Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing story Jenny and my thoughts with your family. 17 years is extraordinary - what an amazing survivor she is and I hope she has had a decent quality of life.

My Mum passed away a few years ago with MM. You are said to 'die with it' rather than 'because of it' her Dr told us but its a horrid thing basically a cancer of the bones where they become so brittle they fracture and she ended up being bed bound in the last couple of years of life - she never once complained even with horrendous pain. My Mum (living in Adelaide) was told she was actually one of the longest survivors with MM having being diagnosed 7 years before her passing (where 'normal' time to survive is 3-5 years from memory)
Thank you and I’m sorry about your mum. She did very well, but as you say, they are so stoic despite the pain they must be in. My sis has had a relatively good quality of life although the rider here is the level of pain. Her femurs are rodded in both legs to make them stronger. And she has mulriple fractures she just lives with. She wears a morphine patch and will often need a strong pain killer chaser if she’s had one of those days. Most days she’s thrilled to have survived (and got a chance to share in her four grand babies lives in the last 7 years) but I know there are times when she has had enough. When she was diagnosed, the expected survival rate was two years. The transplant (which was horrendous) was supposed to give her another 1-2. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have had her for 13 more years (and counting).

Port might give the Dees a fair run. Melbs record is deceiving. Beaten a lot of trash.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port’s wins have been against two sets of witches hats and they also won 3 games by less than 7 points (against middling opposition). They good win was the first round against Brisbane.

This week will be a good indication of both sides. Melbourne won’t be complacent at all.

This will end up either a close Port win or a Melbourne belting.

Last edited:
Also Melbourne can be a bit complacent like when we beat them a AO. I don’t think they play AO all that well so Port are a big chance I reckon. Worth a sneaky bet at the current odds.

They can be but not sure when the Opposition has a similar record tho.

Melbourne actually have a good record at Adelaide Oval - 10 wins and 6 losses.

They can be but not sure when the Opposition has a similar record tho.

Melbourne actually have a good record at Adelaide Oval - 10 wins and 6 losses
I remember beating them when we shouldn't have, and them beating us when they shouldn't have. :D I've never trusted Melbourne to do the expected, not even now when they're flying.

They haven't finished in the top four since 2000. They have been absolute garbage

Yet they consistently dominate Victorian-biased footy media.

Half hour show about footy? 15 minutes guaranteed to be spent talking about Carlton.

It will either be, 'Wow, they're flying - look like a real Premiership contender!' - or - 'They are underperforming. Premiership list and they can't get it done', and that is despite the fact that they have not proven one little bit that anyone should have any expectation that they will succeed.

in that case, lets hope for a heart breaking 1 point finals loss - ideally vs the Crows in an AO prelim where they hit the post after the siren despite being 10 metres out straight in front and down by 2 points :)
Please no. My heart couldn't stand that.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yet they consistently dominate Victorian-biased footy media.

Half hour show about footy? 15 minutes guaranteed to be spent talking about Carlton.

It will either be, 'Wow, they're flying - look like a real Premiership contender!' - or - 'They are underperforming. Premiership list and they can't get it done', and that is despite the fact that they have not proven one little bit that anyone should have any expectation that they will succeed.
OMG if I didn't read 'Carlton' in that id have thought you were talking about Port. Fits perfectly. Huge media circle jerk. Overrated ad nauseam.

Last side to garner a number of close wins was collingwood last year..remember imitation is the greatest form of flattery..hence the yearning to wear the black and white stripes of the collingwood footy club
Ports close wins have been nothing like Collingwoods last year.

Interesting just happen to read on apple news something about the five minute fireman having a go at Taranto, being a good but not elite mid which maybe fair enough, but does he realise if he was still playing he would be sent to him to tag.
Where’s that leave you Pain

Interesting just happen to read on apple news something about the five minute fireman having a go at Taranto, being a good but not elite mid which maybe fair enough, but does he realise if he was still playing he would be sent to him to tag.
Where’s that leave you Pain
The one legit critique you can make on Taranto is he's not a great kick (kicking efficiency of 43.3%). Outside of that, he's a genuine A class mid in a lot of areas and if you're going at Taranto for his kicking then you gotta hit guys like Oliver and Cripps too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tasmania situation seems very similar to the whole Adelaide Oval situation. Few people making a lot of noise.

Playing the "but we could solve homelessness card" seems like such a red herring.
Most of those people would be up in arms if the homeless were to be housed in their suburb.

They'd be bitching about their property values being slightly impacted.

Glenn James is this years Sir Doug Nicholls Honouree

There is an interview with Andrew Krakouer on the AFL site but I thought I would share this about his early life

For those old enough to remember he was one of the great VFL umpires. He commanded respect.

Port’s wins have been against two sets of witches hats and they also won 3 games by less than 7 points (against middling opposition). They good win was the first round against Brisbane.

This week will be a good indication of both sides. Melbourne won’t be complacent at all.

This will end up either a close Port win or a Melbourne belting.

the only side in the 8 we've beaten is Saints and the only side in the 8 they've beaten is 6th placed Dogs. It's pretty hard to get a line on the teams around us.

the only side in the 8 we've beaten is Saints and the only side in the 8 they've beaten is 6th placed Dogs. It's pretty hard to get a line on the teams around us.
We beat Port.

I noticed today which I found it insulting

Borth Port Adelaide and Melbourne - Changing your name to the indigenous name? Okay, cool. Changing your logo as well? Nice touch. Leaving the MFC and PAFC monograms in your logo, absolutely insulting.

Either change to NFC/YFC (Or change the FC if that has to as well) or dont bother doing anything. It's a half arsed job.

Does anyone know of any coaches that go directly from Melbourne to Ballarat return?

We are heading over on the week but there is works on the trainlines so have to change to a bus halfway any way. We are trying to get back from the Dreamtime at the G game but it's seeming difficult. No car hire places are open late enough to return a car.

Have got tickets but might be easier to just watch it at a pub in Melbourne and go the the MCG later.

Any advice is appreciated.

I noticed today which I found it insulting

Borth Port Adelaide and Melbourne - Changing your name to the indigenous name? Okay, cool. Changing your logo as well? Nice touch. Leaving the MFC and PAFC monograms in your logo, absolutely insulting.

Either change to NFC/YFC (Or change the FC if that has to as well) or dont bother doing anything. It's a half arsed job.
look i respect your opinion but not sure how anyone finds that absolutely insulting. the whole indigenous celebration week is done very well these days by the AFL - inc all media like AFL 360 tonight being dedicated to the theme. surely theres lot to celebrate here rather than finding negatives and be insulted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back