next year to get the extension for Kenny. Then they get the missing pieces again via trade and wash, rinse and repeat.

I think finals should be enough to trigger an extension. Regardless of what the Port supporters are trying to claim on their board, I honestly can't see Port sacking Hinkley if he gets them into the 8 next year.

I mean when was the last time a coach was sacked after making the finals that year?

The only person that I can even think of that was sacked after making the finals was Cornflakes (Grant Thomas), but I can't remember it happening to any other coach.

Wait until they beat up on a couple of bottom 6 sides in the first couple of rounds, roof will be off

I think finals should be enough to trigger an extension. Regardless of what the Port supporters are trying to claim on their board, I honestly can't see Port sacking Hinkley if he gets them into the 8 next year.

I mean when was the last time a coach was sacked after making the finals that year?

The only person that I can even think of that was sacked after making the finals was Cornflakes (Grant Thomas), but I can't remember it happening to any other coach.
St Kilda have history, Stan Alves was sacked in 1998 after losing a Semi, and having taken them to their first grand final in 26 years the previous year

Stupid pre-finals bye back in the convo. Exists because ONCE a club rested a heap of players in a dead rubber in round 22. Not every coach is as desperate for meaningless 4 points as Neil Passmore Craig. Instead of blowing the whole shebang up, how about starting with not fixturing interstate sides in Tassie in the final round.
It's sucked all the momentum and excitement out of the season.
Absolutely hate it
Having a spare week during covid probably made sense for contingency planning. Should be binned
Also byes over 3 weeks during the season should be binned, would rather everyone have a week off at once

Wait until they beat up on a couple of bottom 6 sides in the first couple of rounds, roof will be off
Definitely will be red hot favorites to win the flag next year in February.

Prison bar jumpers will again be the main topic of conversation, along with the "us against the world" mentality. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back