Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez that's not great. I got a lot of love for big Max

The fact I still really like him after he single handedly beat us in the prelim is testament to what a likeable person and player he is...

Never like to see a great player go down with injury, but I am not complaining when we face the Dees in three weeks...

Just as well they have Preuss waiting in the wings ...

Oh wait.

The fact I still really like him after he single handedly beat us in the prelim is testament to what a likeable person and player he is...
He is a good guy, no doubt. And an absolutely vital player for their system. The current evidence would suggest that May and Max are the two most crucial players on the Melbourne list.

Of their remaining fixtures, they only have three teams outside the current top eight to play. The Crows in Adelaide looks the simplest, with both the Dogs and the Power potentially capable of causing them issues. Brisbane (twice), Freo in Perth, Geelong at GMHBA, and the Blues as well as the Pies at the 'G. Not too many you'd be comfortably inking in for them at this point, given their current form.

So, how many weeks does it take to constitute a dynasty?

He is a good guy, no doubt. And an absolutely vital player for their system. The current evidence would suggest that May and Max are the two most crucial players on the Melbourne list.

Of their remaining fixtures, they only have three teams outside the current top eight to play. The Crows in Adelaide looks the simplest, with both the Dogs and the Power potentially capable of causing them issues. Brisbane (twice), Freo in Perth, Geelong at GMHBA, and the Blues as well as the Pies at the 'G. Not too many you'd be comfortably inking in for them at this point, given their current form.

So, how many weeks does it take to constitute a dynasty?
And I wonder how May will respond to the criticism of him when he returns. Probably water off a duck’s back.

Ffs kingy put a pipe in it!

Absolutely brilliant from Kingy. His antipathy for the club is still so strong (and stronger still since we cobbled together a premiership team without someone to play that 'lead-up, Cam Mooney role') that he's going all in on a reverse mock of the Cats.

1994 is a very long time ago, David. Just let it go.

Does that mean that Jackson is now their #1 ruck or are they bringing in someone else?

He will be their no.1
He's like Nankervis but a much more athletic version.
Not sure he has the tank capable of running out an entire game but on evidence based so far when he plays in the ruck, he'll be better than half the rucks in the competition at the moment.

Could really be a blessing in disguise if he makes it work out. Means Gawn can go forward throughout the finals a lot more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for Gawn because he's a total champion of the game, but I also feel OK that he won't be available when we play the Dees. Gawn cut us up in a few games last year, especially that humiliating game at the end of the season.

I feel sorry for Gawn because he's a total champion of the game, but I also feel OK that he won't be available when we play the Dees. Gawn cut us up in a few games last year, especially that humiliating game at the end of the season.
Exact same sentiments. He is No.1 ruck in the AFL. Watching him palm the ball over his head into the waiting arms of Oliver (I think) against Collingwood, was sublime. With Stanley you hope he can just touch the ball at ruck duals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back