Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAFL seems the best at developing young players

The better mature players tend to come from WA. Perhaps that is more to do with not identifying the talent properly to start with. WA is a big state and can't imagine the footy pathway is that well organised outside of Perth. Plus we know from some industry participants like Rendell, Simpson, Hawthorn etc there is a strong bias towards white, private schooled draftees from a "good family" when it comes to the national draft.

I have nothing against Castagna, but his retirement announcement had weird timing. It would have been better for his club if he decided this at the end of last year and let the Tigers draft/trade another player in. Now he's left them one player short until the mid-year draft. Why would you go through an entire preseason and then decide to retire a few weeks before round 1? Seems odd to me.

I have nothing against Castagna, but his retirement announcement had weird timing. It would have been better for his club if he decided this at the end of last year and let the Tigers draft/trade another player in. Now he's left them one player short until the mid-year draft. Why would you go through an entire preseason and then decide to retire a few weeks before round 1? Seems odd to me.
Clearly not planned, though. He just got closer and closer to the line and decided he couldn't go. Hardly ideal, but there it is.

And it was supposed to be the Summer of George!

Nearly as bad as Christensen back in the day when he was traded at the last minute

Nearly as bad as Christensen back in the day when he was traded at the last minute
Not quite. I mean, at least Bundy was traded out during the trade period so the Cats could use the draft to replace him. Castagna didn't give his club that option, which is a bit selfish IMO.

Not quite. I mean, at least Bundy was traded out during the trade period so the Cats could use the draft to replace him. Castagna didn't give his club that option, which is a bit selfish IMO.
More selfish to phone it in for the year while taking the money, I would have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's probably pulled up lame from a training and the feedback is that he's back where he has been

Clarko on the warpath again ?

Angry little midget

I only heard it in the background, so I could've misheard, but am pretty sure he walked back his 'apology' to Elisabeth Moss by telling Tim Watson that she had gone after TT unfairly.

My summation of his interview with TW was that he essentially blamed Elisabeth for what occurred, and defended his response as 'what anyone would do'.

Always thought him a poor bloke, and it left me feeling even more dismissive of him.

I only heard it in the background, so I could've misheard, but am pretty sure he walked back his 'apology' to Elisabeth Moss by telling Tim Watson that she had gone after TT unfairly.

My summation of his interview with TW was that he essentially blamed Elisabeth for what occurred, and defended his response as 'what anyone would do'.

Always thought him a poor bloke, and it left me feeling even more dismissive of him.
The AFL/Haw turned a blind eye to a of his behaviour over the years in the name of success, they have created their own monster he should had been sacked years and years ago.

A whole long list of piss poor questionable behaviour…as for Norf the standards you walk pass are the standards you accept and they’ll reap what they have sowed soon enough the club is so desperate they’ll accept anything

The AFL/Haw turned a blind eye to a of his behaviour over the years in the name of success, they have created their own monster he should had been sacked years and years ago.

A whole long list of piss poor questionable behaviour…as for Norf the standards you walk pass are the standards you accept and they’ll reap what they have sowed soon enough the club is so desperate they’ll accept anything

Check this out:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back