Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Maynard should be suspended.

Also, slight concern that Brayshaw, with his history of concussion, can be knocked out with that action.

Maynard wasn't going that fast, leaping up to smother. Not at Brayshaw to hit him. So the contact not that hard, compared to an actual bump.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed, he is barely got any momentum

I agree, Brisbane kick straight we lose round 11. It goes both ways
Here's a list of games we lost this year, despite having more scoring shots:
R2 - Richmond - 26 scoring shots to 23, lost by 32
R7 - Collingwood - 23 scoring shots to 19, lost by 1
R15 - Collingwood - 25 scoring shots to 22, lost by 2
R19 - Melbourne - 28 scoring shots to 27, lost by 4
R22 - Brisbane - 28 scoring shots to 24, lost by 6
R23 - Sydney - 23 scoring shots to 19, lost by 1 ** actually won the game, but were cheated out of the points by the AFL

Here's a list of games we won this year, despite having fewer scoring shots:
R11 - Brisbane - 29 scoring shots to 25, won by 21

So... Adelaide's inability to kick between the big sticks cost us 6x as many wins, as did our opposition's inaccuracy. It goes both ways, but 6:1 is a big ratio.

R23 - Sydney - 23 scoring shots to 19, lost by 1 ** actually won the game, but were cheated out of the points by the AFL

So... Adelaide's inability to kick between the big sticks cost us 6x as many wins, as did our opposition's inaccuracy. It goes both ways, but 6:1 is a big ratio.
How many rushed? How hard were the shots?

This is very surface level analysis. I mean we would've had to be much more accurate than Richmond to win, we got smashed.

Against the Dees it was 13.15 to 14.13, that's not wildly inaccurate.

This is very surface level analysis. I mean we would've had to be much more accurate than Richmond to win, we got smashed.

It feels like we kick worse when the games are close.

I don't have that breakdown - but there were a lot of very gettable shots in those games. Far too many players missing set shots from 30m dead in front, and 20m on a slight angle.

"It's a little bit about just how much work goes into something, and in the movie Oppenheimer it was to go into the atomic bomb that ended World War II,"

This comment from Wines really just drips with, 'I just watched a movie and now I'm an expert on the subject' vibes.

They should have just run with a ****ing Barbie theme.

A boofy footy coach trying to discuss the intricacies of the use of nuclear bombs during world war II was just ****ing idiotic.

Then for Ken to not own up to the mistep is ****ing disgusting. What a piece of work.

It just needs to be Black and Teal instead of Black and White.

Simple.
f01074c72876f9fa4c65d47e8070bf9b.jpg
That actually looks better than the black and white version..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"It's a little bit about just how much work goes into something, and in the movie Oppenheimer it was to go into the atomic bomb that ended World War II,"

This comment from Wines really just drips with, 'I just watched a movie and now I'm an expert on the subject' vibes.

They should have just run with a ******* Barbie theme.

A boofy footy coach trying to discuss the intricacies of the use of nuclear bombs during world war II was just ******* idiotic.

Then for Ken to not own up to the mistep is ******* disgusting. What a piece of work.

To be fair didn’t our players watch some antarctic documentary then rave on about it and we aren’t even in the finals

Agreed. He braced for a bump and shouldered him in the head. If he could do that in mid-air, he could have done something to avoid it.
This. It's complete rubbish that Maynard had no option but to brace with his arms down as to connect with his head.

If his arms were down to begin with, then yes. But they were up, so the next reflex (unless you wanted to be physical) would be to put your hands out and push him. Likely would have been high contact, but at least not a firm shoulder to the face.

I agree with this concept in 2023. We lost games purely from inaccuracy from gettable shots.

However this doesn't account for the fact that some teams force you to take shots from harder positions and on the other hand, they get goals from easy positions purely because they were the better team.

The argument that it was unavoidable because he couldn’t have made any other decision mid air is crazy to me, the incident happened because he made a decision mid air. Initially puts his arms up to smother then immediately changes his positioning to that of a bump. There’s a reason 99.9% of smothers don’t result in something like that, because players know they have a duty of care for their opponents. Dangerous precedent being set here if this is just waved off as a footy act

Last edited:
Why do people keep thinking we kicked that inaccurately all season? There are only two games where it was that bad (Collingwood and Giants). Our inaccuracy is way overblown on here.
Melbourne at the G

The Dees game was a shocker for easy shots missed in first qtr. There were 3-4 regulation shots all from about 35m out slight angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back