Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are a team as sucky as hawthorn getting friday night games? With a floating fixture in place.

Deserve to be banished to a permanent sunday twilight slot.
Not sure if someone else beat me to it, but this weeks fixture is kinda ****ed by having Thursday and Monday games

Thursday: Port v Geelong
Friday : Swans v Dawks
Saturday 4pm: Freo v GC
Saturday 7pm: Saints v Adelaide
Sunday 3pm: North v GWS
Sunday 7pm: WC v Richmond
Monday: Demons v Pies

So out of those games, the only two not in "prime time" is Freo v GC and North v GWS, both games arguably worse than Swans v Dawks. Even Saints v Adelaide is a bit of a miss. Too many prime time fixtures and not enough games to fill them.

Fair enough. That's a fair bit.
I honestly don't know how he wasnt in prison. The tax office said he owed something like $15,000,000 but he claimed he only earned $20,000 a year. This is despite his own admission of spending 50k a month. I don't know how he made his money but the maths doesnt add up and hes lied, the ATO knows his lied but nothing is done about it.

Anyway, he's a piece of shit.

I honestly don't know how he wasnt in prison. The tax office said he owed something like $15,000,000 but he claimed he only earned $20,000 a year. This is despite his own admission of spending 50k a month. I don't know how he made his money but the maths doesnt add up and hes lied, the ATO knows his lied but nothing is done about it.

Anyway, he's a piece of sh*t.
Yeah that's insane.

Shows how irrelevant the current Cats v Hawks rivalry has become over the last few years - I’m actually pleased for them this evening. Shocking I know.

Yeah you really need both teams to be pretty decent for it to mean anything.

Having said that, we’re still told how huge Essendon v Collingwood is and they haven’t been strong at the same time for eons. Take away the media and manufactured tradition few neutrals would care.

No i thought they looked allright- and for the remainder of this season - of the teams presently outside the 8 - i think they can roll a few teams
Yeah i wouldn’t mind them winning a few more games and ending up with say, pick 5. Rather than a top 4 pick. Makes their rebuild even more arduous.

Pick 1 or 2 you could probably build a team around. Get’s a bit less likely after that.

No loss to the world. Complete scumbag.

His mother’s $ as I understand it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yuck. Why the #### the AFL do Thursday night games in bye rounds already stretched out to Monday I'll never know.
Only two games today and neither are appealing.
View attachment 1153017
Yes agree ! I think the timing of re introducing Thursday night games this round is wrong. There shouldn’t be Thursday night games in bye rounds as it’s a bit thin on the weekend. The first game on a Saturday is 4:15pm Melbourne time. A bit late….

Yes agree ! I think the timing of re introducing Thursday night games this round is wrong. There shouldn’t be Thursday night games in bye rounds as it’s a bit thin on the weekend. The first game on a Saturday is 4:15pm Melbourne time. A bit late….

You're dead right but they don't give a #### about week ends and traditional afternoon footy experience (and when families and kids can attend). All about prime tv evening time slots and whatever can be done to create more of them.

Why can't they have one game at at least 2pm or 3pm. No need to run them back to back into each other.

Yeah i wouldn’t mind them winning a few more games and ending up with say, pick 5. Rather than a top 4 pick. Makes their rebuild even more arduous.

Pick 1 or 2 you could probably build a team around. Get’s a bit less likely after that.

Get em another Mitch Thorp, I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back