Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one team wins it though.

I don’t know if we can, happy to be proven wrong. It’s a very tight top 8.

Want to see a full 4 quarter effort against a top 8 side before I start pulling the “contender” card.
The top 9 would all cal themselves contenders at the moment. I reckon top 5 are legit.

only saw parts of the game, did Oliver do anything to earn the boo he got from the pies fans when he was accepting the award?

Only one team wins it though.

I don’t know if we can, happy to be proven wrong. It’s a very tight top 8.

Want to see a full 4 quarter effort against a top 8 side before I start pulling the “contender” card.

Does anyone play four quarters though? No side does that. Problem is when we have our in game trough, we get scored upon quickly.

only saw parts of the game, did Oliver do anything to earn the boo he got from the pies fans when he was accepting the award?

Racked up possessions but no hurt factor whatsoever, Mason Cox was clear BOG in terms of influence on the game.

Was brilliant, but in a losing team- not hugely impactful after half time; could easily have gone to a Pie like Cox or Josh Daicos

Pies move the ball quickly
Well deserved win by Collingwood - totally outplayed them - and they have got good system and do move the ball quickly

Id leave Cox as the ruckman- big forward - and feuck Grundy - he can miss out

Cox in the 2nd half in particular - took mark after mark after mark - thats what big blokes are supposed to do - whens Grundy done that

Magpies should line up some suucker club ( hopefully not Geel - hah ) to get some good picks for Grundy - and get rid of that monster contract of his off the books

Well deserved win by Collingwood - totally outplayed them - and they have got good system and do move the ball quickly

Cox in the 2nd half in particular - took mark after mark after mark - thats what big blokes are supposed to do - whens Grundy done that

Magpies should line up some suucker club ( hopefully not Geel - hah ) to get some good picks for Grundy - and get rid of that monster contract of his off the books

The trouble there is that Cox is probably unlikely to repeat that game day form any time soon.

How do you rate the Pies, because I know you thought Demons were nearly unbeatable 4weeks ago?
Even against us, apart from our super last quarter, they were impressive.
Elliott is sich a pivotal player, as is De Goey, and they are blessed with the Daicos boys.
This should have been the ANZAC day game- lest we forget.

Last edited:
The trouble there is that Cox is probably unlikely to repeat that game day form any time soon.
Much maligned, was huge today in many ways.
Gawn looked gawn after the game, and at times during.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much maligned, was huge today in many ways.
Gawn looked gawn after the game, and at times during.

No denying he played well today.

No denying he's been very mediocre in other games.

Trouble is the fluctuation between the two.

Gawn does look sore. Melbourne are in trouble if he struggles.

How do you rate the Pies, because I know you thought Demons were nearly unbeatable 4weeks ago?
Even against us, apart from our super last quarter, they were impressive.
Elliott is sich a pivotal player, as is De Goey, and they are blessed with the Daicos boys.

I rate the Magpies highly - and i ripped into " Go You Catters " who came out with his imbecile comment after 2 rounds when they were 2 -0 under a new coach - and playing well - when he declared they definitely wouldnt make the 8 - just had to say it - because we were were playing them that week etc

Collingwood are good to watch - got plenty of run - young players etc - and bar Melb - there are no heavyweights in the top 8 - no teams in the 8 to fear whatsoever

Melb have to sort out their forwardline - it is shocking -

We're in the flag hunt up to our ears, aren't we? I've been content this year thinking we aren't a genuine chance, and still might be proven right, but the flag race is as open as I can recall, at this stage of a season.

So I ask, why not us? Obviously the midfield is a worry, but I want to be glass half full not the opposite.
Maybe but the midfield has been hit hard with unavailability. Should wait and see how it goes fully stacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back