Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate the Magpies highly - and i ripped into " Go You Catters " who came out with his imbecile comment after 2 rounds when they were 2 -0 under a new coach - and playing well - when he declared they definitely wouldnt make the 8 - just had to say it - because we were were playing them that week etc

Collingwood are good to watch - got plenty of run - young players etc - and bar Melb - there are no heavyweights in the top 8 - no teams in the 8 to fear whatsoever

Melb have to sort out their forwardline - it is shocking -
You said a few weeks ago that Melbourne are one of the best teams of all time…..

So now an AFL influencer wants sporting idols to hundreds of thousands of kids to be allowed the use of recreational drugs without interference by the game's governing body.

Right.

What message does that send?

Thus would continue the slow erosion of society.

You said a few weeks ago that Melbourne are one of the best teams of all time…..

And you have had the slows on them all along for some reason -maybe its envy - like Rich - dont give the Tigers any credit they are shocking to watch giving them no credit even they won 17 in a row and demolished all comers in the finals last year - Cats could have quite easily lossed to them by over 100 in the PF - that is fact- and then we saw what happened in the GF - and i havent forgotten it

Gawn needs a rest - hes injured - he could barely move - May their premier key backman to come back in - McDonald their CHF - and i think Weidaman should be backed in from this point ahead of Ben Brown - who apart from destroying Blicavs in the PF last year has been basically useless - in fact totally utterly useless

Well deserved win by Collingwood - totally outplayed them - and they have got good system and do move the ball quickly

Id leave Cox as the ruckman- big forward - and feuck Grundy - he can miss out

Cox in the 2nd half in particular - took mark after mark after mark - thats what big blokes are supposed to do - whens Grundy done that

Magpies should line up some suucker club ( hopefully not Geel - hah ) to get some good picks for Grundy - and get rid of that monster contract of his off the books
I would take Grundy in a heartbeat. But Realistically- Crows will have the picks and salary cap space.

So now an AFL influencer wants sporting idols to hundreds of thousands of kids to be allowed the use of recreational drugs without interference by the game's governing body.

Right.

What message does that send?

Thus would continue the slow erosion of society.
Not to mention WADA would be howling

only saw parts of the game, did Oliver do anything to earn the boo he got from the pies fans when he was accepting the award?

I read it suggested (and likely somewhat on the mark), that the crowd wasn't so much boo'ing Oliver the individual, as they were boo'ing the decision for him to be awarded best on ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if North now regret not trading pick 1 (JHF) for pick 4 (which ended up being Rachele) and two FRP for this draft (which are currently 2 & 4 I believe).

With all the talk that JHF wants out and it's clear his attitude is shit, maybe they would've been better off with three top 5 picks over two years.
Wait, was that seriously offered for him?

Wait, was that seriously offered for him?
Not quite - if the trade in question is the one from Adelaide, this is what it was reported to be:

AFL.com.au understands the Crows offered the Kangaroos their pick No.4 in this year as well as their two first-round selections in 2022 to move up the order to No.1 this year but North is set to hold firm.

A future second-rounder going back to Adelaide from North would also have been part of the proposed deal.

Adelaide secured a second first-rounder for next year via its mega four-way pick swap earlier this week which is tied to Melbourne's finishing position in 2022.

Works out as
  • 2021, 1 x Round 1 (Adelaide)
  • 2022, 1 x Round 1 (Adelaide) & 1 x Round 1 (Melbourne)

Plus North sending a 2nd round pick back

The pick linked to Melbourne is currently pick 17, so while good it's not quite as impressive as the idea of 3 x top 5 picks

Not quite - if the trade in question is the one from Adelaide, this is what it was reported to be:

Works out as
  • 2021, 1 x Round 1 (Adelaide)
  • 2022, 1 x Round 1 (Adelaide) & 1 x Round 1 (Melbourne)

Plus North sending a 2nd round pick back

The pick linked to Melbourne is currently pick 17, so while good it's not quite as impressive as the idea of 3 x top 5 picks
It's still insane not to take it

Let’s just never make the finals again and that should allay your concerns. 👍
Sadly every fan base has its supporters that are too afraid to back the team. Easier to shit on the club.
Have one sitting in front of me in the Hickey Stand, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back